Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with our 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, December 16 to Sunday, December 18, 2022.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 15 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend: December 16 to 18, 2022
- Comedian Steve Byrne at Houston Improv | Thursday, December 15 to Saturday, December 17 – The established comedian known for making rounds at some of NYC’s most fabled comedy clubs, Steve Byrne brings his latest material to the Improv for four shows heading into the weekend. Tickets are sold by the table; $40 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Max’s Sweet 16 Party at Max’s Wine Dive | Friday, December 16 – Celebrate a special Sweet 16 with pregame brunch specials starting at 11am, followed by tastings at 6pm, and a spectacular birthday wine dinner to follow, featuring its award-winning fried chicken, deviled eggs, oyster nachos and private label wines. Dinner is $65. 11am to 10pm.
- All A’s Asian American Appreciation Comedy Show at Rec Room Arts | Friday, December 16 – Come out to the Downtown arts venue for a night of Asian American stand-up, featuring local comics like Peng Dang, Son Tran, Connor Carter, Victor Tran and more. $15 and up. 8pm.
- Serve! Legends Only Drag Show at Warehouse Live | Friday, December 16 – Head to EaDo for an eleganza extravaganza featuring RuPaul’s Drag Race royalty; the legendary Monét X Change, Symone, Willam, and Queen of the Universe’s, Aria B Cassadine. Joining in on the fun are Houston icons Blackberri, ONDI, Luna of the Lilies, Norvina DuBois, and Adriana LaRue. $55 and up. 8pm.
- Christmas Horror Market Pop-Up at Raven Tower | Saturday, December 17 – Check out local vendors dealing in handcrafted and vintage horror goods, snap a photo with Krampus, and meet horror celebrities from film franchises like The Return of the Living Dead, Creepshow, Halloween, and more. $5 in advance; free for ages 12 and under. Noon to 7pm.
- Willow’s Texas Craft BBQ Pop-Up at Urban South HTX | Saturday, December 17 | No Cover – The two-time winner of the Golden Cleaver Award at the Butcher’s Ball Festival will set up shop, dishing out that delicious ‘que at the Arts District brewery. Menu prices vary. 1pm ’til sold out.
- HoliDaze Market at Railway Heights Market | Saturday, December 17 | No Cover – Shop from more than 40 vendors, vibe to sounds from DJ Konen, and take in live dancing and freestyle performances, great food and drinks at this last-call, green-friendly holiday market at Railway Heights. No cover, but other ticket levels with goodies bags start at $25. 4pm to 9pm.
- The Tejano Jingle Jam at Arena Theatre | Saturday, December 17 – Gather for a holiday evening concert that celebrates Tejano culture with performances by Solido, Jay Perez, La Sombra de Tony Guerrero and Stefani Montiel, with appearances by Frankie J and Lisa Marie Golden. $30 and up. 8pm.
- Numbers Christmas Party at Numbers Nightclub | Saturday, December 17 – Head to the iconic Montrose nightclub for the annual Christmas party, featuring a gigantic prize giveaway headlines by a Samsung 65″ 4K TV, a Classic Numbers Night Lifetime Pass, $500 in El Tiempo gift cards, and more. Cover charge at the door. 9pm to 2am.
- TerrorFest: A Christmas Horror Convention at the Lone Star Convention & Expo Center | Saturday, December 17 & Sunday, December 18 – Conroe welcomes its first-ever horror convention, featuring celebrity signings, a costume contest, escape rooms, a haunted house, local vendors and more. $15 and up. Times vary.
- 2022 World Cup Final Watch Party at Social Beer Garden | Sunday, December 18 | No Cover – After a full month of more than 60 games, the World Cup Final arrives at one of Houston’s headquarters for the Beautiful Game. Take to the Midtown’s indoor and outdoor spaces for the final match on the big screen and on 20 TVs throughout, plus enjoy drink specials and more festivities. 9am.
- Super Happy Sunday Fundays at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. | Sunday, December 18 | No Cover – Shop at this monthly pop culture event, just in time for the holidays, which features vintage toy and art vendors, craft brews, movie screenings, food trucks and more. 11am to 4pm.
- Houston Texans vs. Kansas City Chiefs at NRG Stadium | Sunday, December 18 – One of the top teams of the NFL pay a visit to the Texans in Houston’s second-to-last home game of the season. $82 and up, but you may find cheaper or better seats on the online ticket resale market. Noon.
- Bellaire Chanukah Festival at Bellaire Town Square | Sunday, December 18 – Crafts and activities highlight this celebration, which also includes a delicious dairy dinner buffet, the Pardes Rock Band, face painting, inflatables, latkes and doughnuts. $10; $8 for children (no age specified). 4pm.
- Chanukah in the Snow in Uptown | Sunday, December 18 | FREE – Light up the Post Oak menorah with 10,000 pounds of snow awaiting, plus enjoy Chanukah crafts, doughnuts, latkes, drinks, and a dreidel prize wheel. 4:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).