Enjoy the most magical week of the year with the whole family at the best kid-friendly things to do from Monday, December 18 to Christmas Day, Sunday, December 25, 2022.
This week, soak in all of the Christmas spirit at a gingerbread village, celebrate Chanukah around town, cozy up to watch Christmas classics, send the kids to a camp while you finish shopping, and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 12 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Week
- 10 Ongoing Holiday Attractions in Houston | Daily – Take a stroll through some of Greater Houston’s most bedazzling Christmas and holiday lighting displays at ticketed seasonal attractions across the city. Several displays in Downtown Houston are free; all others require a fee. Many are also open on Christmas Eve, Saturday, December 24 and Christmas Day, Sunday, December 25. Times vary.
- 4th Annual Hometown Holidays & Trail of Lights at Silver Sycamore | Monday, December 19 to Friday, December 23 – The fourth edition of this holiday celebration on the beautiful, old west grounds of Silver Sycamore in Pasadena keeps lighting up the night with its signature trail of holiday displays, appearances by Santa Claus, live performances, market shopping and more. $23; $15 for ages 3 to 12; free for ages 2 and under. Times vary.
- 13th Annual Chanukah Extravaganza Blockbuster Party at Evelyn’s Park | Monday, December 19 – The Bellaire Jewish Center kicks off their annual Chanukah Extravaganza with a party in Bellaire featuring a community menorah lighting, crafts, inflatable bounce houses and obstacle courses, cirque performers, all-you-can-eat Chinese food, a latke bar, DJ music, and more. Advance tickets are $15; $12 for children (no age specified); $49.99 max cost per family. Prices are higher on the day of event. 4:44pm.
- Elf Snickerdoodle’s Holiday Juggling Performance at the Woodlands Children’s Museum | Tuesday, December 20 – Elf Snickerdoodle visits the Woodlands Children’s Museum to give the kids a juggling performance. While you juggle the hustle and bustle, sit back and watch the kids smile from ear to ear at a performance just for them. $7.50 for ages 1 and up. Performances start at 10:30am through 1:30pm.
- Chanukah Celebration at CityCentre | Tuesday, December 20 | FREE – Join Rabbi Goldstein and gather for prayer, song, and to celebrate Chanukah with the community in Memorial on the third night of the Festival of Lights. 6pm to 7pm.
- BotaniKids Winter Day Camp at Houston Botanic Garden | Thursday, December 22 – Students in grades 1 through 5 can connect with nature, discover amazing plants and the creatures hiding amongst them, get some exercise, and finish the day with a fun garden craft at Houston Botanic Garden. $65. 9am to 2pm.
- Holiday Kids Paint at the Art Cellar of Houston | Thursday, December 22 – Enjoy a painting class for kiddos that features step-by-step instruction to help children create a fun acrylic painting and other artsy crafts at the West Houston DIY outpost. $45. 1pm to 4pm.
- 6th Position Dance Company at Children’s Museum Houston | Thursday, December 22 | FREE – The young students dance troupe offers a family-friendly holiday performance during the free admission hours at CMH. 6:30pm to 7pm.
- Santa at Saint Arnold Brewing Company | Thursday, December 22 & Friday, December 23 | No Cover – Head to the Beer Hall and take a free family photo with Santa, share your Christmas list and browse the Shop Local market for last-minute finds. 1pm to 4pm.
- Friday Night Live! at City Place Gingerbread Village | Friday, December 23 | FREE – The whole family will enjoy live piano music at Spring’s City Place destination, where they can also explore the free Giant Gingerbread Village—complete with gumdrops, lollipops and candy canes—located by the plaza. 6pm to 8pm.
- Santa’s Jolly Visit at Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center | Christmas Eve, Saturday, December 24 – Get your last minute wishes in to Jolly Ole Saint Nick before he sets out across the world. Bring your best behavior and a camera to snap a pic before you rush home to set the cookies out. $15 for ages 1 and up. 10am to 2pm.
- The Polar Express Movie Screening at First Colony Mall | Christmas Eve, Saturday, December 24 | FREE – Bring the family out to First Colony Mall to watch a Christmas Eve screening of The Polar Express, starring Tom Hanks. Hop aboard the Polar Express with a group of non-believers for a journey to the North Pole as they restore their hope in the magic of Christmas. 2pm.
More Holiday Attractions & Things to Do
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).