Make the most of your week with our top festivals, events, and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, December 19 to Sunday, December 25, 2022.
We’ve whittled down all the happenings in H-Town to our 15 picks for the week, but you can always check out the extended calendar for more things to do in Houston.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, December 19 to Sunday, December 25, 2022.
Top 15 Festivals, Events & Things to Do This Week in Houston
- 13th Annual Chanukah Extravaganza Blockbuster Party at Evelyn’s Park | Tuesday, December 20 – The Bellaire Jewish Center kicks off their 13th annual Chanukah Extravaganza with a party at Evelyn’s Park featuring a community menorah lighting, crafts, inflatable bounce houses and obstacle courses, cirque performers, all-you-can-eat Chinese food, a latke bar, DJ music, and more. Advance tickets are $15; $12 for children (no age specified); $49.99 max cost per family. 4:44pm.
- GUST: Grown-Up Story Time at Continental Club | Tuesday, December 20 – Head to Continental Club for this month’s edition of local storytellers that offer true, funny, bizarre, and tear-jerking tales. $8 and up. 7pm.
- Shop Local Holiday Market at Axelrad Beer Garden | Tuesday, December 20 & Wednesday, December 21 | No Cover – Make your plan for last-minute gift shopping when Axelrad hosts a twice-weekly holiday market with Boombox Taco on Tuesday, and jazz from Amexicun on Wednesday. 5:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Black Panther Movie Screening at Discovery Green | Thursday, December 22 | FREE – Bundle up on the lawn at Discovery Green for an outdoor screening of the Marvel smash hit, Black Panther, starring Chadwick Boseman. 7pm to 9pm.
- Annual Christmas Party at Old Quarter Acoustic Cafe in Galveston | Thursday, December 22 | FREE – The legendary singer-songwriter venue in Galveston hosts their yearly holiday event, filled with music and good cheer. 8pm.
- Santa at Saint Arnold Brewing Company | Thursday, December 22 & Friday, December 23 | No Cover – Head to the Beer Hall and take a free family photo with Santa, share your Christmas list and browse the Shop Local market for last-minute finds. 1pm to 4pm.
- The Riot Comedy Club presents Ralph Barbosa at Rudyard’s | Thursday, December 22 & Friday, December 23 – Fresh off debuts on HBO and Comedy Central earlier this year, the Dallas native comedian is on a roll and takes the upstairs mic for back-to-back nights of nearly sold out shows. $20 and up. Times vary.
- Ali Siddiq presents the Gift of Laughter at Houston Improv | Thursday, December 22 & Friday, December 23 – A familiar face at the Improv and at clubs across the city, Ali Siddiq hosts a pre-Christmas event at the West Houston stage, getting you in the mood for laughter this holiday season. $70 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Houston Ballet presents The Nutcracker at Wortham Center | Thursday to Saturday | Final Weekend – The Tchaikovsky classic returns to the stage, as only the Houston Ballet can deliver it. Stanton Welch’s take on this beloved story of young Clara and the nutcracker she receives as a gift on one magical Christmas Eve offers grand sets, gorgeous costumes and stunning dance. $35 and up. Showtimes vary.
- A Christmas Story Movie Screening at Urban South HTX | Friday, December 23 | No Cover – Come out and see the classic Christmas movie in Arts District while enjoying frozen beer, complimentary popcorn and a costume contest. 6:30pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks at Toyota Center | Friday, December 23 – Luka Doncic and ex-Rocket Christian Wood return to Houston for a pre-Christmas showdown on the hardwood. $20 and up. 7pm.
- LetsDoThisHouston All of the Lights Ugly Sweater Bike Ride at 3rd Ward Tours | Friday, December 23 – Put on your ugly sweater, hop on your bike and join with others for a ride through some of Houston’s must-see light displays. $11 and up. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- Performing Arts Houston presents Cirque Dreams Holidaze at Jones Hall | Friday, December 23 & Christmas Eve, Saturday, December 24 – For back-to-back days, the popular, dazzling family holiday spectacular brings a whimsical, Broadway-style musical to Jones Hall, infused with contemporary circus artistry. $39 and up. Showtimes vary.
- The Muppet Christmas Carol Movie Screening & Brunch at Wild Oats | Christmas Eve, Saturday, December 24 – Enjoy brunch while you watch the Muppets offer their take on the Dickens classic. The family-style meal has its own Muppets-inspired items, like Al-Gonzo’s Meat and Cheese Board and Miss Figgy Pudding. $50 for adults; $35 for children. Seatings at 11am and 3pm.
- Skating at the Ice at Discovery Green | Christmas Day, Sunday, December 25 – After you’ve unwrapped the presents, head to Downtown for some cold weather skating on the ice rink at Discovery Green. $17; including skate rental. 1pm to 7pm.
More Holiday Attractions & Things to Do
Many More Things to Do in Houston
- Top Concerts & Live Shows This Week – Check out our top picks for local and touring musicians, stars, and personalities hitting the stage in H-Town this week.
- Top Games & Sports Events This Week – Scope out professional and select college sports games, touring athletic competitions, local fitness and participatory events, and more.
- Top Things to Do For Kids & Families This Week – Zero in on the best option for families and the junior set around Greater Houston.
- Current Temporary Museum Exhibits & Art Installations in Greater Houston – Explore the newest installations and exhibits on short term display at museums and locations around Houston, with a focus on art, history, and science.
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more live entertainment, events, pop-ups, markets, and other options around Houston.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).