Trot your way through Thanksgiving week with the best kid-friendly things to do from Monday, November 21 to Sunday, November 27, 2022.
This week, explore a galaxy of lights by the millions, visit a turkey on his lucky day, run your way towards Thanksgiving dinner, sing along with Baby Shark, kick start the holiday season with a Christmas classic, and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 12 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Week
- 2022 Galaxy Lights at Space Center Houston | Daily – Galaxy Lights returns this year with a stellar spectacle that twinkles throughout the campus, allowing visitors to step through space-themed light installations, take in high-tech experiences, and walk among flown spacecraft in a one-of-a-kind holiday event that can only be found in Space City. On view through New Year’s Day, Sunday, January 1, 2023. $19.95 and up; free for ages 3 and under. Combo tickets that offer admission to the Space Center exhibits are also available. 6pm to 10pm.
- 5th Annual Turkey Pardon at Children’s Museum Houston | Tuesday, November 22 – Following the national tradition, one lucky turkey will be pardoned by Children’s Museum Houston’s Kids’ Committee co-presidents. Join in the fun, sign his pardon petition, and meet the special turkey. $15 for ages 1 and up ($2 off when you wear an ugly holiday sweater). 10am to 2pm.
- 20th Annual Turkey Dash at Monty Ballard YMCA at Cinco Ranch | Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 24 – The Katy YMCA Turkey Dash returns for its 20th year with races for both kids and adults. The post-race party will include a fully equipped kids zone and many ways to engage with local businesses and organizations. Registration ranges from $25 to $55. 7:10am.
- Galveston Island Turkey Trot in Menard Park | Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 24 – The annual Galveston Turkey Trot features a flat ocean-view course along the Seawall and welcomes both runners and walkers of all ages. Registration is $40 for the 5K. 7:30am to 11am.
- 73rd Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade in Downtown | Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 24 | FREE – Houston’s Thanksgiving Day Parade will return to the heart of Downtown Houston, where thousands upon thousands of Houstonians will line the streets to cheer on participants. The parade will traverse over 20 city blocks and features elaborate floats, colorful marching bands, high-flying balloons and other uniquely Houston entries. 9am to 11am.
- Thanksgiving Day at Kemah Boardwalk | Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 24 | No Cover – Spend part of your Thanksgiving Day shopping, going on rides, and playing some boardwalk games at the Kemah Boardwalk. Noon to 9am.
- Chikawa Aztec Dancers & Shopping with Usborne Books at the Woodlands Children’s Museum | Friday, November 25 – In recognition of Native American Indian Heritage Month, the Woodlands Children’s Museum celebrates with a special performance by the Chikawa Aztec Dancers, a local cultural group representing the Aztec culture through modern Aztec dance and traditions. $7 for ages 1 and up. 10am to 2pm.
- Peppa Pig Live: Peppa Pig’s Adventure at Bayou Music Center | Friday, November 25 – Featuring life-sized theatrical puppets performed live on stage, Peppa Pig’s Adventure sees the beloved Peppa taking an exciting camping trip in the woods with George and her school friends, including Pedro Pony, Suzy Sheep and Gerald Giraffe. Along with Daddy Pig driving the bus, Peppa and friends embark on a 60-minute live musical adventure, full of singing, dancing, games and surprises. $32 and up. 6:30pm.
- The Santa Clause Movie Screening at Levy Park | Friday, November 25 | FREE – Watch a screening of the classic holiday movie starring Tim Allen, The Santa Clause, at the Greenway Plaza-area park. Unsuspecting single father Scott Calvin becomes Santa Claus after an unfortunate accident at his home. Scott stays in disbelief, while his son has never believed in him more, as they navigate this new life together. 7pm.
- Houston Symphony presents Disney’s Fantasia at Jones Hall | Friday, November 25 to Sunday, November 27 – The orchestra plays the lush, classical music–inspired score to Disney’s 1940 animated masterpiece while the movie plays on screen. $29 and up. Times vary.
- Baby Shark Live: The Christmas Show! at Smart Financial Centre | Saturday, November 26 – The beloved children’s characters, Baby Shark and Pinkfong, come to life in a one-of-a-kind immersive experience going into the jungle and under the sea to explore shapes, colors, numbers and more. The show features hit songs, including “Baby Shark,” “Five Little Monkeys,” “Wheels On The Bus,” and “Monkey Banana Dance,” plus holiday classics like “Jingle Bells” and others. $39.50 and up. 2pm.
- Nutcracker in the Park at League Park | Sunday, November 27 | FREE – Bring the kids to League Park in League City for a full day of Nutcracker-themed activities like ballet classes, a scavenger hunt, the Mouse King Market, a holiday tree lighting, and more. 8am to 6pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).