Updated Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 9:22pm
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide from Monday, September 19 to Sunday, September 25, 2022.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston This Week: Monday, September 19 to Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Comedian Ali Siddiq at Houston Improv | Thursday to Sunday – A Bring the Funny finalist and H-Town’s own, Ali Siddiq lands at the Improv in West Houston for six shows across the weekend. Tickets start at $44 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Galveston Island Shrimp Festival at Saengerfest Park | Friday & Saturday – Fill up on gumbo, shrimp and Gulf Coast eats at this annual festival that kicks off with a Friday night party, followed by a Saturday morning 5K, cook-off competition, a rum punch contest, vendors along the Strand, and more. Prices for events vary, but Saturday’s popular Gumbo Stroll tasting event starts at $13 in advance; $16 day of. Times vary.
- Karbachtoberfest 2022 Kick-Off at Karbach Brewing Company | Friday & Saturday | No Cover – Running three full weekends, Karbachtoberfest is back with live music, stein hoisting competitions, wiener dog races and the brewery’s Bavarian-style marzen. Times vary.
- Comedian Katie Hannigan at Rudyard’s Pub | Friday & Saturday – Co-host of the Lady Journey podcast with fellow comic Sarah Tollemache, the comedian and actor comes to Montrose for back-to-back nights of hilarity. $17 and up. Times vary.
Wednesday, September 21, 2022
- Game Night at Pur Noire Urban Wineries | No Cover – Sip on vino while showing your skills or trying your hands at table games like giant Jenna, card games, trivia and more. 5pm to 9pm.
- Art & Wine Experience at Sixty Vines Rice Village – Savor 7 exclusive wines from renowned winemakers Daou, Stolpman, Klinker Brick, and more, along with 5 chef-curated pairings at the Rice Village wine shop. $45. 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Write About Now Poetry Open Mic with Crush at AvantGarden – The 15th ranked woman poet in the country, and 30th ranked poet in the world hosts a night of open mic spoken word on the back patio stage by the popular, but hidden, garden bar and pub in Montrose. $8. 7:30pm to 10:30pm.
- Irish Session & Game Night at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck | No Cover – Take in a jam session of Irish tunes and music from Duck regulars, while joining in board game play, including yours that you bring from home. 7:30pm to 10:30pm
- Collective Soul & Switchfoot at Smart Financial Centre – The alternative rock heavyweights are blowing through Houston on their co-headlining tour and they’re bringing music from each of their 2022 releases with them. $49.50 and up. 8pm.
Thursday, September 22, 2022
- Sip Shop & Stroll in Downtown Conroe | No Cover – This monthly community event opens up the shops and antique stores in Downtown Conroe for people to browse while enjoying light bites and drinks. Check out live music on stage, a local vendor market, and food and drink specials at area restaurants. 5pm to 10pm.
- Houston Minifest at Warehouse Live – This super-sized bill includes several local bands takes the stage in EaDo, plus artwork will be on display in this festival-style atmosphere. $25. 6pm.
- Jawad Live Performance & Steak Night at MKT Bar | No Cover – The solo guitarist brings his “rainbow colored sounds” to the stage at Phoenicia’s MKT Bar, where you can also indulge in Steak Night for $16.99. 6pm to 8pm.
- Hotter than Hot Hot Wings Challenge at Platypus Brewing | No Cover – Take up the challenge and make your way through a spicy wing contest with 10 wings and 10 sauces of increasing heat, armed with just 1 pint of Platypus brew. Finishers will be entered into a raffle for a $50 gift card. 6:30pm.
- Thundercat in Concert at House of Blues – Fresh off a tour with Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Strokes, your fave’s fave, Thundercat moseys over to House of Blues with tunes from his latest release, What It Is. $35 and up. 7pm.
- Camilo in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – Sugar Land welcomes the five-time Latin Grammy Award–winning singer-songwriter Camilo to the stage. $50.99 and up. 8pm.
- Frequency at Rise Rooftop – DJ Lex, Goldbrush, Ethen, and more rule the decks at the Frequency dance night featuring hip hop, bass, and EDM. $20. 9:30pm to 2am.
- Girls Night Out at Social Beer Garden – Tip back Social Beer Garden HTX’s new $6 frozen cocktail in celebration of National Girls Night Out. 2pm to 2am.
Friday, September 23, 2022
- Sip & Stroll at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center – Take a happy hour walk-through the Aboretum’s forested grounds inside Memorial Park, enjoying St. Arnolds or vino. $45; $40 for members. 5:30pm to 7pm.
- Comedian Kevin James at Cullen Performance Hall – The Emmy Award-winning King of Queens funnyman takes the stage at Cullen Hall on the University of Houston campus for a night of live laughs and side-splitting jokes. $40 and up. 7pm.
- I Love the ’90s: Vanilla Ice, Coolio, Rob Base, Color Me Badd & Young MC in Concert at The Barn at the Frio – Bounce the beat at a lineup of beloved ’90s hip hop stars, live and in person, at the popular live music venue and watering hole in Cypress. $90 and up. 7pm.
- Comedian Katt Williams at NRG Arena – The comedian and actor, who most recently can be seen in his Netflix stand-up special, World War III, lands in Houston for one-night only of his biting commentary on the hot topics of today. $59 and up. 8pm.
- Billy Joel in Concert at Minute Maid Park – The legendary piano man heads Downtown for a highly anticipated concert in the Minute Maid outfield. $35 and up, but you may find hard-to-get, better, or cheaper seats on the online resale marketplace. 8pm.
- Echo & The Bunnymen in Concert at House of Blues – The ’80s English rock group celebrates 40 years of musicmaking with a stop at the Downtown stage. $45 and up. 8pm.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show at White Oak Music Hall – Do the time warp and catch a live performance of the cult musical classic, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, which helps to raise funds that benefit the River Oaks Theater preservation. $18. 9pm.
- Nathan Barato DJ Set at Bauhaus – The Toronto-based House music DJ takes the stage at the Downtown nightclub for a night of electronic grooves. $10 and up. 10pm to 2am.
- Sonny Fodera + Biscits at Stereo Live – Groove to house music spun by DJ and producer, Sonny Fodera, performing with Biscuits at the West Houston club and live DJ venue. 10pm to 2am.
Saturday, September 24, 2022
- Oktoberfest 2022 at B-52 Brewing – Enjoy German brews and traditional foods at the Conroe brewery’s annual Oktoberfest celebration, featuring live music, games and competitions, a best-dressed contest and more. $30. Noon to 9pm.
- Poptoberfest at Holler Brewing Co. | No Cover – Collab’ing with What’s Up in the Cup?!, Holler returns with the second annual Poptoberfest, offering tank-fresh brews, delicious foods, and jams dedicated to the spirit of ’80s pop culture. Neon attire is encouraged. Noon to 11pm.
- Red Bull DIY Galveston: Street Skating Meets the Beach on Seawall | FREE – Watch some tricks at this skateboarding contest event along with a new mural, and a beach clean-up at the Beach Access Ramp near 57th & Seawall. 1pm to 5pm.
- Oktoberfest at Urban South HTX Brewery | No Cover – Strap on your Lederhosen and enjoy a day of Oktoberfest fun near Sawyer Yards with games like a mustard-eating contest and stein-holding competition, alongside dozens of flowing taps. 1pm to midnight.
- Puptoberfest at Little Woodrow’s EaDo | No Cover – Dog lovers and owners can come together for Puptoberfest to enjoy multiple beer vendors, puppy pools, treats, games, and more at the EaDo outpost of the popular drinkery. 2pm to 6pm.
- Oktoberfest at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | No Cover – Get down for the popular drinking holiday and enjoy eats like sauerkraut, pretzels and brats and well as live music, photo ops and games at the Heights brewery. 2pm to 7pm.
- 7th Annual All White Day Party at Clé Day & Night – Don your finest whites for a day party featuring food, cigars and hookah, plus a visit from 2-time Super Bowl champion, Nate Washington. $40 and up. 2pm to 8pm.
- Mayday! & Wax Do America at SpindleTap – Swing by the North Houston brewery to catch the hip hop acts’ performance, Mayday! and Wax Do America tour. $40+. 6pm to 10pm.
- LetsDoThisHouston: Stoners Club Night Light Bike Ride from Third Ward to Midtown – Join a 3-hour tour that winds from Third Ward to Social Beer Garden in Midtown on a bike ride co-produced by Black-owned apparel company, Kloudz & Loud. $11. 6:30pm.
- Wu-Tang Clan & Nas in Concert at Toyota Center – Hip-hop prophets Wu-Tang Clan are bringing Nas and big apple vibes to the H on their New York State of Mind Tour. $39.50 and up. 7pm.
- Silent Disco at Social Beer Garden HTX | No Cover – Dance along to the beat of your choice as 12 different DJs spin tunes on 3 different channels—all broadcasted direct to your own complementary headset—into the wee hours at the Midtown favorite. 9pm to 2am.
- Blockchain Technology & Media (BTM) After Party at Rise Rooftop – Fans of Crypto and blockchain technology will want to head to Midtown after the Blockchain Technology and Media event for an evening of music by DJ Loopy and dancing, along with appearances by Andrew Yang and Kev Jumba. $40. 10pm to 2am.
- Sunday Funday Destinations Around Greater Houston – Not sure where to get your midday Sunday good vibes on? Find the best daytime destinations to wrap up your weekends—or keep them going in this case of this long Labor Day Weekend around the H-Town metro—in EaDo and the East End, Montrose’s Westheimer Curve, Lazybrook / Timbergrove, Shady Acres, Arts District Houston, River Oaks District, The Woodlands, Clear Lake, the “Gayborhood” and other LGBTQ+ favorites, and more. Times vary.
- Pound & Pour September at Ingenious Brewing Co. – Take a Pound class, a workout that combines cardio, conditioning, and yoga-inspired movements to make a lot of noise. $15; includes one-hour class and one free beer. 10:30am.
- Corgi Social at Little Woodrow’s Midtown | No Cover – Bring your pup—the favorite breed of the U.K.’s late Queen Elizabeth—over to Little Woodrow’s in Midtown for a Corgi Social that includes a giant puppy pool, toys, and treats. Noon.
- Casa Cornhole Tournament at Southern Star Brewery – Whether you wanna play just for fun or get competitive, you can participate in the Casa Cornhole Tournament. There will also be live music, food trucks, and fun for the whole family. $100 to register as a 2-person “just for fun” team; $200 for a 2-person competitive team. Noon.
- El Festival de la Salsa at Midtown Park – The central Midtown parkspace hosts an all-day festival including salsa artists Maelo Ruiz, Cro Cro y Su Tumbaka, Rudy Rincon, and several others along with a salsa dance competition, food and more. Free before 3pm with RSVP; $10 after. Free for ages 12 and under. 1pm to 10pm.
- Lewis Jewelers Classic at Houston Polo Club – The Houston polo season continues with the Lewis Jewelers Classic, featuring world class polo, a player parade, expert announcing, live music, Champagne divot stomp at halftime and special trophy presentation. $35; $15.50 for ages 12 and under. Boxes for 2 to 20 guests range from $89 to $895. 5pm.
- Comedian Wanda Sykes at Bayou Music Center – The iconic comic most recently dropped her full-length stand-up special, Not Normal on Netflix, and now heads through the Downtown stage for a night of new material. $39 and up. 7pm.
- Cairokee in Concert at Warehouse Live – The revolutionary Egyptian rock band makes a stop in East Downtown, bringing their protest songs and politically-inspired lyrics to the stage. $40 and up. 7pm.
- Dead Poet Society in Concert at House of Blues – The alt indie rockers land in Downtown Houston for a House of Blues performance supporting their album, -!-.$17. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).