Experience a taste of White Linen Night in the Heights at pop-up events and offers throughout the larger neighborhood—all inspired by Houston’s start-of-August tradition—happening on Saturday, August 6, 2022.
Although the once-official White Linen Night is only returning in a limited, scaled-down version (think less “organized block party” and more “collection of separate events”), there is no shortage of events happening around the greater Heights this year.
We’ve pulled together many of the events to keep you busy throughout the evening at White Linen Night in the Heights 2022.
Official Changes for 2022
This year, the event is being positioned as a neighborhood-wide event with entertainment and specials at individual boutiques and shops, art galleries, restaurants and eclectic bars around the Greater Heights. If you do visit 19th Street, don’t expect it to be an exact copy of the event as it existed before the pandemic.
The outdoor First Saturday Arts Market and other collectively arranged entertainment will not be present as in years past, but can be found at the supersized Big Art Market (BAM!) at Silver Studios next week, on Saturday, August 13, 2022.
2022 White Linen Night & WLN-Inspired Events in the Heights
White Linen Night on 19th Street
On Historic 19th Street, many local merchants and restaurants will have pop-up events and entertainment, without the usual white tent market or the infrastructure to support the parties of years past.
- White Linen Night in the Heights | No Cover – The larger event on 19th Street has been officially expanded across the Heights, with individual galleries, boutiques, bars, and more offering specials around the Greater Heights. Some 19th Street pop-ups include the following options.
- White Linen Night at Casa Ramirez | No Cover – Shop culture, browse artwork from Lizbeth Ortiz and other local artists, and hear tunes from the local duo of Jesus and Maria Lozano at the longtime folk art gallery on 19th Street. 5pm to 9pm.
- White Linen Night at Circa Real Estate | No Cover – The real estate firm housed in the same 19th Street building as Harold’s and Torchy’s Tacos hosts a White Linen bash with complimentary Karbach brews, wine, vodka and whiskey, plus a photobooth and music by the Zydeco Dots, Lords of Kool, DJs and more. 5pm to 9pm.
- White Linen DJ Set by Ishi at the Heights Theater | FREE – Blending funk, soul and house, the Dallas-based Ishi stops by the Heights Theater on 19th for a free evening set in celebration of White Linen Night. 6pm.
White Linen Night on White Oak Drive
- White Linen Day & Night Party with Houston Young Professionals on White Oak – The public White Linen party from the Houston Young Professionals gets rolling at 11am with an afternoon DJ session, followed by pub crawl in the White Oak area at locations like Onion Creek, Christian’s Tailgate, and other bars and restaurants along the bustling nightlife hotspot. Admission for evening VIP parties begins at $20. 11am to 1am.
- Grand Opening at Benny Thunders | No Cover – What better night to celebrate a grand opening than on the Heights’ biggest night-out of the year? Benny Thunders, the new self-pour wine and craft beer destination will open up on White Linen Night with 60 taps and flowing wine, craft beer, cider, kombucha, nitro coffee and non-alcoholic beverages. Noon to 2am.
- White Linen at BB’s Tex-Orleans | No Cover – The spirit of New Orleans comes alive at the White Oak BB’s, which sees Amin Safari performing live throughout the evening, plus you can take advantage of a pairing that features a po’boy with a Saint Arnolds H-Town Pils for $18. 5pm to 9:30pm.
- White Linen Night at Onion Creek Cafe | No Cover – The White Oak casual cafe hosts a parking lot party with an air-conditioned VIP tent, Shotgun Sally on the main stage, DJ Fredster spinning beats all night, and delicious dishes. 6pm to 2am.
- White Linen Night Crawl on White Oak | No Cover – Hit the strip of White Oak establishments for an evening crawl with stops at popular mainstays like Bobcat Teddy’s Ice House, Little Woodrow’s, Public House, Sonoma Wine Bar, Coltivare, and others. Along the way, take in live music, DJs on the decks, drink specials, food trucks and local vendors. 7pm to 2am.
White Linen Night around the Heights
- White Linen Night at FM Kitchen & Bar | No Cover – Brunch starts at 11am and you can get things moving with $10 Espresso martinis and $25 mini-pitchers, with all day people-watching, tunes, drink specials all day, and more. Reverse happy hour starts at 10pm. 11am to 10pm.
- Coolest White Linen Affair at McIntyre’s Heights | No Cover – Near T.C. Jester, Mcintyre’s pull out all the A/Cs for a promising day and night of cool breezes, music from Mo Jiles Band, dance tunes with Bryan Rhymez, frozen cocktails, boozy popsicles and more. 11am to 2am.
- White Linen Bash at Moonshine Deck | No Cover – Further west of the 19th Street festivities near T.C. Jester Blvd., the casual patio bar and grill hosts a bash featuring cocktail specials, a selfie booth, and DJ tunes to keep the party rolling all day and night long. 11am to 2am.
- Doggy White Linen Party at Railway Heights Market | No Cover – The Washington Ave. marketplace hosts its first ever White Linen Night with Sit Bar, which encourages you to bring your pups out for a night of live music, drinks, and local business shopping. Don’t have a dog to bring? No problem, as there are adoptions on-site to claim your new best friend. 4pm to 10pm.
- White Linen Night at Heights Bier Garten | No Cover – Off Shepherd Drive, the spacious digs of the Heights Bier Garten host a Haku Vodka and Roku Gin-fueled White Linen Night, featuring Step Rideau & the Zydeco Outlaws at 4pm, followed by a best dressed contest, and Mykawa to wrap up the evening. 4pm to 2am.
- White Linen Night at Cedar Creek Bar & Grill | No Cover – On the west side of 19th Street, this sprawling Creek restaurant offers an evening with DJ Dayta and DJ Felix Olmos, live music from The Moment HTX, plus food and drink specials and a White Linen cocktail list. 6pm to 2am.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).