Catch music’s biggest talents at these must-see live shows and concerts around Houston from Monday, August 8 through Sunday, August 14, 2022.
This week, strap on some go-gos for a sixties spectacle, catch a farewell show in Downtown, hear from some indie rock royalty, and check out artists from across genres when they take the stages in H-Town.
Want to dig deeper for live concerts in Houston this month? Check the 365 Houston calendar for additional shows taking place across H-Town.
Top 12 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston This Week
- Los Lobos at the Heights Theater | Wednesday, August 10 – Returning to touring after the death of co-founder Francisco González, Los Lobos brings an evening of their Grammy-winning latest album, Native Sons, along with other fan favorites. Tickets are sold out at the venue, but you may find hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Sixties Mania Show at Post Houston | Wednesday, August 10 – The Fab 5 head up to Post’s Skylawn for a groovy night of sixties classics from bands like the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Motown, the Kinks and much more. $20. 8pm.
- Father John Misty at White Oak Music Hall | Thursday, August 11 – Fresh off the release of his fifth studio album, Chloë and the Next 20th Century, indie singer-songwriter Father John Misty graces the downstairs stage at White Oak. $49.99. 7pm.
- Flatland Cavalry at White Oak Music Hall | Friday, August 12 – Flatland Cavalry brings their Far Out West tour to Northside Houston for a night of their Americana tunes. $25. 7pm.
- Jake Shimabukuro at the Heights Theater | Friday, August 12 – A worldwide phenomenon on the ukulele, who first grabbed attention with a 2005 viral performance of “While My Guitar Gently Weeps,” the Hawaiian-born Jake Shimabukuro performs at the Heights Theater. $24 and up. 8pm.
- Jessie James Decker at House of Blues | Friday, August 12 – The reality TV star–turned–country music artist makes her way to Houston to perform her upbeat, country pop hits. $35 and up. 8pm.
- Teyana Taylor at Bayou Music Center | Friday, August 12 – As her retirement from performing nears, Teyana Taylor gives a farewell performance in Downtown Houston. $34.50 and up. 8pm.
- The Surfrajettes at Continental Club | Friday, August 12 – The four-piece surf rock instrumental act brings the waves to the Mid-Main block with a show at Continental. $20 and up. 9pm.
- Calum Scott at House of Blues | Saturday, August 13 – The English singer-songwriter travels to Downtown Houston following the release of his latest album, Bridges. $25. 8pm.
- Vanessa Zamora at Warehouse Live | Saturday, August 13 – Mexican pop artist Vanessa Zamora heads to EaDo while on the Damaleona tour. $18. 10pm.
- Rick Springfield, Men at Work & John Waite at Smart Financial Centre | Sunday, August 14 – The Grammy-winning musician out of Australia joins forces with fellow natives Men at Work and English singer-songwriter John Waite for an evening of pop rock hits from the ’80s and beyond. $49.50 and up. 7pm.
- Laura Marano at House of Blues | Sunday, August 14 – The musician and actress, known for her role as Ally in Disney’s Austin & Ally, comes to Downtown just weeks after her EP release, Us. $20. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).