Updated Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 9pm
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Monday, September 5 to Sunday, September 11, 2022.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston This Week: Monday, September 5 to Sunday, September 11, 2022
- April Macie at Rudyard’s Pub | Frida & Saturday – A Last Comic Standing finalist, April Macie brings the laughs to the upstairs stage at Rudyard’s in Montrose. $17 and up. 7pm and 9pm both nights.
- Comedian Jason Banks at Houston Improv | Friday to Sunday – The touring comic who has featured on TruTV’s Laff Mobb’s Laff Tracks, Kevin Hart’s LOL Network, and on the Comedians on South High podcast comes to Houston for a weekend of laughs. Tickets are $60 for 2, and up. Times vary.
Labor Day, Monday, September 5, 2022
- Labor Day Specials & Events around Houston – Fill your Labor Day with concerts, sports, happy hours, specials, and more. Prices and times vary.
- Labor Day Live Music Fest at Southern Star Brewery – The Conroe brewery holds a 2-day bash for Labor Day that features live performances from rock tribute bands on Monday. $10 and up. 11am to 11pm.
- Labor Day Weekend: Tequila Garden & Summer Splash Finale at Sekai – The East Downtown club hosts an afternoon pool party with cocktails and DJs spinning Afrobeats, hip-hop and R&B. $20 and up; free before 2pm with RSVP. Noon to 10pm.
- Supa Soca: Labor Day Pool & Day Party at Clé Day & Night – Dive into the pool for a final time this summer when Clé host an afternoon of Caribbeans tunes at their day party. $15; free before 4pm with RSVP. 2pm to 9pm.
- Labor Day Patio Party at Fielding’s Local Kitchen & Bar – In the Woodlands, Fielding’s spreads out on the patio for food and drink on Labor Day, along with live music by Anthony Pitt and Justin Peña. Menu prices vary; reservations recommended. 3pm.
- Trivia Night at Little Dipper Bar | No Cover – Answer 20 questions about Houston, whiskey, and more and you might win prizes from Milam & Greene Whiskey. 7pm.
- Punchline Monday Comedy with Jeff Joe at Axelrad | No Cover – Local H-Town comic Jeff Joe hosts a comedy night with surprise guests, upstairs at the Midtown favorite. 8pm to 11pm.
- Office Space Movie Screening at Axelrad | No Cover – Catch director Mike Judge’s 1999 comedy, which introduced the world to TPS reports, under the stars. 9pm.
Tuesday, September 6, 2022
- Trivia Tuesday at True Anomaly Brewing | No Cover – Show your trivia prowess and win Astros tickets or beer at the weekly trivia contest, with trivia categories announced on the EaDo brewery’s Instagram account on the of the game. 7pm.
- Bachata Tuesday at Sable Gate Winery – Latin Dance Factory leads an all-levels Bachata dance class—no experience or partner required—followed by a Latin dance social into the night. $15; $5 for social only. 7pm to 11:45pm.
Wednesday, September 7, 2022
- Hiyatus Kaiyote at House of Blues – The Australian neo-soul quartet is bringing the funky jazz tunes from their 2021 release, Mood Valiant, to the House of Blues—all you have to do is groove. $35 and up. 7pm.
- Flamin’ Hellcats in Concert at Rockefeller’s | FREE – Celebrate 30 years of HTX’s rockabilly band, the Flamin’ Hellcats, at an anniversary celebration. 7pm.
- Write About Now Poetry Open Mic at AvantGarden – Catch live spoken word and original poetry performances on the patio stage ofer drinks at the Montrose favorite tucked away in plain site on Westheimer. $8. 7:30pm.
- Comedian Just Nesh at Houston Improv – The Chicago comedian, “choir director, and twerk instructor” takes the stage for a single night of her raucous comedy. 7:30pm.
- Bayou Roux in Concert at Post Houston – Take in a show featuring the Cajun, zydeco, blues, country, and traditional folk stylings of Bayou Roux under the stars on the roof of Post in Downtown. $20. 8pm to 10pm.
Thursday, September 8, 2022
- A Dinner with Casamigos Tequila at The Laura Hotel – Chef John Nguyen presents a 4-course dinner and Casamigos Tequila pairing at Hull & Oak inside The Laura Hotel at Greenstreet in Downtown. $95. 6pm.
- Bikes & Brews at Brazos River Park | FREE – Head over to Brazos River Park in Sugar Land and enjoy a night of socializing with bicycling and mountain bike enthusiasts, delicious food from food trucks, and beer from Saint Arnold Brewery. 6pm to 8pm.
- Bayou Happy Hour Hike at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center – Enjoy a golden hour hike through the riparian woodland of the Bayou and sip on Saint Arnold at this happy hour event in the Arboretum. $20. 6pm to 8pm.
- Los Dientes Live Show at MKT Bar | No Cover – Galveston rockers perform live at the intimate MKT Bar inside Phoenicia in Downtown, with New Orleans’ Boomtown Brass Band. 6pm to 8pm.
- Lost in the Woods at Houston Arboretum – Dance the evening away to house music in the woods at Memorial Park at Dollar Disco’s pop-up event. $1 at the door; $2.70 in advance. 6pm to 10pm.
- Doug Westcott Live Show at The Rustic Post Oak | No Cover – Singer-songwriter Doug Westcott performs live at The Rustic in Uptown Park near the Galleria. 7pm.
- Comedian Carolanne Miljavac at Houston Improv – The Missouri-based mom of four and ’80s baby, best known for her massive online presence across multiple social media platforms, is known for being the “go-to girl” for a good laugh, encouragement, loving truths, and vulnerability. Tickets start at $50 for 2, and up. 7:30pm.
- Giveon in Concert at 713 Music Hall – The future of R&B is in good hands with baritone boss Giveon at the helm as he stops by Post Houston in support of his debut album, Give or Take. $55 and up. 8pm.
Friday, September 9, 2022
- Dueling Pianos at Karbach Brewing Co. | FREE – Head to the outdoor biergarten for a dueling pianos night from the JoiLux band, performing Top 40 and variety hits all night long. 6pm to 9pm.
- BarHaven Masquerade at Sixes & Sevens | No Cover – The Montrose cocktail lounge, adjacent to Rudyard’s, welcomes BarHaven’s Masquerade event, where attendees are encouraged to wear masks—the kind that cover your face/eyes rather than your breathing. $5 raffle tickets will be available for a chance to win prizes. 6pm to 2am.
- Comedian Bill Burr at Toyota Center – Coming off a brand new Netflix release, Live at Red Rocks, the longtime funnyman and actor descends on Downtown on his Slight Return Tour. $54.50 and up. 7pm.
- Pam Tillis in Concert at The Barn at the Frio – The legendary country artist makes an appearance at the Cypress-area outpost for comfort food and live music. $25 in advance; $33 at the door. 7pm.
- Warren Zeiders at White Oak Music Hall – The backwoods breakout country star rides into the Magnolia City fresh off the heels of his first gold-certified record, Ride the Lightning. $20 and up. 7pm.
- Yacht Rock Revue at Rise Rooftop – Croon to the tunes of the ’70s when Yacht Rock Revue brings covers and originals to the Rise Rooftop stage. $23 and up. 7pm.
- Noche de Cumbia at Axelrad | No Cover – Special guest DJs and live bands bring all the cumbia rhythms to the Axelrad outdoor stage, with Boombox Taco on-site for your food truck grub. 7pm to 1am.
- Alemán in Concert at House of Blues – The Mexican trap rapper comes to Downtown on his latest release, Huracán. $37.50 and up. 8pm.
- Hayden McBride in Concert at Goode Co. Armadillo Palace – The stage in Lower Kirby hosts East Texas–native Hayden McBride for a night of Texas country. $10 in advance; $12 day of. 9pm.
- SayMyName DJ Set at Stereo Live – The hard trap DJ out of Cali comes to West Houston for a pulse-pounding set on Friday night. $14. 10pm to 2am.
- Feminine Friday Burlesque Show at Social Beer Garden | No Cover – The popular female-owned Midtown bar presents a late night, women-forward burlesque performance to keep the evening engaging. 11pm to 1am.
Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Anniversary Party at True Anomaly Brewing | No Cover – The award-winning brewery founded by 4 guys from NASA celebrates another year around the sun with an all-day celebration, complete with tasty beer, bottle releases, food, music, tattoos, face-painting, and fun. Join blind beer tasting competition and you may take home a $200 case of mixed bottles. 11am to 1am.
- My Own Best Friend Beer Release at Eureka Heights Brewing | No Cover – Eureka Heights throws out the stops for its new beer, named for your favorite “man’s best friends” that will send all profits to Houston SPCA, with a live DJ, raffles and giveaways, vendors, and more. Noon to 4pm.
- All Things Campari Cocktail Making Class at Blossom Hotel Houston – Get in the mood for Houston’s Negroni Week while learning to make 2 stellar cocktails made with Campari, including a Negroni, at a special 90-minute cocktail class at the new boutique hotel near the Museum District. $30 includes the class, 3 cocktails, and light bites. 3pm.
- Hemptember Market at Railway Heights Market | No Cover – Celebrate the arrival of fall with this hemp-focused market bustling with more than 40 local vendors, a live DJ, food and drink, dancing and plenty of good vibes. Shop sweets, jewelry, apparel, tarot and more. Free admission; $25 for a High Pass that includes a goodie bag with more than $100 of products from sponsors. 4pm to 10pm.
- LetsDoThisHouston: Night Light Bike Ride to Post Houston – All skill levels are welcome at this three-hour cruise through the streets of Houston, ending at Post Houston for food, drinks and fun. $10; $27.50 with bike rental. 6pm.
- Music Night on the Strand with The Fab 5 in Downtown Galveston | FREE – Head to Saengerfest Park in Downtown Galveston for a night of sixties hits from the famed Beatles cover band, the Fab 5. 6pm to 8pm.
- Panic! at the Disco in Concert at Toyota Center – The emo pop project of Brendon Urie is back on tour and better than ever following the release of their seventh studio album, Viva Las Vengeance. $30.50 and up. 7pm.
- Madonnathon! at Equal Parts Brewing | No Cover – Music from Lucky Star and The Lost Boys, along with a Madonna costume contest celebrates the Queen of Pop. 7pm to midnight.
- Jack Harlow with City Girls in Concert at 713 Music Hall – One of the hottest in the hip-hop game is making his way down south to the Bayou City in support of his newest release, Come Home the Kids Miss You. $56 and up. 7:45pm.
- Stereolab in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The dreamy avant pop group is stopping in Houston on their North American Tour in support of Pulse of the Early Brain, the fifth addition to their Switched On compilation series. $37.50 and up. 8pm.
- Kinky Circus & Artist Market at Numbers Nightclub – Shop from unique local artists and vendors while you enjoy a night at the circus with live performers, circus acts, and more fun at the legendary H-Town venue. $35 for ages 21 and up; $40 for ages 18 and up. 8pm to 1:30am.
- Divino Latin Saturday at Henke & Pillot – Impressario’s popular weekly Latin dance night continues its more than 5-year residency at the downtown nightclub built in a historic former grocery store. 9pm to 2am.
- Yulia Niko DJ Set at Bauhaus – House music DJ Yulia Niko is joined by Dove City and Gauge for a Saturday night set at the Downtown venue, Bauhaus. $10 and up. 10pm to 2am.
- Sunday Funday Destinations Around Greater Houston – Not sure where to get your midday Sunday good vibes on? Find the best daytime destinations to wrap up your weekends—or keep them going in this case of this long Labor Day Weekend around the H-Town metro—in EaDo and the East End, Montrose’s Westheimer Curve, Lazybrook / Timbergrove, Shady Acres, Arts District Houston, River Oaks District, The Woodlands, Clear Lake, the “Gayborhood” and other LGBTQ+ favorites, and more. Times vary.
- HTX Market Second Sunday at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. | No Cover – Enjoy a tasty craft beer and pizza from Satellite of Pizza while supporting small businesses, makers, artists, and artisans at this monthly market in the Heights. 1pm to 5pm.
- The Divine Darlings Burly Soirée at 8th Wonder Distillery – Check out an afternoon of lace and leather, glitz and glamour with six incredible burlesque performers at 8th Wonder Distillery. $15 and up. 2pm to 4pm.
- Vice DJ Set at Clé Day & Night – Dive into a poolside DJ set from LA-native, Vice. $10. 2pm to 8pm.
- Secret Group – The Boston-based hardcore punk band takes over the Secret Group in EaDo. $18 in advance; $20 at the door. 7pm.
- Pitbull with Sean Paul in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Mr. Worldwide, Mr. 305 is bringing the party to the Woodlands, and you can’t stop him on his Can’t Stop Us Now Tour. $29 and up. 8pm.
- Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon Viewing at East End Backyard | No Cover –
- The Lab at Leon’s Lounge Comedy Open Mic Night | FREE – The Midtown bar plays host to a weekly comedy open mic event featuring hot six-minute sets from a variety of local comics. Sign-ups start at 7:30pm. 8pm to midnight.
- 9th Anniversary Snowball at Barbarella – Celebrate the ninth anniversary of the Midtown dance club at a snowball-themed event where ’80s school dance attire is encouraged. The first 100 to arrive will receive an anniversary edition t-shirt. Cover charge at the door. 9pm to 1am.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).