Make the most of your week with our top festivals, events, and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, December 12 to Sunday, December 18, 2022.
We’ve whittled down all the happenings in H-Town to our 15 picks for the week, but you can always check out the extended calendar for more things to do in Houston.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, December 12 to Sunday, December 18, 2022.
Top 15 Festivals, Events & Things to Do This Week in Houston
- 4th Annual Hometown Holidays & Trail of Lights at Silver Sycamore | Daily – The fourth edition of this holiday celebration on the beautiful, old west grounds of Silver Sycamore in Pasadena keeps lighting up the night with its signature trail of holiday displays, appearances by Santa Claus, live performances, market shopping and more. $23; $15 for ages 3 to 12; free for ages 2 and under. Times vary.
- Houston Rockets vs. Phoenix Suns at Toyota Center | Tuesday, December 13 – Devin Booker, ex-Rocket Chris Paul and the Phoenix Suns make an appearance at center court in Downtown. $20 and up. 7pm.
- Superspectra Opening Reception at Laura Rathe Fine Art | Thursday, December 15 | FREE – The fine arts gallery near Uptown presents its final exhibition of the year, featuring new and original works from more than 30 artists that each explore color, material and style in their own ways for an immersive exhibiting experience. Light refreshments will be provided and a number of the artists will be in attendance. On display through Thursday, January 12, 2023. 6pm to 9pm.
- Shaft Movie Screening at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | Thursday, December 15 – MFAH pulls a rare 35mm print of the iconic ’70s film starring Richard Roundtree and directed by Gordon Parks. Houston ethnomusicologist and DJ, Flash Gordon Parks, will introduce the film and participate in a post-screening discussion with MFAH’s Jazz on Film guest programmer, Peter Lucas. $9. 7pm.
- Comedian Steve Byrne at Houston Improv | Thursday, December 15 to Saturday, December 17 – The established comedian known for making rounds at some of NYC’s most fabled comedy clubs, Steve Byrne brings his latest material to the Improv for four shows heading into the weekend. Tickets are sold by the table; $40 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- All A’s Asian American Appreciation Comedy Show at Rec Room Arts | Friday, December 16 – Come out to the Downtown arts venue for a night of Asian American stand-up, featuring local comics like Peng Dang, Son Tran, Connor Carter, Victor Tran and more. $15 and up. 8pm.
- Serve! Legends Only Drag Show at Warehouse Live | Friday, December 16 – Head to EaDo for an eleganza extravaganza featuring RuPaul’s Drag Race royalty; the legendary Monét X Change, Symone, Willam, and Queen of the Universe’s, Aria B Cassadine. Joining in on the fun are Houston icons Blackberri, ONDI, Luna of the Lilies, Norvina DuBois, and Adriana LaRue. $55 and up. 8pm.
- Christmas Horror Market Pop-Up at Raven Tower | Saturday, December 17 – Check out local vendors dealing in handcrafted and vintage horror goods, snap a photo with Krampus, and meet horror celebrities from film franchises like The Return of the Living Dead, Creepshow, Halloween, and more. $5 in advance; free for ages 12 and under. Noon to 7pm.
- Willow’s Texas Craft BBQ Pop-Up at Urban South HTX | Saturday, December 17 | No Cover – The two-time winner of the Golden Cleaver Award at the Butcher’s Ball Festival will set up shop, dishing out that delicious ‘que at the Arts District brewery. Menu prices vary. 1pm ’til sold out.
- The Tejano Jingle Jam at Arena Theatre | Saturday, December 17 – Gather for a holiday evening concert that celebrates Tejano culture with performances by Solido, Jay Perez, La Sombra de Tony Guerrero and Stefani Montiel, with appearances by Frankie J and Lisa Marie Golden. $30 and up. 8pm.
- Numbers Christmas Party at Numbers Nightclub | Saturday, December 17 – Head to the iconic Montrose nightclub for the annual Christmas party, featuring a gigantic prize giveaway headlines by a Samsung 65″ 4K TV, a Classic Numbers Night Lifetime Pass, $500 in El Tiempo gift cards, and more. Cover charge at the door. 9pm to 2am.
- 2022 World Cup Final Watch Party at Social Beer Garden | Sunday, December 18 | No Cover – After a full month of more than 60 games, the World Cup Final arrives at one of Houston’s headquarters for the Beautiful Game. Take to the Midtown’s indoor and outdoor spaces for the final match on the big screen and on 20 TVs throughout, plus enjoy drink specials and more festivities. 9am.
- Super Happy Sunday Fundays at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. | Sunday, December 18 | No Cover – Shop at this monthly pop culture event, just in time for the holidays, which features vintage toy and art vendors, craft brews, movie screenings, food trucks and more. 11am to 4pm.
- Houston Texans vs. Kansas City Chiefs at NRG Stadium | Sunday, December 18 – One of the top teams of the NFL pay a visit to the Texans in Houston’s second-to-last home game of the season. $82 and up, but you may find cheaper or better seats on the online ticket resale market. Noon.
- Chanukah in the Snow in Uptown | Sunday, December 18 | FREE – Light up the Post Oak menorah with 10,000 pounds of snow awaiting, plus enjoy Chanukah crafts, doughnuts, latkes, drinks, and a dreidel prize wheel. 4:30pm.
More Holiday Attractions & Things to Do
Many More Things to Do in Houston
- Top Concerts & Live Shows This Week – Check out our top picks for local and touring musicians, stars, and personalities hitting the stage in H-Town this week.
- Top Games & Sports Events This Week – Scope out professional and select college sports games, touring athletic competitions, local fitness and participatory events, and more.
- Top Things to Do For Kids & Families This Week – Zero in on the best option for families and the junior set around Greater Houston.
- Current Temporary Museum Exhibits & Art Installations in Greater Houston – Explore the newest installations and exhibits on short term display at museums and locations around Houston, with a focus on art, history, and science.
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more live entertainment, events, pop-ups, markets, and other options around Houston.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).