Catch music’s biggest talents at these must-see live shows and concerts around Houston from Monday, December 26 through New Year’s Day, Sunday, January 1, 2023.
Want to dig deeper for live concerts in Houston this month? Check the 365 Houston calendar for additional shows taking place across H-Town.
Top 12 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston This Week
- Toadies & Flickerstick at House of Blues | Tuesday, December 27 – Rulers of the Possum Kingdom, and Texas’ own stalwarts of alt rock, the Toadies are back celebrating their debut album, Rubberneck, with Flickerstick supporting. $30 and up. 7pm.
- Dale Watson at Main Street Crossing | Tuesday, December 27 – The Austin honky tonker is taking over Tomball’s stage, playing music from his latest release, Call Me Insane. $25 and up. 8pm.
- A Beatles Holiday Cabaret at Music Box Theater | Tuesday, December 27 & Wednesday, December 28 – Celebrate the holidays Beatles-style as Music Box Theater offers the final two performances of traditional holiday tunes mashed up with the fab five’s hits. $35 and up. 7:30pm.
- Home Free Family Christmas Tour at Stafford Centre | Wednesday, December 28 – It’s an all-vocal country Christmas with Home Free as they bring their pop hits, country and western standards, and more to the Stafford Centre in Fort Bend. $34.50 and up. 8pm.
- Lalah Hathaway, Kenny Lattimore & Avery Sunshine at Arena Theatre | Friday, December 30 – Come in from the cold and keep warm with the sultry and soulful sounds of music royalty Lalah Hathaway, Kenny Lattimore, and Avery Sunshine. $59.50 and up. 8:30pm.
- Los Skarnales at Heights Theater | Friday, December 30 – Hometown heroes, Los Skarnales, are reppin’ la cultura and are ready to party in the Heights on the eve of New Year’s Eve. $18 and up. 8pm.
- Tobe Nwigwe at 713 Music Hall | Friday, December 30 – Tobechukwu Dubem Nwigwe is his correct name and he will be playing a monu-mint-al homecoming show featuring tunes from his hit 2022 record, moMINTs. $22 and up. 8pm.
- A More Perfect Union at White Oak Music Hall | Friday, December 30 – The Houston trio, A More Perfect Union will be ripping up the upstairs at WOMH with music from their self-titled summer release and support from the Telebastards and Orion 224. $12 and up. 8pm.
- Red: A Taylor Swift Tribute at Last Concert Cafe | Friday, December 30 – It’s time for the Swifty hive to assemble because the nationally touring four-piece will be playing LCC and plans to take everyone on an epic journey through Taylor Swift’s discography. $18 and up. 8pm.
- Moondance featuring Stephan Jolk at Bauhaus | Friday, December 30 – The Downtown dance party spot hosts the Milanese DJ Stephan Jolk for Moondance night. $10 and up. 10pm to 2am.
- The Suffers, Fat Tony, Dem Roots at Last Concert Cafe | New Year’s Eve, Saturday, December 31 – A trio of Houston acts come together for a New Year’s Eve bash at a longtime Houston staple, just north of Downtown. The Kam Franklin-led Gulf Coast Soul group The Suffers headlines the evening, which also includes performances by the Exotica rapper from Third Ward, Fat Tony, and nu-reggae outfit, Dem Roots. $50 and up. 9pm to 12:30am.
- 26th Annual Townes Van Zandt Wake at Old Quarter Acoustic Cafe | New Year’s Day, Sunday, January 1 | FREE – In Galveston, the storied singer-songwriter venue hosts their annual wake for Texas folk legend Townes Van Zandt (whom recorded one of his iconic albums at the Old Quarter). Longtime patrons and newcomers alike will take turns playing the tunes of Van Zandt, as well other favorites. 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).