Celebrate the Jewish holiday of Chanukah at celebrations and events around Greater Houston from Tuesday, December 13 through Wednesday, December 21, 2022.
Load up on chocolate gelt (coins), latkes, and other holiday favorites while lighting the menorah and enjoying music, live entertainment, crafts, and other activities during this Chanukah 2022 in Houston.
This year, Hanukkah starts on Sunday, December 18 and concludes on Monday, December 26, 2022. In between, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to enjoy the Festival of Lights throughout the month of December.
2022 Chanukah Events in Greater Houston
- Girls Night Out at the Shul of Bellaire | Tuesday, December 13 – The Jewish Women’s Circle of Bellaire offers a night to enjoy a martini and make your own granite menorah to celebrate the season. This is the second of 7 programs designed to help women achieve self-mastery. $25. 7pm.
- Storybook Theatre presents I Have a Little Dreidel at the Woodlands Children’s Museum | Friday, December 16 – The story by Maxie Baum comes alive in this presentation, based on the classic Hanukkah song of the same name that highlights the family celebrations and traditions of the holiday. $7.50 for ages 1 and up. 11am.
- Holiday Story Time at Brazos Bookstore | Saturday, December 17 | No Cover – Brazos’ children’s specialist will read two Hanukkah-themed books; The Hanukkah Hamster by Michelle Markel and The Eight Kings of Hanukkah by Leslie Kimmelman. Free to attend, and both titles will be available to purchase. 10:30am.
- Bellaire Chanukah Festival at Bellaire Town Square | Sunday, December 18 – Crafts and activities highlight this celebration, which also includes a delicious dairy dinner buffet, the Pardes Rock Band, face painting, inflatables, latkes and doughnuts. $10; $8 for children (no age specified). 4pm.
- Giant Menorah Lighting at Sugar Land Town Square | Sunday, December 18 | FREE – Fun is to be had for the whole family with kids’ craft activities, bounce houses, food, music, dancing and more, capped off with the lighting of a giant menorah. 4pm to 6pm.
- Chanukah in the Snow in Uptown | Sunday, December 18 | FREE – Light up the Post Oak menorah with 10,000 pounds of snow awaiting, plus enjoy Chanukah crafts, doughnuts, latkes, drinks, and a dreidel prize wheel. 4:30pm.
- Chanukah Celebration & Pop-Up Shop at Cypress Center for Jewish Life | Sunday, December 18 | FREE – Expect a spectacular fire show, latkes and doughnuts, the lighting of a nine-foot menorah, a holiday shop for all your gifting needs, and more at this celebration in Cypress. 4:30pm to 5:30pm.
- Grand Menorah Lighting at Market Street | Sunday, December 18 | FREE – The Woodlands marks the first night of Hanukkah with a lighting of a 9-foot menorah, arts and crafts, a concert by Israeli performer Yoel Sharabi, and more family fun. 4:30pm to 6:30pm.
- 27th Annual Menorah Lighting at Houston City Hall | Sunday, December 18 | FREE – The city marks the first night of the Festival of Lights with this celebration that includes dreidels, Chanukah gelt and gifts for children, and more. Chabad Outreach of Houston also returns with the 20th Annual Menorah Parade, which heads from Meyerland to City Hall for the menorah lighting. 5:15pm to 7pm.
- Chabad of the Bay Area presents ChanukahFest at Lago Mar | Monday, December 19 | FREE – The Crystal Lagoon resort in Texas City hosts this celebration that includes a cocktail bar, a kosher hot dog stand, traditional hot latkes and chocalate gelt, live music and and a menorah lighting on the second night of Hanukkah. 6pm.
- Chabad Outreach of Houston presents Hoops & Hanukkah at Toyota Center | Monday, December 19 – Only 200 tickets will be sold to this special event, where you can catch the Rockets taking on the San Antonio Spurs in a VIP suite, with dinner and drinks available for purchase. Stick around after for a post-game free throw on the court. $60. 7pm.
- Katy Chanukah Concert & Menorah Lighting at World Theater in Katy | Monday, December 19 | FREE – Bring the family to watch a live performance by Yoel Sharabi and see the lighting of the menorah on the second night of Chanukah. 6pm.
- 13th Annual Chanukah Extravaganza Blockbuster Party at Evelyn’s Park | Tuesday, December 20 – The Bellaire Jewish Center kicks off their 13th annual Chanukah Extravaganza with a party at Evelyn’s Park featuring a community menorah lighting, crafts, inflatable bounce houses and obstacle courses, cirque performers, all-you-can-eat Chinese food, a latke bar, DJ music, and more. Advance tickets are $15; $12 for children (no age specified); $49.99 max cost per family. 4:44pm.
- Giant Menorah Lighting at CityCentre | Tuesday, December 20 | FREE – Join the Chabad of West Houston for a menorah lighting on the third night of Chanukah, plus enjoy fresh donuts, kids’ crafts and live entertainment. 6pm.
- Family Menorah Lighting at Godwin Park | Wednesday, December 21 | FREE – In the Meyerland area, this family-friendly event offers Chanukah crafts, face painting, jelly doughnuts, book reading and more, to mark the fourth night of Chanukah. 4pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).