Saturday, September 10, 2022
- 9/11 Heroes Run at Houston City Hall – Since 2007, the Travis Manion Foundation has taken to the streets in memorial of September 11 to honor the legacies of first responders and servicemembers. Registration begins at $35, with various levels of support and registration available. 8am.
- 14th Annual Hummingbird Festival at Kleb Woods Nature Center | FREE – In Tomball, the nature preserve welcomes back another hummingbird fest where you can witness peak migration and enjoy games, activities and educational programs for the whole family. 9am to 3pm.
- Port to Port History Tour at Allen’s Landing – Bayou guide Andrew Groocock leads guests on a historical tour of the Buffalo Bayou on a seven-mile cruise from the old port of Houston to the new port. $45. 10am to noon.
- Mid-Autumn Festival at Children’s Museum Houston – The Vietnamese Culture and Science Association partners with the Children’s Museum Houston for a Mid-Autumn fest featuring a lion dance, costume and lantern contests, story time, and more. $15 for ages 1 and up. 10am to 6pm.
- Houston BrisketU BBQ Class at SpindleTap Brewery – In this class for greenhorns and experienced grillers alike, you will learn from accomplished and renowned pitmasters the art of smoking brisket from start to finish, from point to flat. $119. 11am to 2pm.
- Kids Day at the Park at Carl Barton, Jr. Baseball Park | FREE – Bring the whole family out to the Conroe baseball complex for a Kids Day festival featuring moonwalks, a rock wall, train and pony rides, a petting zoo and more. 11am to 2pm.
- Fall Craft Market at Houston Center for Contemporary Craft | No Cover – The Museum District outpost for contemporary craft artists hosts a local artisan and maker market where you can shop crafts and goods while enjoying artist demonstrations, food and music. 11am to 3pm.
- Anniversary Party at True Anomaly Brewing | No Cover – The award-winning brewery founded by 4 guys from NASA celebrates another year around the sun with an all-day celebration, complete with tasty beer, bottle releases, food, music, tattoos, face-painting, and fun. Join blind beer tasting competition and you may take home a $200 case of mixed bottles. 11am to 1am.
- Dance & Move with Young Audiences of Houston at Levy Park | FREE – Learn to combine elements of dance, music and theatre while expressing yourself through creative movement at the Greenway Plaza-area park. 1pm.
- The Craft Project at Smither Park | FREE – Ahead of the Orange Show’s 41st Gala, you can chip in by helping create unique art to decorate the folk art destination. Food trucks, live music and beer samples will also be on hand. 1pm to 5pm.
- heART in the Garden at Houston Botanic Garden – Join artist Sarah Gish to learn about mandalas, then go foraging for your own pieces of foliage picked from the garden to create your own unique nature mandala. $20. 2pm to 4pm.
- All Things Campari Cocktail Making Class at Blossom Hotel Houston – Get in the mood for Houston’s Negroni Week while learning to make 2 stellar cocktails made with Campari, including a Negroni, at a special 90-minute cocktail class at the new boutique hotel near the Museum District. $30 includes the class, 3 cocktails, and light bites. 3pm.
- Combat Sports Coverage presents Men’s Grappling Tournament at Southern Star Brewery – The Conroe brewery hosts a Saturday night of men’s grappling competition in a submission-only tournament. $40. 4pm to 9pm.
- Hemptember Market at Railway Heights Market | No Cover – Celebrate the arrival of fall with this hemp-focused market bustling with more than 40 local vendors, a live DJ, food and drink, dancing and plenty of good vibes. Shop sweets, jewelry, apparel, tarot and more. Free admission; $25 for a High Pass that includes a goodie bag with more than $100 of products from sponsors. 4pm to 10pm.
- Found & Made Opening Reception at Archway Gallery | FREE – Best known for his figurative sculptures, artists Damon Thomas unveils a different direction in this latest exhibition, in which he focuses on the beauty and fragility of the natural world. Light bites and wine will be available, and the artist will give a talk at 6:30pm. 5pm to 8pm.
- LetsDoThisHouston: Night Light Bike Ride to Post Houston – All skill levels are welcome at this three-hour cruise through the streets of Houston, ending at Post Houston for food, drinks and fun. $10; $27.50 with bike rental. 6pm.
- Music Night on the Strand with The Fab 5 in Downtown Galveston | FREE – Head to Saengerfest Park in Downtown Galveston for a night of sixties hits from the famed Beatles cover band, the Fab 5. 6pm to 8pm.
- Panic! At the Disco in Concert at Toyota Center – The emo pop project of Brendon Urie is back on tour and better than ever following the release of their seventh studio album, Viva Las Vengeance. $30.50 and up. 7pm.
- Kindred Stories presents Josie Pickens at the Concepts Studio – Near Downtown, author Josie Pickens will read from her essay, “Party of One,” which is included in the anthology, Sex and the Single Woman. Following the reading is a discussion and book signing, and wine and light bites will be available. Free to attend; $16.99 for a copy of Sex and the Single Woman for the signing. 7pm.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. Sporting KC at PNC Stadium – In one of the final home matches of the regular season, the Dynamo look to get one over on an old rival from Kansas City. $17 and up. 7:30pm.
- Jack Harlow with City Girls in Concert at 713 Music Hall – One of the hottest in the hip-hop game is making his way down south to the Bayou City in support of his newest release, Come Home the Kids Miss You. $56 and up. 7:45pm.
- World Naked Bike Ride at Super Happy Fun Land | FREE – The Houston leg of this global bike ride (which was co-founded by comedian Bill Hicks) sends riders around town baring as much as they dare, raising awareness of the vulnerability that bicyclists face while on the road. 8pm.
- Stereolab in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The dreamy avant pop group is stopping in Houston on their North American Tour in support of Pulse of the Early Brain, the fifth addition to their Switched On compilation series. $37.50 and up. 8pm.
- Tommy “C. Thomas” Howell in Concert at Warehouse Live – The actor known for his roles in Francis Ford Coppola’s The Outsiders and Criminal Minds brings his latest musical journey to the stage in EaDo. $30 and up. 8pm.
- DaCamera presents Somi’s Zenzile: The Reimagination of Miriam Makeba at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Award-winning jazz vocalist Somi takes the stage in Hermann Park for a night of tribute to South African singer and activist Miriam Makeba. 8pm.
- Alec Benjamin in Concert at Bayou Music Center – Indie pop singer-songwriter Alex Benjamin brings his (Un)Commentary Tour to Bayou Music Center in Theater District for one night only. $35. 8pm.
- Kinky Circus & Artist Market at Numbers Nightclub – Shop from unique local artists and vendors while you enjoy a night at the circus with live performers, circus acts, and more fun at the legendary H-Town venue. $35 for ages 21 and up; $40 for ages 18 and up. 8pm to 1:30am.
- Yulia Niko DJ Set at Bauhaus – House music DJ Yulia Niko is joined by Dove City and Gauge for a Saturday night set at the Downtown venue, Bauhaus. $10 and up. 10pm to 2am.
Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Sunday Funday Destinations Around Greater Houston – Not sure where to get your midday Sunday good vibes on? Find the best daytime destinations to wrap up your weekends—or keep them going in this case of this long Labor Day Weekend around the H-Town metro—in EaDo and the East End, Montrose’s Westheimer Curve, Lazybrook / Timbergrove, Shady Acres, Arts District Houston, River Oaks District, The Woodlands, Clear Lake, the “Gayborhood” and other LGBTQ+ favorites, and more. Times vary.
- Parent & Child: Tea Time on the Hogwarts Express at Central Market – Working as a team, you and kiddos will create some of the most enticing afternoon treats offered on the train to Hogwarts, like Pumpkin Pasties, Hagrid’s Rock Cakes and Honeydukes Chocolate-Peanut Butter Crunch Bon-Bons. Tickets for 1 parent and 2 children remain for $60 per person; ages 7 to 17 only. 11am to 1pm.
- Houston Texans vs. Indianapolis Colts at NRG Stadium – The Texans open the 2022 NFL season at home against division rivals from Indy. $69 and up. Noon.
- HTX Market Second Sunday at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. | No Cover – Enjoy a tasty craft beer and pizza from Satellite of Pizza while supporting small businesses, makers, artists, and artisans at this monthly market in the Heights. 1pm to 5pm.
- Ritual Light: Making Chanukah Menorahs at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston – In conjunction with the latest exhibition, Beauty and Ritual: Judaica from the Jewish Museum, New York, MFAH hosts an afternoon discussion of the galleries, followed by an activity where guests will create their own menorah using found objects of wood, stone and glass. Included with general admission, which is $19; $12 for ages 13 to 18; free for ages 12 and under. 1:30pm to 3:30pm.
- Restorative Yoga & Sound Bath at Houston Botanic Garden – Jessica Garcia of Chandra Yoga guides participants through a relaxing yoga session, while Susie Hernandez of Gongsia Sacred Sound Sessions provides a live soundscape of gongs, crystal singing bowls, and chimes to support a meditative mindstate and relaxed body. $40. 2pm to 3:30pm.
- The Divine Darlings Burly Soirée at 8th Wonder Distillery – Check out an afternoon of lace and leather, glitz and glamour with six incredible burlesque performers at 8th Wonder Distillery. $15 and up. 2pm to 4pm.
- Vice DJ Set at Clé Day & Night – Dive into a poolside DJ set from LA-native, Vice. $10. 2pm to 8pm.
- Curator Talk: Natalie Dupêcher on Meret Oppenheim at the Menil Collection | FREE – The Menil’s Associate Curator of Modern Art Natalie Dupêcher speaks about the Swiss artist, Meret Oppenheim, and her assemblage and collage work of the late 1960s and 1970s, on display in Meret Oppenheim: My Exhibition, which closes next week. 3pm to 3:30pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Angel City FC at PNC Stadium – The brand new expansion franchise out of Los Angeles makes a stop in Houston for the second-to-last home game of the year. $12 and up. 6pm.
- John Anderson in Concert at Main Street Crossing – The storied country artist brings his singer-songwriter tales to the stage in Tomball. $143 and up. 7pm.
- Vein.fm in Concert at the Secret Group – Out of Boston, this hardcore punk band takes over the Secret Group venue in EaDo. $18 in advance; $20 at the door. 7pm.
- Pitbull with Sean Paul in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Mr. Worldwide, Mr. 305 is bringing the party to the Woodlands, and you can’t stop him on his Can’t Stop Us Now Tour. $29 and up. 8pm.
- The Lab at Leon’s Lounge Comedy Open Mic Night | FREE – The Midtown bar plays host to a weekly comedy open mic event featuring hot six-minute sets from a variety of local comics. Sign-ups start at 7:30pm. 8pm to midnight.
- 9th Anniversary Snowball at Barbarella – Celebrate the ninth anniversary of the Midtown dance club at a snowball-themed event where ’80s school dance attire is encouraged. The first 100 to arrive will receive an anniversary edition t-shirt. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).
Add an Event, Offer or Attraction
Have a truly unique event, attraction, or offering that we missed? Let us know at [email protected] or order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day (usually sooner). We also have more robust campaigns that will move the needle in attendance for concerts, festivals, markets, attractions, restaurants, and more. Contact us at [email protected] to learn more.