Find ways to beat the winter chill and boredom with the family at the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston in February 2023.
This month, marvel at basketball wizardry, laugh along with Elmo and his friends, attend a LEGO lover’s event, kick off the rodeo season, and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 12 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Month: February 2023
- Cirque Italia’s Water Circus at Houston Premium Outlets | Thursday, February 2 to Sunday, February 5 – Heading to Cypress for a weekend slate of performances, Cirque Italia stages a human circus above, on, and within a stage comprised of a 35,000-gallon tank of water. Watch in awe as high energy acts swing from ropes, flip over trapezes, and zip by on BMX bikes and roller skates, always pushing what the body is capable of doing. $25 and up; $10 for ages 12 and under. Times vary.
- Trail Mix: Music, Magic & More at M-K-T | Saturday, February 4 | FREE – M-K-T in the Heights presents Trail Mix, featuring AndyRoo, who leads kids of all ages on an adventure through the AndyRooniverse, along with magician David Rangel. There will also be unique hands-on pop-ups and giveaways at the trailside event, including free food from Mendocino Farms, Union Studio Yoga’s free craft table activity, and giveaways from Color Me Mine Houston. 10am to 11:30am.
- Harlem Globetrotters at NRG Arena | Saturday, February 4 – The Harlem Globetrotters 2023 World Tour brings amazing basketball skill, outrageous athleticism and a nonstop laugh-out-loud good time as the Globetrotters face off against their rivals, the Washington Generals. $25 and up, plus parking. 2pm and 7pm.
- Brick Fest Live! at NRG Center | Saturday, February 4 & Sunday, February 5 – Check out creations of more than one million Lego bricks with life-size models, live stage shows, build zones, hard-to-find merch, and more. Timed entry tickets are $19.99 and up; free for ages 2 and under. Saturday 9am to 4:30pm; Sunday 10am to 4pm.
- Opening Night at the Rink: Rolling at Discovery Green | Friday, February 10 – Celebrate the opening of Discovery Green’s roller rink with music by Yung Chris the DJ, and featuring Daisies & Pancakes skate community and skate instructors showcasing their talents. The first 50 skaters in line skate for free. $12; includes skate rental. 5pm to 11pm.
- Sesame Street Live! Make Your Music at NRG Arena | Friday, February 10 to Sunday, February 12 – Join your favorite Sesame Street friends on this magical adventure where Elmo teams up with friends Abby, Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Grover, Rosita and others to put on a magic show for the whole neighborhood. $20 and up. Times vary.
- The Biggest Picnic in Texas at Memorial Park Land Bridge | Saturday, February 11 | FREE – Memorial Park Conservancy debuts the park’s new 100-acre Land Bridge and Prairie with a free picnic celebration and family-friendly entertainment, including live music, face painting, and more. H-E-B will be handing out free picnic provisions while supplies last, and everyone is invited to bring their own picnics (no glass containers permitted). Food trucks will also be selling bites on site. 10am to 5pm.
- Monster Jam at NRG Stadium | Saturday, February 11 – Marvel at the gravity-defying experience of monster trucks when Monster Jam arrives in Houston. Fan favorites like Grave Digger and others will take to the dirt course for freestyle, skills challenges and racing competitions across each of the scheduled events. $20 and up. 7pm.
- 21st Annual Rockets Run at Toyota Center | Saturday, February 18 – Join in a 5K run, 2 mile walk, or a Kids 1K (12 and under) and finish across center court inside Toyota Center. Each registration includes one Rockets home game ticket, a t-shirt and admission to the post race party across from Toyota Center. Registration starts at $45. 7am to 10:30am.
- Mardi Gras on Main in La Porte | Saturday, February 18 | FREE – The annual fun-for-all-ages Mardi Gras on Main street festival returns to downtown La Porte. Kicking off with an open-to-the-public March to Mardi Gras parade down Broadway at 4pm, the festival will feature live music by Step Rideau and the Zydeco Outlaws, the Mardi Gras Market, a kids zone, and more. 4pm to 9pm.
- Houston Roughnecks XFL Opening Day at TDECU Stadium | Saturday, February 18 – Kick-off the return of the XFL when Houston Roughnecks take on the Orlando Guardians. Coach Wade Phillips will lead the Roughnecks, who were one of the league’s best teams before the pandemic halted XFL play. $24 and up. 7:30pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Rodeo Parade in Downtown | Saturday, February 25 | FREE – See the city’s favorite spectacle as thousands of people on horseback join decorative floats in a Saturday morning parade that celebrates the start of the 2023 Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo season. The parade route begins at Bagby and Walker Streets, before traveling down stretches of Travis, Bell, Louisiana and Lamar. 10am to 2pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).