Hear the sounds of the holiday season with the return of many Christmas and holiday performances around Houston, now through December 2022.
While you wait to unwrap the presents beneath the tree, the holiday season gets into full swing with a bevy of local and international talent bringing their Christmas and winter performances to Houston.
Here is our guide to the best Holiday and Christmas concerts taking place around Houston in 2022.
More Holiday Attractions & Things to Do
2022 Christmas & Holiday Concerts Around Houston
Week of Monday, November 21, 2022
- A Motown Christmas at Ensemble Theatre | Now through Christmas Eve, Saturday, December 24 – Get into the groove that only the signature sound from Detroit can deliver. This Motown revue in Midtown blends traditional holiday carols with soulful sounds from Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye and more. $44 and up. Showtimes vary.
- The MistleTones Holiday Carolers at Market Street | Friday, November 25 | FREE – The Woodlands shopping and dining destination hosts a series of holiday performances, including this one from professional caroling troupe the MistleTones, who will sing holiday tunes at a free concert. 3pm to 5pm.
- Bob Schneider’s Moonlight Trio: The Christmas Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck | Friday, November 25 – Austin-based singer-songwriter Bob Schneider brings his annual Christmas concert to Houston on the day after Thanksgiving, performing seasonal classics with his trio. $75 and up. 7pm and 9:30pm.
- The Gatlin Brothers: Country & Christmas Concert at The Grand 1894 Opera House | Saturday, November 26 – The Grammy Award–winning country trio has performed for more than 65 years, and now they’ll bring to Galveston a holiday concert of Christmas songs and country classics. $31.50 and up. 8pm.
- Rocky Mountain High Experience: A John Denver Christmas at Hobby Center | Sunday, November 27 – One of the most iconic voices of the 1970s, John Denver’s unforgettable folk sounds catapulted him to the top of the charts. Rick Schuler offers this tribute concert, featuring inspirational carols and holiday classics from Denver’s Christmas albums and specials. $70 and up. 3pm and 7pm.
Week of Monday, November 28, 2022
- Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox: A Very Postmodern Christmas at House of Blues | Wednesday, November 30 – Performing in the styles of yesteryear, from big band swing to doo wop, two dozen performers of Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox take to the House of Blues stage to offer vintage twists on Christmas classics. $32.50 and up. 7pm.
- Holly Jolly Jingle at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Thursday, December 1 | FREE – The annual tradition returns, bringing together students from across Conroe ISD and high schools from the Woodlands for an evening of holiday medleys and popular tunes. Swing by early when gates open at 6pm to snap a photo with Santa and enjoy other festivities. 7pm.
- ROCO Connections: Yuletide Brunch & Brass at Houston Botanic Garden | Friday, December 2 – The chamber orchestra brings holiday spirit and a scrumptious brunch to the South Houston gardens, performing holiday tunes in classical and jazz arrangements. Stick around after for docent-led tours of the Garden. $75; $35 for ages 12 and under. 10am to noon.
- A Beatles Holiday Cabaret at Music Box Theater | Friday, December 2 to Wednesday, December 28 – Singers take to the stage for this Beatles/Christmas mash-up show that features holiday traditional carols alongside Fab Four faves. Look for renditions of the iconic music group’s “In My Life/Christmas Canon,” “O Come All Ye Faithful/Revolution” and more. $35 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Houston Grand Opera presents Carols on the Green at Discovery Green | Saturday, December 3 | FREE – Just outside the Ice at Discovery Green, you can catch this annual carol concert featuring songs from Houston Grand Opera’s mariachi opera, El Milagro del Recuerdo, music from local children’s ensemble Segundo Barrio, and more selections for a night of spirited seasonal celebration. 7pm to 8:30pm.
- Houston Bronze Ensemble presents A Jazzy Little Christmas at MATCH | Saturday, December 3 – H-Town’s premiere handbell ensemble offers this holiday concert of Christmas favorites with a jazz riff. $15. 7:30pm.
- Fort Bend Symphony Orchestra presents Deck the Halls at Stafford Centre | Sunday, December 4 – The Fort Bend Symphony Orchestra is joined by the Choir for an afternoon program of holiday tunes, accompanied by the Handmade Holiday Market, which offers gifts and decorations crafted by musicians to support the Symphony Orchestra. $10 and up. 2pm.
- Performing Arts Houston presents Blind Boys of Alabama Christmas Show at Jones Hall | Sunday, December 4 – These “living legends of Gospel music” present traditional and contemporary songs of the season designed to help audiences feel the holiday spirit and get the rafters ringing. $29 and up. 6:30pm.
Week of Monday, December 5, 2022
- Houston Latin Philharmonic presents Latin Christmas at Hobby Center | Wednesday, December 7 – Led by maestro Glenn Garrido, the Houston Latin American Philharmonic returns for their traditional concert of seasonal works from the world of Latin American music. This year, the Phil will be joined by special guest artists Diveana and Robert Gonzalez, known as the Queen and El Gallito. $30 and up. 7:30pm.
- Home for the Holidays with Marcia Ball, Carolyn Wonderland and Shelley King at the Heights Theater | Wednesday, December 7 – It’s holiday time in the Heights as a trio of Texas musicians unite for an evening of seasonal songs at this annual holiday concert featuring the renown singer-songwriters. $26 and up. 8pm.
- Abbey Road’s Christmas with the Beatles at Hobby Center | Thursday, December 8 – Enjoy an evening of mashups when Abbey Road’s Christmas with the Beatles brings twists on Christmas classics and faves of the Fab Four. $39 and up. 7:30pm.
- Houston Symphony presents Handel’s Messiah at Jones Hall | Friday, December 9 to Sunday, December 11 – Joined by guest soloists, the Houston Symphony orchestra and Chorus performs this majestic choral work that celebrates the life of Christ. $29 and up. Friday and Saturday 7:30pm; Sunday 2:30pm.
- Raquel Cepeda’s Christmas Concert at the Heights Theater | Saturday, December 10 – The Houstonian jazz vocalist offers a selection of jazz classics in the spirit of the season, along with original arrangements in her annual Christmas concert. $25 and up. 8pm.
- Houston Chamber Choir presents On This Day Earth Shall Ring at Chapel of the Villa de Matel | Saturday, December 10 & Sunday, December 11 – The Grammy Award–winning choir is joined by the Houston Treble Choir and guitarist Marc Garvin for a selection of holiday favorites in the stunning setting of the Villa de Matel chapel in East End. $40. 2:30pm and 5pm.
Week of Monday, December 12, 2022
- A.D. Players presents Christmas With the King: Brandon Bennett Sings Elvis at the George Theater | Monday, December 12 & Tuesday, December 13 – Part of the theater’s Artists Lounge Live series, this evening of hits includes holiday songs and Elvis favorites. Brandon Bennett has been seen in Million Dollar Quartet and is the winner of Graceland’s Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Award. $28 and up. 7:30pm.
- Holiday Swingin’: A Kat Edmonson Christmas at the Heights Theater | Wednesday, December 14 – The renown, award-winning singer-songwriter brings Yule-tide favorites to the stage in the Heights as part of her festive show. $26 and up. 8pm.
- Houston Symphony presents A Very Merry Pops at Jones Hall | Thursday, December 15 to Sunday, December 18 – Ring in the season with traditional and contemporary carols, performed by the orchestra and chorus, joined by the incomparable N’Kenge, star of Broadway’s Motown: The Musical and Caroline, Or Change. $22 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Houston Symphony presents Ho-Ho-Holiday at Jones Hall | Saturday, December 17 – This family concert from Houston Symphony offers a morning of songs from Disney’s Frozen, The Polar Express, holiday sing-alongs and more. Plus, families can enjoy kid-friendly activities before the first concert and after the second concert, including a visit with Santa, caroling stations and free hot chocolate. $29 and up. 10am and 11:30am.
Late December 2022
- The Grand Ol’ Christmas Show with Blue Water Highway at the Heights Theater | Tuesday, December 20 – This one-of-a-kind musical comedy from Will Hearn brings a live retro radio show to the stage, complete with sketch comedy antics, Christmas classics and a tribute to the holiday tradition. Americana artists Blue Water Highway will also be around to perform tunes live. $32 and up. 8pm.
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra: The Ghosts of Christmas Eve at Toyota Center | Thursday, December 29 – The acclaimed orchestral ensemble brings its signature holiday tradition back to Houston for their Ghosts of Christmas Eve: The Best of TSO & More tour. $29 and up. 3pm and 7:30pm.
More Holiday Attractions & Things to Do
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).