Updated Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 7:07pm
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Monday, August 29 to Sunday, September 4, 2022.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston This Week: Monday, August 29 to Sunday, September 4, 2022
- Houston Restaurant Weeks at Multiple Locations | Daily | Final Week – H-Town’s biggest food event of the year winds on Labor Day, September 5, 2022 as 200+ local restaurants offer up special fixed price meals for brunch, lunch and dinner (and even to-go), with a set dollar donation from each meal sold benefiting the Houston Food Bank. $25 for brunch and lunch; $39 to $55 for dinners. Times and prices vary by location.
- Bad Bunny in Concert at Minute Maid Park | Thursday & Friday – The reggaeton rapper brings his chart-topping album Un Verano Sin Ti to the juicebox for back-to-back nights. Alesso opens the show. $125 and up, but you may find hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- 10th Annual BIG Salsa Festival Houston 2022 at Westin Galleria Houston | Friday to Sunday – Embrace all things salsa—including Latin dance parties that last into the wee hours of the morning—at the a three day event and celebration at The Galleria. Noon to 4am nightly.
- Pride Galveston 2022 on Galveston Island | Friday to Sunday – Celebrate Pride down island with a Friday night kickofff, Saturday beach day, and Sunday pool party at Galveston’s oldest gay bar. Times vary.
- Red, White & Bayou Texas Music Festival & Tailgate in Downtown Dickinson | Saturday & Sunday – Returning for the first time since Hurricane Harvey, the City of Dickinson’s annual music festival fills Labor Day weekend with live music, boutique markets, a cook-off competition, kids zone and more. $10 and up. Times vary.
Monday, August 29, 2022
- Cafe La Trova Takeover at Julep | No Cover – Toss back Miami cocktails when the founder of the city’s Cuban Cafe La Trove and his team takeover the popular Washington Ave bar, accompanied by a small food menu, live Cuban music on the patio, and more. 7pm to 10pm.
- Top Gun Maverick Movie Screening at Neil’s Bahr | No Cover – The EaDo gaming dive bar promised to meet your “need for speed” with an indoor showing of the summer’s biggest action hit on its big screen, plus free pizza to boot while it lasts. 8pm.
- Superbad Movie Screening at Axelrad | FREE – Catch an outdoor showing of the hilarious high school movie that introduced the world to McLovin when Axelrad screens the 2007 comedy classic starring Michael Cera, Jonah Hill, and Emma Stone. 9pm.
Tuesday, August 30, 2022
- Bros-Mobile Pop-Up Movie Theater at JR’s Bar | FREE – Get a sneak peek at an exclusive preview of Bros, the upcoming gay rom-com created by and starring Billy Eichner, when the the Bros-Mobile Pop-Up Movie Theater rolls into the gayborhood and sets up at JR’s. 6pm to midnight.
- Helado Negro at White Oak Music Hall – Ecuadorean American indie rock sensation Helado Negro is stopping in Houston on a tour almost two years in the making, following his 2021 release, Far In. $23 and up. 7pm.
- The Office Trivia at Mo’s Irish Pub Cypress | No Cover – Demonstrate your Dunder Mifflin dominance at an evening of trivia and wine The Office goodies and Mo’s gift cards. 7pm.
- Kehlani at Bayou Music Center – Sail away with Kehlani when she makes a stop in Houston, bringing Rico Nasty along, on her Blue Water RoadTour. $69 and up. 8pm.
Wednesday, August 31, 2022
- 1/2 Priced Burgers & Eat Outside Day at Front Porch Pub – Knock 50% off your burger order and chow down on the patio at the Midtown pub perched just before the bend where Gray Street turns into West Gray. 11am to midnight.
- The Sandlot Trivia at Ingenious Brewing Company | No Cover – Find the perfect reason to exclaim, “You’re killing me, Smalls,” at the Humble brewery’s Sandlot-focused Wednesday night trivia sesh. 7pm.
- Secret Walls presents Support Your Local Artist (SYLA) Tour at Karbach Brewing Company | FREE – LA-based live arts entertainment brand Secret Walls brings its 30+ city tour featuring high-energy physical illustration and design battles between local art talent to Karbach for one night only. Featured Houston artists and muralists include Ghoul Shack, Alex Arzu, Nicky Davis, Tarbox and more. Doors at 7pm; show at 8pm.
- Cuco at 713 Music Hall – Cali Chicano Cuco is coming to the 7-1-3 with tunes ranging from experimental synth pop to cumbia rock on his Fantasy Gateway Tour. $33 and up. 8pm.
- Jade Novah at Warehouse Live – After gaining popularity from her covers of pop and R&B hits on YouTube, Jade Novah hits the stage in Houston performing original music. $25. 8pm.
- Sidewalk Session at The Proletariat in Galveston | FREE – The popular art gallery and pub at the corner of Market and 23rd streets in downtown Galveston spills out onto the sidewalk with free live music and bubbles. 8:30pm to 9:30pm.
Thursday, September 1, 2022
- Feel Good Market at the Ion | No Cover – Explore the artisan goods, crafts, and treats while enjoying live music, sipping on drinks, and noshing on tasting bites on the plaza at the Ion. 5pm to 8pm.
- First Thursday on Mid Main – The monthly block party series returns with a night of live music, DJs, drink specials and free Saint Arnold brews on the Mid Main block off Alabama Street. Garden party cover is $10. 6pm to 10pm.
- Imagine Dragons at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Grammy Award–winning pop rock band Imagine Dragons will be in the Woodlands touting a “sonically different” sound found on their newest Rick Ruben–produced record, Mercury Act 2. $103 and up. 6:30pm.
- Kid Cudi in Concert at Toyota Center – The Man on the Moon rapper lands in H-Town on his first tour in five years. $39.50 and up. 7pm.
- Painting On The Patio Thursday At Belle Station – Sip a drink and create your masterpiece while chilling to the tunes of DJ Dolo in Midtown. $22 includes all supplies. 8pm to 10pm
- Open Mic Comedy Night at Social Beer Garden | No Cover – Show up for a night of amateur comedy, or try your hand yourself and get a free drink. 8pm to 11pm.
- Rhythm Society at Trash Panda Drinking Club – Groove or dance to the rhythm as Trash Panda in the Near Northside presents a 6-DJ rotation featuring RaqqCity, CharleeBrown, Denali, LC, Brody Musick, and LowKey. 9pm to 2am.
- Bad Bunny Official After Party: DJ Orma at Rise Rooftop – Bad Bunny’s official DJ keeps the party going above Midtown, following the first of two Minute Maid Park concerts, for the 18 and up crowd. $40 to $75. 10pm to 2am.
Friday, September 2, 2022
- Thorn & Moon Magickal Market at Raven Tower | No Cover – On the grounds of White Oak Music Hall, this unique market features talented performers, authors, and guests that are on hand while you shop wares from local artisans that include artwork, tarot, oddities, and other goods of the mystical and occult. 6pm to 11pm.
- Summer BBQ Series with No Label Beer at Pinstripes – The chef team from the upscale Upper Kirby restaurant, bar and bowling alley serves up barbecue dishes alongside No Label brews and live music by Carin. $45. 6:30pm.
- Sunset Concert with Rick Trevino at Margaritaville Lake Resort – Wrap up summer with a lakeside concert featuring Texas artist Rick Trevino and up-and-coming country artists north of Conroe. $25; $10 for ages 10 and under. 6:30pm to 10pm.
- LetsDoThisHouston: ’90s Night Light Bike Ride – Embark from Third Ward on a 2-hour on a light-covered and enjoy classic ’90s R&B . $28.50; $11 with your own bike. 7:30pm.
- First Friday Caribbean Style Reggae at House of Blues – Join My Soul Rebel for the monthly Caribbean shindig in the Foundation Room at the House of Blues, with live Caribbean music and a DJ spinning after until close. $15. 7pm to 2am.
- New Vintage at Shady Acres Saloon | No Cover – Catch a live show from the bluegrass favorite New Vintage in The Heights. 8:30pm.
- Drew Gros in Concert at The Barn at The Frio | No Cover – Country singer, “The Drewbadour” entertains at the newest live music destination in Cypress. 8:30pm.
- Jungle Live Set at Warehouse Live – Dance as British electronic music collective, Jungle, takes the stage in EaDo, with Paul Cherry opening. $35. 9pm.
- Salon Recordings’ XXX Pleasures DJ Tour at Paradise Palace – The LA-based label continues its 3-city Texas tour, bringing DJs Damar Davis, Sevyn, and Charles Moon—joined by Oye Manny for the Houston stop—to the bright and shiny new club in EaDo. Cover TBD. 9pm to 2am.
- Bad Bunny Official After Party: DJ Orma at Clé Day & Night – Bad Bunny’s official DJ keeps the party going for a second night in Midtown, following Bad Bunny’s final Minute Maid Park concert, for ages 21 and up only. $40 to $60. 10pm to 2am.
- Heist Friday at Space Nightclub – Dance to live DJs, a full bar, and more at the clubbed tucked away in a Midtown warehouse. No cover with RSVP before 11pm; cover afterwards TBD. 10pm to 2am.
- Ilario Alicante DJ Set at Bauhaus – Dance to the techno tunes by Italian DJ and product Ilario Alicante at the sleek Downtown dance club. 10pm to 2am.
- What So Not at Stereo Live – Aussie EDM producer runs the decks at Stereo Live in West Houston. $11. 10pm to 2am.
Saturday, September 3, 2022
- The Game Drillmatic Pool Party at Sekai – Plan ahead and reserve your table or space around the pool at the EaDo club, with a full brunch and dinner menu all day, DJs spinning hip hop and R&B, and day swims. $40; $60 VIP. 1pm to 8pm.
- Artisans Market & Nosh Fest at B-52 Brewing | No Cover – Shop more than 55 artisan vendors and small businesses at the expansive outdoor brewery in Conroe. 3pm to 8pm.
- Platform Disco at Fitzcarraldo | No Cover – The East End cocktail patio bar that makes you feel like you’re in a far away tropical destination welcomes Andy the Savage, who’ll be spinning tunes from disco to house and back, while Umbrella Fellas serve up burgers and dogs. 7pm until close.
- Lauv in Concert at 713 Music Hall – “To be drunk and in love in New York City…” Pop singer Lauv, best known for the hit “I Like Me Better”, plays a single show at the music hall inside Post. $40.50 and up. 7:30pm.
- Devin the Dude at Last Concert Café – Hustle town hero, Devin the Dude, is bringing the vibes and the rhymes to Last Concert Café near Downtown. $25 and up. 8pm.
- Footloose Saturday at Barbarella – The Midtown club’s weekly ’80s videos night never ceases to entertain, with a packed dance floor and screens throughout showing classic MTV videos from the likes of Blondie, The B-52’s, New Order, and more. Cover TBD 9:30pm to 2am.
- Labor Day Weekend: DJ Danny Verde at ReBar | No Cover – The sought after DJ and Billboard Dance chart-topper comes to this Montrose dance floor for a Labor Day Weekend celebration at the LGBTQ+ favorite in Montrose. 10pm to 2am.
- Eats Everything at Bauhaus – Joined by Undercatt and Dove City, the English EDM DJ and producer, Eats Everything, controls the decks at Bauhaus in Downtown. $10 and up. 10pm to 2am.
- Snakehips DJ Set at Rise Rooftop – The British electronic music duo comprised of Oliver Lee and James Carter riff on popular artists like Banks, The Weeknd, Bondax, and Wild Belle in Midtown. $15 and up. 10pm to 2am.
- First Saturday: ’80s Synthpop & New Wave at Etro | No Cover – DJ Rice Cube spins synthesized ’80s faves at the Downtown nightlife mainstay. 10pm to 2am.
- Bewitched: Bad Acid 303 Birthday Bash at Numbers Nightclub – Dance to dark music from around the world when Bewitched DJs from both Houston and San Antonio come together to throw a wicked party for the Bewitched founder. Cover TBD. 10pm to 2am.
- Sunday Funday Destinations Around Greater Houston – Not sure where to get your midday Sunday good vibes on? Find the best daytime destinations to wrap up your weekends—or keep them going in this case of this long Labor Day Weekend around the H-Town metro—in EaDo and the East End, Montrose’s Westheimer Curve, Lazybrook / Timbergrove, Shady Acres, Arts District Houston, River Oaks District, The Woodlands, Clear Lake, the “Gayborhood” and other LGBTQ+ favorites, and more. Times vary.
- 5th Annual Taste of the Caribbean Festival at the Crown Festival Park – The Taste of the Caribbean Festival returns with a day celebrating delicious Caribbean food, live Caribbean music, Caribbean arts and culture, and family fun at the Sugar Land public park. $20. 2pm to 10pm.
- 8th Wonder Comedy Hour featuring Steve Cantwell at The Secret Group – Comedian Steve Cantwell headlines a Sunday evening comedy showcase of local talent, also featuring Chelby Morgan, Eric Green, and Doug Allen and hosted by Luis Dejesus. All tickets include an 8th Wonder beer and take-home souvenir glass. $10. 6pm to 8pm; comedy at 6:30pm.
- So Long Summer: Labor Day Party at Mo’s Irish Pub Cypress | No Cover – Turn up for your last summer Sunday with this Labor Day bash featuring live music from Purple Moon and Billy Pope. 6pm to 9pm.
- Labor Day Sunday on the Terrace: Morgan Page at Stereo Live – Hit the terrace at Stereo Live for a Labor Day Sunday performance from DJ and producer Morgan Page. $10. 6pm to 10pm.
- Comedian Ku Egenti: One Night Only at the Secret Group – Houston’s own stand-up comic presents a comedy showcase featuring comedians Kate Vance and Kristi Kroll. $15. 7:30pm.
- The Lab: Comedy Open Mic at Leon’s Lounge | FREE – Each Sunday, local comics grab the mic for hot six-minute sets in one of Houston’s oldest bars, preceded by happy hour specials from 4pm to 8pm with $4 wells and house wines and $15 domestic buckets. If you’d like to try your hand at the open mic, sign up to participate at 7:30pm. 8pm to midnight.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).