Get your laughs at these must-see live comedy shows and events in Houston for January 2023.
Find more comedy happening all month long in the 365Houston Calendar.
Here are our picks for the month’s top nights in comedy:
Top 15 Live Comedy Events This Month: January 2023
- Jared Freid at Houston Improv | Thursday, January 5 – The NYC-based comedian offers his observations on dating and relationships with a one-night only slot at the Improv. Tickets are sold by the table; $80 for 4, and up. 8pm.
- The Riot presents Cipha Sounds at Rudyard’s Pub | Friday, January 6 & Saturday, January 7 – On back-to-back nights, the comic featured on Chappelle’s Show, TruTV’s Laff Tracks and as an MTV VJ takes the upstairs stage at Rudz for four shows of laughter. $17 and up. 7pm and 9pm.
- Bill Bellamy at Houston Improv | Friday, January 6 to Sunday, January 8 – The Marq-E comedy venue welcomes actor and stand-up performer Bill Bellamy, who in recent years has starred in the Netflix miniseries Self Made, and featured in 2021’s A Dark Foe, opposite Selma Blair. Tickets are sold by the table; $60 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Neil Hamburger at the Secret Group | Wednesday, January 11 – A legend of the comedy scene, Neil Hamburger brings his satiric persona of an old-school nightclub comedian to the EaDo stage for a one-night only show. $25. 8pm.
- Jay Pharaoh at Houston Improv | Friday, January 13 to Sunday, January 15 – Known for his hilarious impressions and six-season run as cast member on Saturday Night Live, Jay Pharoah works the room for five shows across a mid-January weekend. Tickets are sold by the table; $60 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Noel Miller at 713 Music Hall | Saturday, January 14 – The Downtown venue hosts one night of biting one-liners and topical social commentary from Noel Miller, who’s on tour with his latest set, the Everything is F#&ked tour. $39 and up. 7pm.
- Chris Distefano at House of Blues | Saturday, January 14 – Best known for his roles on MTV’s Guy Code and IFC’s Benders, Distefano attacks the absurdity of the day-to-day, hipsters, and the characters he’s encountered throughout his life. $27.50 and up. 8pm.
- Kenan Presents Live Performance Showcase at Rudyard’s Pub | Wednesday, January 18 & Thursday, January 19 – As part of a nationwide competition in 45+ cities, this local comic showcase seeks to find up and coming comedy talent to offer them bigger stages and, for the prized few, the chance to head to New York to meet Saturday Night Live cast member Kenan Thompson and attend a taping. $15 and up. Times vary.
- Russell Peters at Houston Improv | Thursday, January 19 to Sunday, January 22 – Seen in his Netflix specials, Notorious and Almost Famous, as well as the 2020 Amazon special, Deported, Russell Peters brings brand new material to the Houston Improv stage for four straight nights. Tickets are sold by the table; $110 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Kerryn Feehan at the Secret Group | Saturday, January 21 – Out of New York, Kerryn Feehan has been featured on Comedy Central, TruTV, Sirius XM and many other comic festivals and podcasts. You can catch her on the EaDo stage for one-night only this month. $20 and up. 8pm.
- The Riot presents Ariel Elias at Rudyard’s Pub | Sunday, January 22 – This up and coming comic recently debuted on Jimmy Kimmel Live! and on the set of The Marvelous Ms. Maisel, now taking her comedic mesh of unique, personal stories mixed with witty and wry observations to the Rudyard’s stage. $15 and up. 7pm.
- Atsuko Okatsuka at Houston Improv | Tuesday, January 24 – The comedian and writer, who recently performed on the talk show circuit with The Late Late Show with James Corden, swings through the Spring Branch comedy venue for a side-splitting night of her observations and personal tales. Tickets are sold by the table; $40 for 2, and up. 7:30pm.
- Asif Ali at Houston Improv | Wednesday, January 25 – Recently cast in films like Don’t Worry Darling, Easter Sunday with Jo Koy, and featured on Comedy Central and beyond, Asif Ali brings a trademark stage personality to the Improv, dishing tales that draw on his East Indian background and lived experiences. Tickets are sold by the table; $40 for 2, and up. 7:30pm.
- Craig Robinson at Houston Improv | Thursday, January 26 to Sunday, January 29 – Best known as Darryl on The Office and his comedic roles in Hot Tub Time Machine, This Is The End, and more, the comedian, actor and musician takes over the Improv for six shows over four nights. Tickets are sold by the table; $90 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Jo Koy at Toyota Center | Saturday, January 28 – One of today’s premiere stand-up acts, Jo Koy offers a uniquely relatable blend of comedy that pulls inspiration from his colorful family and delights audiences at sold-out arenas around the world. $59.50 and up. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).