Make the most of your week with our top festivals, events, and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, November 21 to Sunday, November 27, 2022.
We’ve whittled down all the happenings in H-Town to our 15 picks for the week, but you can always check out the extended calendar for more things to do in Houston.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, November 21 to Sunday, November 27, 2022.
Top 15 Festivals, Events & Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Claudio Simonetti’s Goblin performs Suspiria at Warehouse Live | Monday, November 21 – Legendary horror film soundtrack composer Claudio Simonetti and his critically acclaimed band, Goblin, perform the soundtrack to the 1977 horror classic, Suspiria, at Warehouse Live. $45 and up. 8pm.
- 73rd Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade in Downtown | Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 24 | FREE – Get into the holiday spirit at the 70th Annual H-E-B Houston Thanksgiving Day Parade, a showcase of sensational floats, high-flying balloons, marching bands, artistic entries, and live entertainment through the streets of Downtown. 9am to 11am.
- 34th Annual Uptown Holiday Lighting on Post Oak Boulevard | Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 24 | FREE – The annual Uptown Holiday Lighting kicks off the holiday season with the illumination of Uptown’s 300 custom, 20-foot tall holiday trees along Post Oak Boulevard with live fireworks, holiday shopping, street entertainment, and appearance by Santa Claus, and more. 4pm to 7pm.
- The Riot Comedy Club presents Live Laugh Love on Thanksgiving at Rudyard’s Pub | Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 24 – Local comic talent and headliners join forces to share heartbreak stories and perhaps give you a little something to feel thankful for. $15 and up. 7pm and 9pm.
- 62nd Annual AutoRama at George R. Brown Convention Center | Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 24 to Sunday, November 27 – Kicking off on Thanksgiving, the AutoRama offers four days of automotive spectacle with showcases of beautiful, customized muscle cars, lowriders, hot rods and other chromed-out vehicles. $23; $4.99 for ages 6 to 12; free for ages 5 and under. Times vary.
- Cistern Illuminated Opening Day at Buffalo Bayou Park Cistern | Friday, November 25 – The latest installation at the Cistern offers a winter display, designed by local artist and engineer Kelly O’Brien and featuring undulating lights that provide a unique perspective on one of Houston’s “underground” gems. $10. 11am to 7pm.
- World Cup Watch Party: England vs USA at Social Beer Garden | Friday, November 25 | No Cover – One of the biggest matches of the early stage of the 2022 World Cup will see England and the United States duking it out on the pitch. The Midtown beer garden, which hosts every match of the World Cup (yes, even at 4am) will have live DJs, giveaways and other special goodies. Noon to 5pm.
- Peppa Pig Live: Peppa Pig’s Adventure at Bayou Music Center | Friday, November 25 – Featuring life-sized theatrical puppets performed live on stage, Peppa Pig’s Adventure sees the beloved Peppa taking an exciting camping trip in the woods with George and her school friends, including Pedro Pony, Suzy Sheep and Gerald Giraffe. Along with Daddy Pig driving the bus, Peppa and friends embark on a 60-minute live musical adventure, full of singing, dancing, games and surprises.. $32 and up. 6:30pm.
- Comedian Zahid Dewji Farewell Show at the Secret Group | Friday, November 25 – A founding member of the Secret Group and a stand-up comic who has toured and opened for comedians Whitney Cummings, Mo Amer and Dusty Slay, Zahid Dewji performs a farewell show in his goodbye to Houston. A roast of the comic will follow at 9pm. $10. 7pm.
- Black Friday Holiday Flea at Silver Street | Friday, November 25 to Sunday, November 27 – Ditch the crowds at big box retailers and opt for some Black Friday shopping from more than 75 local vendors and artisans doling out leather goods, handmade jewelry, gourmet foods, home decor and more. $5; free for ages 12 and under. 10am to 5pm.
- We So Houston Art Show at Saint Arnold Brewing Company | Friday, November 25 to Sunday, November 27 | No Cover – Held at the Saint A beer hall throughout the weekend, Houstonians can learn about the city’s rich history and culture through art, food and local beer. Times vary.
- BLCK Market Pop-Up: Small Business Saturday at East River | Saturday, November 26 | FREE – Get a head start on your holiday shopping at BLCK Market’s Small Business Saturday edition, which provides an assortment of Black-owned, local businesses, vendors and creators to shop from. 1pm to 5pm.
- Holiday Tree Lighting & ArtWalk in Downtown Galveston | Saturday, November 26 | FREE – Head to Saengerfest Park in Galveston’s Strand district for the annual lighting of the Christmas tree, plus see Santa and participate in the Galveston Art Center’s ArtWalk where you can tour local galleries and enjoy live entertainment throughout Downtown. 6pm to 8pm.
- Tejas Got Soul: Avizo in Concert at Discovery Green | Sunday, November 27 | FREE – The Grammy-nominated Tejano band from Houston, Avizo, hits the stage in Discovery Green for the next installment of the Tejas Got Soul concert series. 5pm to 7pm.
- An Evening with Nigella Lawson at Wortham Center | Sunday, November 27 – The internationally renowned chef and food writer comes to Downtown to talk her latest book, Cook, Eat, Repeat: Ingredients, Recipes and Stories. Brazos Bookstore will also be on-site for book purchases. $29 and up. 6:30pm.
Many More Things to Do in Houston
- Top Concerts & Live Shows This Week – Check out our top picks for local and touring musicians, stars, and personalities hitting the stage in H-Town this week.
- Top Games & Sports Events This Week – Scope out professional and select college sports games, touring athletic competitions, local fitness and participatory events, and more.
- Top Things to Do For Kids & Families This Week – Zero in on the best option for families and the junior set around Greater Houston.
- Current Temporary Museum Exhibits & Art Installations in Greater Houston – Explore the newest installations and exhibits on short term display at museums and locations around Houston, with a focus on art, history, and science.
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more live entertainment, events, pop-ups, markets, and other options around Houston.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).