Immerse yourself and your loved ones in the spirit of the season at the Giant Gingerbread Village—complete with a healthy dollop of pop-up events on the side—at City Place in Spring, happening now through Sunday, January 7, 2023.
Since debuting three years ago, the Giant Gingerbread Village has quickly become a holiday tradition for thousands of greater Houston families and visitors.
Upon arrival to the free holiday attraction, guests travel down a gumdrop, lollipop and candy-cane-lined path—guarded by two giant gingerbread men, naturally—to a raised clearing featuring cookie trees, a 16-foot-high gingerbread house, and 12-foot windmill.
The free, Insta-worthy attraction will be on display through the first week of January, along with the 35-foot glimmering Christmas tree rising from City Place Park’s main pond.
And to complement the fun and festive sights, City Place Plaza and Park will be downright packed with free entertainment in the weeks leading up to Christmas.
The live events will wrap up after Friday, December 23, 2022, while the Gingerbread Village will remain open daily through Sunday, January 7, 2023. Learn more about the Giant Gingerbread Village, upcoming pop-up events, and City Place.
Holiday Entertainment & Events at the Giant Gingerbread Village
In addition to the charming village and glimmering Christmas tree, City Place will be presenting free holiday shows, activities, and more through Friday, December 23, 2022.
The holiday decor and Gingerbread Village will remain open daily for free visits through Sunday, January 7, 2023, including Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
Pop-up Holiday Events at City Place
- Family Portraits with Philip Schrei Photography |Tuesday, December 20, 2022 – Sign up in advance to reserve a 30-minute family and photo shoot with City Place’s Christmas tree and holiday decor as your backdrop. $50 per session.
- Holiday Train Rides | Thursday, December 22, 2022 | FREE – Kids can hop aboard the free train and chug along around City Place Park’s main pond and Christmas tree, the Gingerbread Village, and more. 4pm to 7pm.
- Friday Night Live! Piano Concerts | Friday, December 23, 2022 | FREE – Kick back and enjoy a lively piano concert in the plaza. 6pm to 8pm.
About City Place Plaza
Situated at the heart of City Place, City Place Plaza is the backdrop for more than 300 community events every year—ranging from fitness to education to kick-your-sandals-off concerts.
The Plaza’s sweet mix of sunny and shady spots is ideal for meetups with friends and co-workers over lunch, fresh-air ping pong, and more.
Learn more about City Place Plaza and upcoming events.
Giant Gingerbread Village at City Place in Spring
- Dates: Through Sunday, January 7, 2023
- Times: Daily from 7am to 11pm. Special pop-up entertainment and event times vary by day. Explore upcoming pop-up events.
- Location: City Place, 1250 Lake Plaza Drive, Spring, TX 77389
- Admission: Free. Learn more about the Giant Gingerbread Village, upcoming pop-up events, and City Place.
This article has been sponsored by the event organizer. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Learn more about promoting your event or business.