Updated Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 1:50pm
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Monday, August 8 to Sunday, August 14, 2022.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston This Week: Monday, August 8 to Sunday, August 14, 2022
- Houston Restaurant Weeks at Multiple Locations | Daily – H-Town’s biggest food event of the year continues as 200+ local restaurants offer up special fixed price meals for brunch, lunch and dinner (and even to-go), with a set dollar donation from each meal sold benefiting the Houston Food Bank. $25 for brunch and lunch; $39 to $55 for dinners. Times vary by location.
- Night Market at Montrose Marketplace | Friday to Sunday | No Cover – Once the sun starts to dip behind the horizon, browse food truck bites and local vendor goodies at the bustling evening marketplace in the heart of Montrose. 6pm to 11pm each night.
Monday, August 8, 2022
- Margarita Monday at Wakefield Crowbar | No Cover – Dust away the Monday with $2 soft tacos, $6 loaded nachos, and $5 Hornitos margs at the Garden Oaks/Oak Forest watering hole. 4pm to midnight.
- The Corral Comedy Open Mic at The Secret Group | No Cover – Catch local comedians trying out new material over drinks at the comedy mainstay in EaDo. 10pm to 11:30pm.
- Magic & Burlesque: 50 Shades of Gold at AvantGarden – Local cabaret show, 50 Shades of Gold, brings Roaring ’20s-inspired live magic and burlesque to the eclectic Montrose bar tucked away off Westheimer. $15. 10:15pm.
Tuesday, August 9, 2022
- Tacos & Trivia Tuesday at True Anomaly Brewing | No Cover – Try your hand at trivia at the popular EaDo brewery founded by four guys from NASA, with tasty tacos and more available for purchase. 7:30pm.
Wednesday, August 10, 2022
- Game Night at Pur Noire Urban Wineries | No Cover – Sip on vino while playing Jenga, card games, and more at this Downtown wine spot. 5pm to 9pm.
- Raising the Steaks Wednesday at Bottled Blonde | No Cover – Belly up for steaks and drinks at the Washington Ave hotspot’s weekly steak night. Happy hour to 7pm. 6pm to 11pm.
- Sixties Mania Show at Post Houston – The Fab 5 head up to Post’s Skylawn for a groovy night of sixties classics from bands like the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Motown, the Kinks and much more. $20. 8pm.
Thursday, August 11, 2022
- Comedian Celeste Barber at 713 Music Hall – Australian comedian, actor and writer Celeste Barber brings her Fine, Thanks Tour stateside, landing at Post Houston’s venue in Downtown. $50.50 and up. 7pm.
- Father John Misty in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Fresh off the release of his fifth studio album, Chloë and the Next 20th Century, indie singer-songwriter Father John Misty graces the downstairs stage at White Oak. $49.99. 7pm.
Friday, August 12, 2022
- Mixers & Elixirs at Houston Museum of Natural Science – Get down on the dance floor, pick your potion at the cash bars, and chow down at local food trucks at the Mixers & Elixirs party at Houston Museum of Natural Science. $25. 7pm.
- Jessie James Decker at House of Blues – The reality TV star–turned–country music artist makes her way to Houston to perform her upbeat, country pop hits. $35 and up. 8pm.
- Bobby Biggs Beer & Belly Laughs at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. | No Cover – Comedian Bobby Biggerstaff, who’s appeared on NBC’s Last Comic Standing and Captain Miserable with Dave Attell, grabs the mic at Eureka Heights for a night of drafts and laughs. 8pm to 10pm.
- The Surfrajettes in Concert at Continental Club – The four-piece surf rock instrumental act brings the waves to the Mid-Main block with a show at Continental. $20 and up. 9pm.
Saturday, August 13, 2022
- BAM! Art Market at Silver Street Studios | No Cover – The First Saturday Arts Market and the Market at Sawyer Yards join forces for a mash-up market inside the air-conditioned Silver Street Studios. Stop by to browse more than 100 artist vendors and enjoy live music, food and more. Noon to 8pm.
- 5th Annual Houston Reggae Fest at City Hall – National and local artists take over three stages at the Hermann Square Park reflecting pool for an afternoon of dub and reggae, featuring Gyptian, Kevin Lyttle, the Meditations, Jemere Morgan, and more. $15 and up. 1pm to 10pm.
- The Woodlands Margarita Festival 2022 at Town Green Park – Indulge in some ice cold margaritas in the summer sun while enjoying live music from Ruban Mareno, the Zydeco Re-Evolution, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, live DJs and more. $40 and up. 2pm to 8pm.
- Eric Tessmer in Concert at Rockefeller’s – Austin-based blues guitarist Eric Tessmer brings his axe to the stage for a night of picks and riffs. $18 and up. 8pm.
- Vanessa Zamora in Concert at Warehouse Live – Mexican pop artist Vanessa Zamora heads to EaDo while on the Damaleona tour. $18. 10pm.
- Sunday Funday in the Woodlands – Explore the many ways to enjoy a Sunday Funday full of delicious eats, drinks and Waterway views in the Woodlands. Times vary.
- Sunday Funday & .99 Cent Mimosas at Wakefield Crowbar | No Cover – In the Heights, you can get down to $3 breakfast tacos, $6 Bloody Marys, and 99-cent Mimosas while enjoy live music and eats designed to soak up your Saturday night. 10am to 2pm.
- HypeBeast Fest at J.W. Marriott Houston by the Galleria – Get ready for back-to-school with this streetwear and vintage event where you can buy, sell and trade, plus sign up for giveaways and take in a rap battle contest, and more. $15 and up. Noon to 6pm.
- Bun B’s Trill Burgers Pop-Up at 8th Wonder Brewery – Fresh off being named “Best Burger in America” by Good Morning America, Bun B’s Trill Burgers set up shop at the EaDo brewery for you to get a taste, while supplies last. No cover, but burgers and drinks are on you. Noon to 6pm.
- HTX Market Second Sunday at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. | No Cover – Enjoy a tasty craft beer and pizza from Satellite of Pizza while supporting small businesses, makers, artists, and artisans at the HTX Market Second Sunday. 1pm to 5pm.
- The Lab: Comedy Open Mic at Leon’s Lounge | FREE – Each Sunday, local comics grab the mic for hot six-minute sets in one of Houston’s oldest bars, preceded by happy hour specials from 4pm to 8pm with $4 wells and house wines and $15 domestic buckets. If you’d like to try your hand at the open mic, sign up to participate at 7:30pm. 8pm to midnight.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).