Updated Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 1:10pm
Strap on your Lederhosen and toast your favorite brews at one (or more) of our picks for 2022 Oktoberfest celebrations, parties and events taking place around Houston.
Around Houston and beyond, brewery taps are again flowing with beer and the beginning of fall brings back the annual tradition of Oktoberfest to many beloved taprooms in the city.
This season, you can expect a ton of festive competitions, best dressed contests, delicious German menus, special brew releases, and much more.
Here are some of the best places this season to raise a glass and “Zicke, Zacke, Zicke, Zacke, Hoi, Hoi, Hoi!”
2022 Oktoberfest Events & Celebrations in Houston
Weekend of Friday, September 23, 2022
- Karbachtoberfest 2022 Kick-Off at Karbach Brewing Company | Friday, September 23 to Sunday, September 25 | No Cover – The first of three full weekends, Karbachtoberfest is back with live music, stein hoisting competitions, wiener dog races and the brewery’s Bavarian-style marzen (lager), Karbachtoberfest. Times vary.
- KTX Oktoberfest at Typhoon Texas Waterpark | Saturday, September 24 | No Cover – The Katy waterpark hosts a full day celebration with German-themed food and drink, live music and entertainment, contests, and traditional Bavarian brews. 11am to 9pm.
- Oktoberfest 2022 at B-52 Brewing | Saturday, September 24 – Enjoy German brews and traditional foods at the Conroe brewery’s annual Oktoberfest celebration, featuring live music, games and competitions, a best-dressed contest and more. $30. Noon to 9pm.
- Poptoberfest at Holler Brewing Co. | Saturday, September 24 | No Cover – Collab’ing with What’s Up in the Cup?!, Holler returns with the second annual Poptoberfest, offering tank-fresh brews, delicious foods, and jams dedicated to the spirit of ’80s pop culture. Neon attire is encouraged. Noon to 11pm.
- Oktoberfest at Urban South HTX Brewery | Saturday, September 24 | No Cover – Strap on your Lederhosen and enjoy a day of Oktoberfest fun near Sawyer Yards with games like a mustard-eating contest and stein-holding competition, alongside dozens of flowing taps. 1pm to midnight.
- Oktoberfest at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | Saturday, September 24 | No Cover – Get down for the popular drinking holiday and enjoy eats like sauerkraut, pretzels and brats and well as live music, photo ops and games at the Heights brewery. 2pm to 7pm.
- German Oktoberfest at Houston Liederkranz | Saturday, September 24 – The Houston-area German social club hosts an Oktoberfest bash featuring a gourmet meal of traditional German foods in a dinner party atmosphere, followed by a night of dancing, music and beer. $20; $50 includes the pre-party meal. 6pm for the dinner session; 8pm for the party.
- Oktoberfest at Fass Brewery in Conroe | Saturday, September 24 & Sunday, September 25 | No Cover – The Conroe brewery hosts a weekend celebration with German foods, a stein hoisting competition and plenty of flowing liters of lager. Noon to 8pm.
Weekend of Friday, September 30, 2022
- Karbachtoberfest 2022 Week 2 at Karbach Brewing Company | Friday, September 29 to Sunday, October 2 | No Cover – Karbach’s three-weekend long celebration continues for its second week, with live music, stein hoisting competitions, wiener dog races and the brewery’s Bavarian-style marzen (lager), Karbachtoberfest. Times vary.
- Oktoberfest: Music to My Beers Weekend Kickoff Party at Pearland Town Center | Friday, September 30 | FREE – The fun gets rolling with a Friday night kickoff event where you can shop local vendors at a market hosted by Old Pearland Farmer’s Market, along with weenie dog races, singer-songwriter tunes from Dustin Harper, and a barbecue cook-off. 6pm to 10pm.
- Saint Arnold Oktoberfest 2022 at Saint Arnold Brewery | Friday, September 30 & Saturday, October 1 | FREE – The spacious beer garden at Saint Arnold hosts high energy live music from Das Ist Lustig with Valina Polka, plus glass boots and beer goggle races. 6pm to 9pm.
- Oktoberfest 5k Pub Run/Walk in Montrose | Saturday, October 1 | FREE – Soak in the great weather and join a Montrose pub crawl starting at the Phoenix on Westheimer and proceeding to West Alabama Ice House, Poison Girl, and Penny Whistle—followed by a stein hoisting competition—at a fundraiser to support Friends of the Phoenix’s Bike Around the Bay Team. Free to join; $10 donation is suggested. 1pm to 5pm.
- Oktoberfest: Music to My Beers at Pearland Town Center | Saturday, October 1 | FREE – The big beer fest extravaganza returns to Pearland with a full day of music performances from Morgan Ashley, the Hamilton Loomis Duo, and the Stringbenders, plus, you can sample seasonal offerings from nine of the region’s tastiest craft breweries. 2pm to 9pm.
- Oktoberfest at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, October 1 | No Cover – Flying Saucer Biergarten opens more than 50 taps for a Bavarian celebration in Sugar Land, featuring a vintage and crafts market, live music and dance, and traditional German foods with roaming jugglers, stilt walkers, tarot readers and other special surprises. 4pm to 9pm.
Weekend of Friday, October 7, 2022
- Karbachtoberfest 2022 Finale at Karbach Brewing Company | Friday, October 7 to Sunday, October 9 | No Cover – Karbach wraps up its three-weekend long celebration with live music, stein hoisting competitions, wiener dog races and the brewery’s Bavarian-style marzen (lager), Karbachtoberfest. Times vary.
- 3rd Annual Läktoberfest at Lake Houston Brewery | Saturday, October 8 | No Cover – The lakeside brewery offers stunning views to pair with its day-long Oktoberfest celebration, featuring German brews and delicious foods, contests, special edition merch, live music, games and more. 11am to 9pm.
- Oktoberfest 2022 at Southern Star Brewing Co. | Saturday, October 8 | No Cover – In Conroe, the Bombshell Blonde brewery kicks off a family-friendly Oktoberfest celebration, with special brews, German foods, live music by the Homebrewed Brass Ensemble, games and more. Noon to 10pm.
Weekend of Friday, October 14, 2022
- Oktoberfest 2022 at King’s Bierhaus | Friday, October 14 to Sunday, October 16 – The Bavarian BierHaus in the Heights hosts a weekend of Oktoberfest fun with a wide selection of German beer and authentic German plates, costume contests, mug lifting competitions, live music and carnival games. $18 and up. Friday and Saturday 11am to midnight; Sunday 11am to 9pm.
- Oktoberfest at Galveston Island Brewing | Saturday, October 15 | No Cover – Toast to the island life at the expanded Galveston Island Brewing, featuring a full day of food and dance, with commemorative steins up for grabs, competitions, fun activities and live music. Noon to 8pm.
Weekend of Friday, October 21, 2022
- 40th Annual Galveston Oktoberfest at First Lutheran Church of Galveston | Friday, October 21 & Saturday, October 22 | No Cover – Galveston’s family-friendly festival returns for its 40th year, offering a weekend of free entertainment, food, rides and games. Enjoy traditional German food and drink while you take in a slate of polka performers on both days. Friday 5pm to 10pm; Saturday 11am to 10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).