Get your laughs at these must-see live comedy shows and events in Houston for October 2022.
Find more comedy happening all month long in the 365Houston Calendar.
Here are our picks for the month’s top nights in comedy:
Top 20 Live Comedy Events This Month: October 2022
- D.L. Hughley at Houston Improv | Friday, September 30 to Sunday, October 2 – A legendary comedian, actor, and host of his weekday radio show, D.L. Hughley stops by the Improv for five sets across three nights. Tickets are $110 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Ladygang Podcast presents The Lady Secrets at House of Blues | Sunday, October 2 – From the minds and mouths of Keltie Knight, Becca Tobin, and Jac Vanek, the Ladygang podcast makes its way to House of Blues for the Lady Secrets Tour. $30. 7pm.
- Nick Guerra at the Secret Group | Sunday, October 2 – Seen in his HBO comedy special, Love Me At My Worst, the fan-favorite comedian grabs the mic for a set at the EaDo comedy club. $17. 7:30pm.
- Beth Stelling at the Secret Group | Thursday, October 6 – The comedian and writer hits the Secret Group stage on the Petty Betty Tour, following up her HBO Max streaming special, Girl Daddy. $29.50 and up. 8pm.
- Performing Arts Houston presents An Evening with Tom Papa at Wortham Center | Friday, October 7 – The longtime comic, actor, author and podcaster comes to Downtown for a night of tales and observations that will have the crowd rolling. $45.50 and up. 7:30pm.
- Yedoye Travis at Rudyard’s British Pub | Friday, October 7 & Saturday, October 8 – One of Vulture‘s 2022 “Comedians You Should and Will Know,” Yedoye Travis takes to the upstairs mic at Ruds for back-to-back nights of stand-up hilarity and piercing insights. $17 and up. Times vary.
- Nick Mullen at Houston Improv | Friday, October 7 to Sunday, October 9 – Fresh off the launch of The Adam Friedland Show, which he co-hosts with his longtime collaborator, Nick Mullen spends a weekend at the Improv, dishing his takes on the internet and the world around him. $50 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- We Outside Comedy Tour at NRG Arena | Saturday, October 8 – The nationwide comedy tour brings a six-piece of comedians to the NRG Arena stage, featuring sets from Deon Cole, Corey Holcomb, Gary Owen, Tony Rock, Ryan Davis and Kelly Kellz. $59.75 and up. 8pm.
- Joe Pera at White Oak Music Hall | Wednesday, October 12 – The comedian and writer best known for his three-season run of Joe Pera Talks with You on Adult Swim makes a one night–only appearance at White Oak’s downstairs room. $29.50. 7pm.
- Jimmy O. Yang at Houston Improv | Thursday, October 13 to Saturday, October 15 – Having appeared in hit shows like Silicon Valley and Netflix’s Space Force, the comic and actor takes over the Improv for three straight nights while touring the country. $60 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Maria Bamford at Rockefeller’s | Friday, October 14 & Saturday, October 15 – The critically-acclaimed comic draws on her storied experiences over her longtime career while performing back-to-back nights at the Washington Avenue venue. $15 and up. 7:30pm and 10pm both nights.
- Sydnee Washington at Rudyard’s British Pub | Friday, October 14 & Saturday, October 15 – The Emmy-nominated actor and Brooklyn-based comedian lands at the upstairs stage in Montrose for two nights of her hilarious stand-up. $17 and up. Times vary.
- Rob Anderson at Houston Improv | Wednesday, October 19 – The Heartthrob Live tour brings the social media star for a rare night at the Improv, where he’ll explore relatable LGBTQ+ issues with his sharp and sardonic wit. $50 for 2, and up. 7:30pm.
- Shane Gillis at Houston Improv | Thursday, October 20 to Saturday, October 22 – In six sets across the end of the week, comedian Shane Gillis brings the laughs to the Improv stage in a nearly sold-out series of shows. Limited tickets remain; $100 for a table of 4, and up. Times vary.
- Steve Martin & Martin Show at Smart Financial Centre | Friday, October 21 – The iconic comedians join forces for the You Won’t Believe What They Look Like Today! Tour that will bring them through Sugar Land for a comedic spectacle. $89.50 and up. 8pm.
- Amy Schumer at 713 Music Hall | Friday, October 21 – The Emmy-nominated comedian, writer and actor heads back out on tour, stopping by the Post Houston stage for a night of her latest material. $59 and up. 8pm.
- Tony Baker at Houston Improv | Thursday, October 27 to Saturday, October 29 – A back-to-back finalist on Last Comic Standing and social media sensation Tony Baker sets up shop for three nights of his latest work at the Improv in West Houston. $50 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Byron Bowers at Rudyard’s British Pub | Friday, October 28 & Saturday, October 29 – Recently found in HBO’s Irma Vep and on his brand new FX comedy special, Spiritual N***a, the acclaimed comedian steps upstairs in Montrose for his signature set that marries heavy and light for an uproarious night of laughter. $17 and up. Times vary.
- Daniel Simonsen at the Secret Group | Sunday, October 30 – The Norwegian comedian steps across the pond and lands in EaDo for a Halloween Eve performance. $15. 7pm.
- Steve Hofstetter at Houston Improv | Sunday, October 30 – The West Houston stage welcomes the New York-based comic for a single set on the heels of his book release, Follow Your Dream (Unless Your Dream is Stupid). Limited tickets remain; $100 for 4, and up. 7:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).