Updated: Monday, November 21, 2022 at 11:05am.
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide from Monday, November 21 to Sunday, November 27, 2022.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston This Week: November 21 to 27, 2022
- World Cup Headquarters at Social Beer Garden HTX | Daily | No Cover – The Midtown beer garden hosts every game of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar–including those early eye-openers at 4am. Games are shown in English and Spanish through 20 indoor TVs and a large outdoor screen. Enjoy drink specials, coffee and breakfast for the early games, wifi, and more. Kids and pets are welcome. 4am to 3pm.
- 2022 Galaxy Lights at Space Center Houston | Daily (except Thanksgiving Day) – Galaxy Lights returns this year with a stellar spectacle that twinkles throughout the campus, allowing visitors to step through space-themed light installations, take in high-tech experiences, and walk among flown spacecraft in a one-of-a-kind holiday event that can only be found in Space City. Closed on Thanksgiving Day; on view through New Year’s Day, Sunday, January 1, 2023. $19.95 and up; free for ages 3 and under. Combo tickets that offer admission to the Space Center exhibits are also available. 6pm to 10pm.
- 62nd Annual AutoRama at George R. Brown Convention Center | Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 24 to Sunday, November 27 – Kicking off on Thanksgiving, the AutoRama offers four days of automotive spectacle with showcases of beautiful, customized muscle cars, lowriders, hot rods and other chromed-out vehicles. $23; $4.99 for ages 6 to 12; free for ages 5 and under. Times vary.
- The Riot Comedy Show presents Fumi Abe at Rudyard’s Pub | Friday, November 25 & Saturday, November 26 – On back-to-back nights at the upstairs stage, Fumi Abe visits to share his latest material, coming off his work as a writer for The Late Late Show with James Corden and as podcast host for Asian Not Asian. $17 and up. Times vary.
- We So Houston Art Show at Saint Arnold Brewing Company | Friday, November 25 to Sunday, November 27 | No Cover – Held at the Saint A beer hall throughout the weekend, Houstonians can learn about the city’s rich history and culture through art, food and local beer. Times vary.
- Houston Symphony presents Disney’s Fantasia at Jones Hall | Friday, November 25 to Sunday, November 27 – Bring the entire family and immerse yourselves in this incredibly special event wherein the Houston Symphony will be playing music from one of Disney’s most epic and timeless masterpieces as the larger-than-life film is played on the big screen. $29 and up. Times vary.
Monday, November 21, 2022
- Bread & Puppet Theater: Puppetry in Performance Workshop at The Orange Show – Come experience diverse puppetry and learn all about the different performance styles and methods that are such important tools to utilize when telling stories. $20. 2pm to 5pm.
- Pet Nights with Santa at First Colony Mall – Don’t forget about the fur children this holiday season and make sure they get their shot at meeting Santa before it’s too late. Reservations are required. 4pm to 7pm.
- Claudio Simonetti’s Goblin performs Suspiria at Warehouse Live – Horror lovers rejoice as the man, myth, and legendary horror film soundtrack composer, Claudio Simonetti, and his critically-acclaimed band Goblin are performing the score to the cult classic, Suspiria. $45 and up. 8pm.
Tuesday, November 22, 2022
- Trivia & Steak Night at Front Porch Pub | No Cover – Flex the ol’ brain bone and do some trivia while you enjoy a 16-oz. steak and loaded baked potato for $20. No cover for trivia. 6:30pm.
- Al Staehely Band in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Don’t miss this special set from the only rock and roller who can say that they’ve provided legal representation for the Texas legend himself, Stevie Ray Vaughn. $30 and up. 7pm.
- Salsa y Bachata Tuesdays at Five Central | No Cover – In the River Oaks area, Five Central hosts its weekly night of Latin dancing, live music, $2 tacos and tequila. Not confident in your moves? Stop by early for free dance lessons with guest instructors. 7:30pm to 11:30pm
- The Wild HTX presents Comedy Open Mic at How to Survive on Land & Sea | FREE – The bar on Harrisburg Blvd in East End hosts a weekly open mic comedy night from the Wild HTX, perfect for date night or a night out with friends. 8pm.
- Techno Tuesdays at Darwin’s Pub | No Cover – Get moving early in the week when Darwin’s Pub, just blocks from Washington Ave, hosts a weekly Techno Tuesday night, featuring Proper Savage on the decks, with $5 Texas liquors and $3 Lone Stars all night. 10pm to 1am.
Wednesday, November 23, 2022
- Drinksgiving at Social Beer Garden | No Cover – The indoor/outdoor Midtown beer garden hosts a pre-Thanksgiving bash with live DJs and drink specials all night. 1pm to 2am.
- Game Night at Pur Noire Urban Wineries | No Cover – The Downtown winery hosts their weekly game night, with Jenga, card games, wine trivia and more for you and your friends and colleagues. Wine tastings are available for purchase. 5pm to 9pm.
- Astralace in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – H-town’s own Astralace are supplying the indie pop vibes in Northside on Thanksgiving Eve. Blossom Aloe and Goosechase will support. $10. 7pm.
- Stages presents Houston for the Holidays with DeQuina Moore at the Gordy – The talented Houstonian tells personal stories about growing up in the city and regales the audience with beautiful holiday hits. $30 and up. 8pm.
- Karaoke Night at Rudyard’s Pub | No Cover – Flex those pipes and maybe show off a little after you grab a drink at Rudz during the weekly Karaoke Night. 9pm to 2am.
- Chemical Surf in Concert at Stereo Live – The Brazilian brothers who make up the EDM duo are bringing a night full of energy, music, and dancing to Stereo Live when they pop by for a DJ set. $5 and up. 10pm to 2am.
- Trapsgiving at Rise Rooftop – DJ Phatboi, Wunderboi, and DJ Loopy are throwing a Thanksgiving Eve party at Rise Rooftop. Free for ages 21+; $20 for ages 18 to 20. 10pm to 2am.
Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 24, 2022
- World Cup Watch Parties at William Price Distilling Company | No Cover – Catch all the World Cup action on Thanksgiving at the Garden Oaks distillery. Uruguay faces South Korea at 7am to kick things off, followed by Portugal vs. Ghana at 10am, and Brazil vs. Serbia at 1pm. All games screening on the 20-foot screen, with food and drinks available all day. 7am to 3pm.
- Thanksgiving at Rosalie Italian Soul at C. Baldwin Hotel – The Mid Modern-infused Italian spot inside a boutique hotel in Downtown is serving multiple courses on Thanksgiving, featuring items like roasted pumpkin soup, slow-roasted turkey with stuffing, honeynut squash, and lasagna with layers of pesto, ricotta, red sauce and parmesan. Top it off with your choice of dessert classics like apple, pecan or pumpkin pie. $65. 11am to 5pm.
- Thanksgiving at Brennan’s of Houston – The longtime Midtown staple hosts their annual three-course Thanksgiving Day meal with Creole and holiday classics. $84; $30 for children (no age specified). 11am to 7pm.
- Thanksgiving at Le Jardinier at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston – The fine-dining restaurant housed within the Kinder Building on the MFAH campus serves up a three-course Thanksgiving feast with an amuse bouche, plus sides for the table. Dine on seasonal items like citrus cured ora king salmon with beets and yuzu, Heritage turkey ballotine with confit and sides like fried Brussels, mushroom stuffing and mashed potatoes. $165. Noon to 7pm.
- 34th Annual Uptown Holiday Lighting on Post Oak Boulevard | FREE – The annual Uptown Holiday Lighting kicks off the holiday season with the illumination of Uptown’s 300 custom, 20-foot tall holiday trees along Post Oak Boulevard with live fireworks, holiday shopping, street entertainment, and appearance by Santa Claus, and more. 4pm to 7pm.
- The Riot Comedy Club presents Live Laugh Love on Thanksgiving at Rudyard’s Pub – Local comic talent and headliners join forces to share heartbreak stories and perhaps give you a little something to feel thankful for. $15 and up. 7pm and 9pm.
- Beso Thursday at Clé Day & Night | No Cover – Dance off the feast with DJ David Cruz as he spins a wild mix of Latin music, house, and hip-hop to have you moving all night long. 10pm to 2am.
Friday, November 25, 2022
- Cistern Illuminated Opening Day at Buffalo Bayou Park Cistern – The latest installation at the Cistern offers a winter display, designed by local artist and engineer Kelly O’Brien and featuring undulating lights that provide a unique perspective on one of Houston’s “underground” gems. $10. 11am to 7pm.
- Black Friday Bottle Release at Urban South HTX | No Cover – The Arts District brewery release three barrel-aged beers, just in time for stout season, along with beer specials and a screening of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 at 7pm. 11am to 10pm.
- Black Friday Big Beer Blowout at Saint Arnold Brewing Company | No Cover – Houston’s flagship brewery heads to the cellar and digs out very limited batches and releases as part of their Black Friday special. Bottles can be had for to-go or to-stay, and you can sip on some special draft beers, as well. 11am to 11pm.
- World Cup Watch Party: England vs USA at Social Beer Garden – Enjoy a marquee matchup of La Copa Mundial in Midtown when Social Beer Garden broadcasts the match with Sports Radio 610 live, plus enjoy DJs, free prizes and all the World Cup action. Noon to 5pm.
- Holiday Cocktail Making Class at Blossom Hotel Houston – Learn to mix up holiday cheer, in the form of egg nog, Brandy Alexander, and a holiday punch in a one-hour class at the Museum District boutique hotel, $30. 2pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Atlanta Hawks at Toyota Center – A young Rockets team hopes to clip a few wings when they welcome ex-Rocket Clint Capela and the Atlanta Hawks back to Clutch City. $20 and up. 7pm.
- Uncle Tino, with A More Perfect Union and Moe Lerma in Concert at Axelrad – The upstairs stage at Axelrad hosts local alt hip-hop artist, Uncle Tino, joined by A More Perfect Union and Moe Lerma. $15. 7pm.
- Diva Royal Drag Queen Show at Henke & Pillot – Catch some of the finest Queens and celebrity impersonators at the nightlife spot that sits across from Market Square Park in Downtown Houston. $20 and up. 7pm.
- Comedian Zahid Dewji Farewell Show at the Secret Group – A founding member of the Secret Group and a stand-up comic who has toured and opened for comedians Whitney Cummings, Mo Amer and Dusty Slay, Zahid Dewji performs a farewell show in his goodbye to Houston. A roast of the comic will follow at 9pm. $10. 7pm.
- Carousel Club Burlesque at House of Blues – Marvel at a variety of exciting and glamorous performances by the Texas-based Carousel Club Burlesque. $25 and up. 7pm.
- Deadmau5 in Concert at 713 Music Hall – Get ready ’cause the 713 is about to become a prog house bonanza as the infamous Deadmau5 brings Nero and Lamorn through on his We Are Friends Tour. $44 and up. 9pm.
- Classic Numbers Black Celebration at Numbers Nightclub – The Montrose mainstay hosts its regular Classic Numbers night but with a lot more music by Depeche Mode, along with prize giveaways all night and koozies for the first 500 people. Cover charge at the door. 9pm to 2am.
Saturday, November 26, 2022
- 7th Year Anniversary Celebration at SpindleTap Brewery | No Cover – The North Houston brewery hosts an all-day family-friendly celebration that includes several new beer releases, including a new barrel-aged stout and triple IPA, plus a live DJ, food trucks, and more. No cover, but party packages, which include an anniversary 4-pack and commemorative glass, are $25 and up. 11am to 10pm.
- 12 Years, No One Cares Anniversary Bash at No Label Brewing Co. | No Cover – Celebrate a dozen years of craft brewing at the Katy brewery’s birthday bash that includes live music, food trucks, beer releases, an appearance by Santa, and more. Noon to 11pm.
- BLCK Market Pop-Up: Small Business Saturday at East River | FREE – Get a head start on your holiday shopping at BLCK Market’s Small Business Saturday edition, which provides an assortment of Black-owned, local businesses, vendors and creators to shop from. 1pm to 5pm.
- Letsdothishouston: Night Light Bike Ride to Post Houston – Hit the streets of Houston on two wheels at this night light ride that starts in Third Ward and ends at Post Houston in Downtown. Stick around for food, drinks and mingling. $11; $28.50 including a bike rental. 4:30pm to 8pm.
- College Football: Houston Cougars vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane at TDECU Stadium – It’s Senior Day and Fan Appreciation Day at TDECU Stadium, so be there to support the Coogs football team and help them finish the season strong. $15 and up. Time TBA.
- College Basketball: Houston Cougars vs. Kent State at Fertitta Center – Be sure to add your voice in support of the Coogs when the Fertitta Center hosts Kent State. $15 and up, but you may find hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Time TBA.
- Holiday Tree Lighting & ArtWalk in Downtown Galveston | FREE – Head to Saengerfest Park in Galveston’s Strand district for the annual lighting of the Christmas tree, plus see Santa and participate in the Galveston Art Center’s ArtWalk where you can tour local galleries and enjoy live entertainment throughout Downtown. 6pm to 8pm.
- Flea by Night with DJ Felipe Galvan at Discovery Green | FREE – Head to the Downtown green space for another edition of their evening market, and enjoy cumbia, ska and rockabilly tunes from DJ Felipe Galvan, of Houston’s own Los Skarnales. 6pm to 10pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder at Toyota Center – Our neighbors to the north, OKC are headed Downtown to face off with the Rockets. $20 and up. 7pm.
- The Band of Heathens at the Heights Theater – The stalwarts of the Austin rock and roll scene are coming to town touting their newest release, Remote Transmissions Vol. 1, an album that came into existence after first beginning as a weekly pandemic project. $26 and up. 8pm.
- She Wants Revenge with Twin Tribes at White Oak Music Hall – Two years after the darkwave goth rock band announced their disbandment, they’ve reappeared with plans to retake the rock and roll scene and will be stopping in Houston on their Disappear tour. $20 and up. 8pm.
- Jessi Uribe & Joss Favela in Concert at House of Blues – Colombian artist Jessi Uribe joins forces with Joss Favela from Sinaloa for the Tequila & Guaro Tour, stopping by Downtown’s House of Blues. $69 and up. 8pm.
- The Gatlin Brothers: Country & Christmas Concert at the Grand 1894 Opera House – The Grammy Award–winning country trio has performed for more than 65 years, and now they’ll bring to Galveston a holiday concert of Christmas songs and country classics. $31.50 and up. 8pm.
- Markus Schulz DJ Set at Bauhaus – German DJ and producer Markus Schulz hits the decks in Downtown at Bauhaus. $30. 10pm to 2am.
Sunday, November 27, 2022
- Freaks on a Leash in Concert at Rise Rooftop | FREE with RSVP – The Korn tribute act, Freaks on a Leash perform live at Rise Rooftop along with openers, Def Tunes, and Cold Day Memory. 2pm.
- Rocky Mountain High Experience: A John Denver Christmas at Hobby Center – One of the most iconic voices of the 1970s, John Denver’s unforgettable folk sounds catapulted him to the top of the charts. Rick Schuler offers this tribute concert, featuring inspirational carols and holiday classics from Denver’s Christmas albums and specials. $70 and up. 3pm and 7pm.
- Glen Campbell Tribute at Main Street Crossing – Get ready to groove on a Southern night and celebrate the late, great country legend with a Glen Campbell Tribute, joined by the Wichita featuring Carl Acuff Jr. $45 and up. 4pm.
- Tejas Got Soul: Avizo at Discovery Green – Houston’s own Grammy-nominated Tejano band, Avizo, are going to be tearing up the stage with their unique fusion of cumbia, conjunto, salsa, and R&B as they pay tribute to legendary pioneers of the Houston Chicano movement. 5pm to 7pm.
- An Evening with Nigella Lawson at Wortham Center – The internationally renowned chef and food writer comes to Downtown to talk her latest book, Cook, Eat, Repeat: Ingredients, Recipes and Stories. Brazos Bookstore will also be on-site for book purchases. $29 and up. 6:30pm.
- Feng Suave in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The Amsterdam-based psych pop outfit, Feng Suave, hits the stage at White Oak. $17 and up. 7pm.
- Isabel Pantoja in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – With dozens of albums stretching back to 1974, the Spanish singer brings her Enamórate Tour to Sugar Land. $45 and up. 8pm.
- Half-Off Backbar at Trash Panda Drinking Club | No Cover – Enjoy deep discounts on liquors on the back bar at this Northside Village drinkery. 9pm to 2am.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).