Updated Tuesday, August 16 at 6:12pm
Find the perfect things to do in H-Town with our Weekend Guide for Thursday, August 18 to Sunday, August 21, 2022.
Add an Event, Offer or Attraction
Have an event, attraction, or offering that we missed? Let us know at [email protected] or order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day (usually sooner). Contact us at [email protected] to learn more.
Things to Do All Weekend Long
- Houston Restaurant Weeks at Multiple Locations | Daily – H-Town’s biggest food event of the year continues as 200+ local restaurants offer up special fixed price meals for brunch, lunch and dinner (and even to-go), with a set dollar donation from each meal sold benefiting the Houston Food Bank. $25 for brunch and lunch; $39 to $55 for dinners. Times vary by location.
- Comedian JR De Guzman at the Improv | Thursday to Saturday – The multi-talented comedian and musician from the Philippines brings his unique stage show to the Improv that combines his signature laughs with stories of culture and his family from around the world. Tickets are sold by the table; $40 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- DaCamera presents Houston SummerJazz 2022 at Multiple Venues | Friday & Saturday – This 2-day festival brings a trio of Grammy-nominated jazz artists—Jazzmeia Horn, Pedrito Martinez Group (you can secure up to 4 free tickets if you email now), and Joshua Redman—to stages in Downtown’s Theater District. Free opening and closing concerts also take place at Market Square Park, featuring the Jalen Baker Quartet on Friday and a free Latin jazz dance party with Pedrito Martinez Group on Saturday. Times vary.
- Banksyland at The Space HTX | Friday & Saturday – The international touring exhibition comes to Houston for a limited stay (ending on Saturday), offering visitors the opportunity to view more than 80 works by the enigmatic graffiti and street artist. $30 and up. Times vary.
- NobleMotion Dance presents An Intimate Act at MATCH | Friday & Saturday – See NobleMotion Dance up-close and personal at the MATCH for a heartfelt performance of An Intimate Act. $35. Times vary.
- The Riot Comedy Show presents Kelsey Cook at Rudyard’s British Pub | Friday & Saturday – For back-to-back nights, the touring stand-up comedian and podcast co-host of Self-Helpless with fellow comics Taylor Tomlinson and Delanie Fischer, will bring her latest material to Rudyard’s upstairs stage. $17 and up. Times vary.
- Delta H Con at Houston Marriott Westchase | Friday to Sunday – The Westchase Marriott hosts an anime convention that includes guest appearances form voice actors, cosplay, gaming, panels and more. $35 and up. Times vary.
- MultiSport Festival at Lago Mar Lagoon | Saturday & Sunday – Participate in the Road Run 5k and 10, the Youth Triathlon, or a Youth and Adult Aquathon as Lagoonfest Texas host the Lago Mar MultiSport Fest. $30 and up. 6am to 7pm.
- Backyard Jamboree at Truck Yard Houston | Saturday & Sunday – Get into tequila-spiked watermelon kegs, beer buckets and carnival games at the EaDo bar’s weekend-long Backyard Jamboree. Noon to 6pm or later.
- Viva Mexico: Pure Feeling in Concert at Wortham Center | Saturday & Sunday – Experience some of the most beloved Mexican music with the two Mexican singers, Fernando de la Mora and Olivia Gorra, the PanAmerican Philharmonic Orchestra, Mariachi Champaña Nevin, a Grand Choir, and the Anita Martinez folkloric ballet, under the baton of Maestro Héctor Guzmán. $39 and up. Saturday 7:30pm; Sunday 2pm.
- Kevin Gates in Concert at 713 Music Hall | Saturday & Sunday – Baton Rouge rapper Kevin Gates performs back-to-back nights at Post Houston in Downtown. $45 and up. 8pm.
- Jazz Funerals of New Orleans at National Museum of Funeral History | Daily – Explore the storied, musical traditions of one of New Orleans’ most unique cultural practices at the popular Jazz Funerals of New Orleans exhibit at the North Houston funeral museum. Times vary.
Texas Wine Country Getaways, Best Restaurants for Wings & Other Destinations
- Texas Hill Country & Wine Country Getaways in Fredericksburg – Check out our getaway guide to the upcoming season in Fredericksburg, with grape harvest events, Labor Day ideas, and more.
- Essential Wing Spots in Houston – Discover seven of the city’s best places for juicy, fried chicken wings (plus an all-vegan option) at spots across Houston.
- Study Spots Across Houston – With the semester upon us, find a new spot to study and get work done at coffee shops and more across Houston.
- Summer Markets in Greater Houston – Shop local and fresh from the farm with our guide to weekly and monthly markets taking place in all corners of Greater Houston.
- Limited Time Museum Exhibits & Art Installations Around Greater Houston | Daily | Many FREE – Explore the many striking, stunning, and diverse exhibits exploring history, science, art, culture, and creativity around the Greater Houston metro area.
Ongoing Theater Shows & Arts Performances
Many plays, musicals, and other stage shows span multiple weeks. Scroll down to find new shows opening this week, then ongoing performances, followed by shows that are wrapping up this weekend.
- Clue at Alley Theatre | Daily | Ongoing – The Alley Theatre presents a live stage production inspired by the classic cult whodunit movie and board game, Clue. Murder and blackmail are on the menu at a dinner party when six guests assemble at Boddy Manor for a night they’ll never forget… if they make it out alive. Was it Mrs. Peacock in the study with the knife? Or Colonel Mustard in the library with the wrench? $30 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Stages presents Dream: The Music of the Everly Brothers at the Gordy | Daily | Ongoing – With their tight harmonies and songs that unmistakably captured the innocence of young love, the Everly Brothers left an enduring legacy on music, which DREAM explores through their story and 25 of their songs. $30 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Dirt Dogs Theatre presents Shakin’ the Blue Flamingo at MATCH | Thursday to Saturday | Final Weekend – A group of nontraditional women get together to organize an LGBTQ prom. But when one of their sorority sisters turns up, determined to romance the love of her life, their plans are thrown into chaos. $25. Showtimes vary.
- Broadway Across America presents Mean Girls at Hobby Center | Daily | Final Weekend – Based on the beloved movie created by the mind of Tina Fey, this musical finds Cady Heron, raised on the African savanna, trying to adjust to life in suburban Illinois. Hilarity ensues as she attempts to figure out high school social hierarchy and gain entry to the popular kids’ group. $40 and up. Showtimes vary.
Tickets to Houston Pro Sports Games
- Houston Astros Home Games at Minute Maid Park | 2022 Tickets on Sale | Sponsored − Save on 2022 Astros games with cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats on the online resale market.
- Houston Dynamo Home Games at PNC Stadium | 2022 Tickets on Sale | Sponsored − Save on 2022 Dynamo games with cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats on the online resale market.
- Houston Texans Home Games at NRG Stadium | 2022 Tickets on Sale | Sponsored – Save on 2022 Texans games with cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats on the online resale market.
Thursday, August 18, 2022
- National Fajita Day at Spanish Village – The Tex-Mex institution will be offering a major discount for National Fajita Day, offering its beef fajita platter for two (regularly $54.95) for $29.99 along with free churros. 8am to 9pm.
- Steak Night at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. | No Cover – Chef Daniel Ajtai from Yong at Finn Hall shows off his culinary skills on an open flame and offers up a menu featuring Korean ribeye steak and more at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. in Shady Acres. 5:30pm to 9pm.
- Ping Pong Social at Providence Heights Bar – All skill levels are welcome to play some ping pong, Mario Kart, and video and board games at Providence Heights on 20th Street. 6pm.
- Urban Harvest’s Cultivators Kickoff: Curated Cocktails at Christopher Martin Gallery – The Upper Kirby gallery welcomes the good folks from Urban Harvest as they launch their new perk-filled Cultivators membership group with an event showcasing food by Chef German Mosquera and cocktails by Joseph Seahorn. $25; free with Cultivators annual membership of $125 for individuals or $225 for couples. 6pm to 8pm.
- Get Fit Thursday at Urban South HTX Brewery | No Cover – Join in with the weekly run club for a night run followed by yoga. Everyone gets a free beer and discounts on more pours. 6:15pm.
- Amandi Pascali & the Family in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – The Upper Kirby stage welcomes the folk singer-songwriter, Amanda Pascali, along with special guests for a live set. $30. 7pm.
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off Movie Screening at First Colony Mall | FREE – Catch a screening of the 1986 classic starring Matthew Broderick for a wild one-day journey through the streets of Chicago. 7pm.
- Trivia Night at Southern Star Brewery | No Cover – The Conroe brewery hosts a night of trivia from The Craft Quiz Co. 7pm.
- Family Evening Explorations at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center – Spend the evening exploring the trails on a guided nature walk and learn more about the Houston Arboretum’s different habitats as well as the local flora and fauna found there. $10. 6:30pm.
- Karaoke Night at the Secret Group | FREE – Sing your heart out at the EaDo comedy club’s Thursday night karaoke with drink specials flowing all night long. 10pm.
- Blanket Bingo at Market Square Park – Bring your blanket, lawn chairs, or snag one of the tables at the park for a night of music, great prizes, and of course, bingo at Market Square Park. $10. 6pm.
- The Art of Fufu at Central Market – Food Ambassador Kavachi will introduce you to the terminology, traditions, cooking methods, and rich flavors of the West African comfort food, Fufu. $70. 6:30pm.
- More Great Things to Do All Weekend Long – Some of the biggest things to do are happening all weekend long. Scroll up and see our list, or browse Houston Experiences to save on museum passes, tours, and more.
Friday, August 19, 2022
- Summer Science Shakedown at Children’s Museum Houston – Wrap up the summer break with the Children’s Museum’s all-day science programming where kids can learn about sound vibrations, earthquakes, standing waves, and polymers with workshops and crafts. $15 for ages 1 and up. 10am to 6pm.
- Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Poison & Joan Jett in Concert at Minute Maid Park – Legends of arena rock join forces for a supersized show at Minute Maid Park, featuring Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Poison, and Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. $59 and up. 4:30pm.
- Houston SummerJazz Kickoff: Jalen Baker Quarter at Market Square Park | FREE – The Jalen Baker Quartet opens the 2022 Houston SummerJazz concert series in Downtown’s Market Square Park. 6pm.
- The Art of Fufu Food Art Show at Texas Southern University – The delicious African dish takes center stage at the Art of Fufu Art Show on the campus of Texas Southern University. This event will showcase fufu-inspired artwork, cooking demonstrations, and of course, tastings. 6pm to 10pm.
- Incubus in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Catch a live set from the rock band, Incubus along with Sublime with Rome and The Aquadolls at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. 7pm.
- Spread the Jam! at East End Backyard – The dog-friendly patio bar in Eastwood hosts an open mic. Bring your own instruments or use the ones at the bar. 7:30pm to 11pm.
- Robert Earl Keen in Concert at the Grand 1894 Opera House in Galveston – The legendary Texas singer-songwriter brings his farewell tour through Galveston for the final time. Tickets are sold out at the venue, but you may find hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork marketplace. 8pm.
- Latin Party & Fashion Show at the Foundation Room at House of Blues – This Latin party and fashion show showcases art as well as local brands and boutiques to raise money for back-to-school families in need at House of Blues. $15 and up. 8pm.
- Prince Tribute: The Purple Xperience at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Led by Marshall Charloff, this five-piece out of Minneapolis brings the many hits of the singular pop superstar to the stage in Hermann Park. 8:15pm.
- Austin Meade in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – White Oak Music Hall welcomes Texas indie artist Austin Meade on their upstairs stage. $15. 9pm.
- Classic Numbers Night at Numbers Nightclub – Dance the night away to the hits of the ’80s with music from the Smiths, the Cure, and more at the always-eclectic Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- More Great Things to Do All Weekend Long – Some of the biggest things to do in Houston are happening all weekend long. Scroll up to see our list, or browse Houston Experiences to save on museum passes, tours, and more.
Add Your Event
Don’t see your event? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day. Or contact our advertising team to learn about larger campaigns, including bulk and discount options.