Immerse yourself and your loved ones in the spirit of the season at the Giant Gingerbread Village—complete with a healthy dollop of pop-up concerts, celebrations, shows, and events on the side—at City Place in Spring, happening now through Sunday, January 7, 2023.
Since debuting three years ago, the Giant Gingerbread Village has quickly become a holiday tradition for thousands of greater Houston families and visitors.
Upon arrival to the free holiday attraction, guests travel down a gumdrop, lollipop and candy-cane-lined path—guarded by two giant gingerbread men, naturally—to a raised clearing featuring cookie trees, a 16-foot-high gingerbread house, and 12-foot windmill.
The free, Insta-worthy attraction will be on display through the first week of January, along with the 35-foot glimmering Christmas tree rising from City Place Park’s main pond.
And to complement the fun and festive sights, City Place Plaza and Park will be downright packed with free entertainment in the weeks leading up to Christmas.
The live events will wrap up after Friday, December 23, 2022, while the Gingerbread Village will remain open daily through Sunday, January 7, 2023. Learn more about the Giant Gingerbread Village, upcoming pop-up events, and City Place.
Holiday Entertainment & Events at the Giant Gingerbread Village
In addition to the charming village and glimmering Christmas tree, City Place will be presenting free holiday shows, activities, and more through Friday, December 23, 2022.
Signature Holiday Events
- Dueling Pianos on the Plaza | Saturday, December 10, 2022 | FREE – Soak in the sounds of the season as the five-piece band JoiLux Dueling Pianos takes over the lower plaza for an evening concert. 7pm.
- Children’s Storytime with Santa | Friday, December 16, 2022 | FREE – Jolly old Saint Nick himself leads kids in a story session to kick off the evening’s festive family events. 5:30pm.
- Holiday Karaoke & Sing Alongs | Friday, December 16, 2022 | FREE – Sign up and take to the mic, or simply kick back and enjoy the spectacle, as folks take to the stage for their own renditions of Christmas carols and holiday classics. 6pm to 8pm.
- Rudolph Ride | Saturday, December 17, 2022 | FREE – Starting at Star Cinema Grill, the City Place Bike Club leads a leisurely, holiday-inspired ride through City Place’s beautiful nature trails guided by the red-nosed reindeer. 10:30am
- Frozen Family Movie Night & Sing Along | Saturday, December 17, 2022 | FREE – Let it go and catch a screening the Disney’s original 2013 film Frozen and feel free to sing along. 6:30pm.
Holiday Event Series
- Friday Night Live! Piano Concerts | Friday, December 9 & Friday, December 23, 2022 | FREE – Kick back and enjoy a lively piano concert in the plaza. 6pm to 8pm.
- Holiday Train Rides | Every Thursday & Saturday through Saturday, December 22, 2022 | FREE – Kids can hop aboard the free train and chug along around City Place Park’s main pond and Christmas tree, the Gingerbread Village, and more. Train rides are also available at the Sunday Strolls. 4pm to 7pm.
- Holiday Sunday Strolls | Every Sunday through Sunday, December 18, 2022 | FREE – Enjoy a holiday edition of City Place’s popular nature strolls, and enjoy live music, train rides, and more. 5pm to 7pm.
- Family Portraits with Philip Schrei Photography | Tuesday, December 13 & Tuesday, December 20, 2022 – Sign up in advance to reserve a 30-minute family and photo shoot with City Place’s Christmas tree and holiday decor as your backdrop. $50 per session.
About City Place Plaza
Situated at the heart of City Place, City Place Plaza is the backdrop for more than 300 community events every year—ranging from fitness to education to kick-your-sandals-off concerts.
The Plaza’s sweet mix of sunny and shady spots is ideal for meetups with friends and co-workers over lunch, fresh-air ping pong, and more.
Giant Gingerbread Village at City Place in Spring
- Dates: Through Sunday, January 7, 2023
- Times: Daily from 7am to 11pm. Special pop-up entertainment and event times vary by day. Explore upcoming pop-up events.
- Location: City Place, 1250 Lake Plaza Drive, Spring, TX 77389
- Admission: Free. Learn more about the Giant Gingerbread Village, upcoming pop-up events, and City Place.
This article has been sponsored by the event organizer. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Learn more about promoting your event or business.