Make the most of your week with our top festivals, events, and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, December 5 to Sunday, December 11, 2022.
We’ve whittled down all the happenings in H-Town to our 15 picks for the week, but you can always check out the extended calendar for more things to do in Houston.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, December 5 to Sunday, December 11, 2022.
Top 15 Festivals, Events & Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Harry Potter: A Yule Ball Celebration at Paraiso Maravilla | Daily – Immerse yourself in a whimsical wintertime ball honoring the iconic Triwizard tradition, complete with amazing performances, photo opps, themed food and drink to purchase, dancing, and more. Costumes and/or cocktail attire encouraged. Times vary.
- ASID Texas Gulf Coast Show House 2022 in West University | Daily – The American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) Texas Gulf Coast presents a chance to tour its stunning 2022 Show House by Sugar Creek Homes in Houston’s West University neighborhood. The house showcases the work of 14 of Houston’s top interior designers, all of whom are ASID members with space designed by select interior design students. $35; $15 for ages 12 and under. 10am to 5pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Philadelphia 76ers at Toyota Center | Monday, December 5 – Philly lands in H-Town, bringing Joel Embiid and a potential appearance by James Harden, who’s slated to return from injury in a homecoming game. $20 and up. 7pm.
- Houston Latin Philharmonic presents Latin Christmas at Hobby Center | Wednesday, December 7 – Led by maestro Glenn Garrido, the Houston Latin American Philharmonic returns for their traditional concert of seasonal works from the world of Latin American music. This year, the Phil will be joined by special guest artists Diveana and Robert Gonzalez, known as the Queen and El Gallito. $30 and up. 7:30pm.
- Catastrophic Theatre presents They Do Not Move at MATCH | Thursday, December 8 to Saturday, December 10 | Final Weekend – Imagine a future where American democracy is vanquished and monarchist forces roam the land seeking out waifs and strays. Descending into the absurd, this play features a beauty pageant, a sitcom, and is full of references to horror movies, Texas law and other pop culture nods. Tickets are pay-what-you-can. Times vary.
- The French Farm Open Warehouse Sale in the Heights | Friday, December 9 & Saturday, December 10 | No Cover – The popular online retailer opens its doors in the Heights for this annual sale of European gourmet food and housewares. Look for olive oils, honey, jams and more from France, Italy, Portugal and Spain, to name a few. 10am to 5pm.
- Candlelight Christmas at Washington on the Brazos | Friday, December 9 & Saturday, December 10 – Costumed interpreters at the historic site northwest of Houston offer guests insight on the roots of favorite holiday traditions. There’s musket firing, music, dancing and more at this family-friendly celebration. $10; $5 for ages 6 to 18. 4:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Tomball German Festival Christmas Market at Tomball Depot | Friday, December 9 to Sunday, December 11 | No Cover – Do as the Germans do and celebrate Christmas with plenty of food, beer, and wine, as well as live music on three stages, a petting zoo, and a holiday market featuring more than 150 vendors with antiques, arts and crafts, souvenirs, and more. Times vary.
- 3rd Annual Winter Festival at Urban Harvest Farmers Market | Saturday, December 10 | FREE – Houston’s popular Saturday morning farmers market offers a series of holiday-themed goods, music and more. Come out and support local growers and producers and get into the holiday mood. 8am to noon; Santa Claus and complimentary cookie-decorating from 9am to 11am.
- Houston Plant Market at Houston Botanic Garden | Saturday, December 10 – Shop for local plants, crafts and art, and grab a bite from food vendors. There are also workshops, yoga and more at the South Houston gardens. $15. 10am to 3pm.
- Human Rights Day at Holocaust Museum Houston | Saturday, December 10 | FREE – In honor of the global Human Rights Day, HMH opens their doors to the public with a day of programming, including arts and crafts, bilingual story times, a Survivor Talk with Dr. Anna Steinberger, a children’s magic show, and more. Plus, stop by from 10am to 1pm and you can see and take a photo with the Astros’ World Series trophy. Free with ticket registration. 10am to 5pm.
- College Basketball: Houston Cougars vs. Alabama Crimson Tide at Fertitta Center | Saturday, December 10 – Ranked nationally at No. 1, the Coogs will face their stiffest test of the season thus far when the Top 15 Alabama rolls through campus. Tickets are sold out at the venue, but you may find hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 2pm.
- Lights in the Heights 2022 in Woodlands Heights | Saturday, December 10 | FREE – Stroll through the beautifully decorated streets of Woodlands Heights during one of Houston’s biggest holiday events, Lights in the Heights. Every year, the neighborhood streets are closed off, allowing pedestrians to roam freely as they admire the gorgeous homes, which host private parties that sometimes feature musical performances on the porch. After admiring the festive scenery, make your way to area bars and restaurants for tons of after-party fun. 6pm to 9pm.
- 9th Annual Islamic Arts Festival at Masjid Al-Salam | Saturday, December 10 & Sunday, December 11 | FREE – The two-day festival returns to Northwest Houston, bringing together artists and their work from across the nation, as well as offering a weekend of interactive art sessions, Islamic art and culture programs, traditional cuisines, live demonstrations and much more. 10:30am to 5pm.
- Ugly Sweater Parties at True Anomaly Brewing & The Rustic | Saturday, December 10 & Sunday, December 11 | No Cover – It’s that time of the year to don your best worst sweater and head out on the town. This weekend, celebrations take place at True Anomaly’s annual Tacky Sweater Christmas Party, and both locations of the Rustic host concerts and contests for best ugly sweater. Times vary.
More Holiday Attractions & Things to Do
Many More Things to Do in Houston
- Top Concerts & Live Shows This Week – Check out our top picks for local and touring musicians, stars, and personalities hitting the stage in H-Town this week.
- Top Games & Sports Events This Week – Scope out professional and select college sports games, touring athletic competitions, local fitness and participatory events, and more.
- Top Things to Do For Kids & Families This Week – Zero in on the best option for families and the junior set around Greater Houston.
- Current Temporary Museum Exhibits & Art Installations in Greater Houston – Explore the newest installations and exhibits on short term display at museums and locations around Houston, with a focus on art, history, and science.
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more live entertainment, events, pop-ups, markets, and other options around Houston.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).