Updated Wednesday, August 2, 2022 at 9:15pm
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Monday, August 1 to Sunday, August 7, 2022.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston This Week: Monday, August 1 to Sunday, August 7, 2022
- Houston Restaurant Weeks at Multiple Locations | Daily – Houston Food Bank’s biggest fundraiser returns for another month-plus of tasty food, drink, good times and charity. As always, more than 200 local restaurants will offer prix fixe meals for brunch, lunch and dinner (and even to-go), with a set dollar donation from each meal sold benefiting the Houston Food Bank and its mission to end hunger and provide food for better lives. Brunch and lunch options are $25; dinner ranges from $39 to $55. Times vary by location.
- Comedian Kevin Hart at Toyota Center | Thursday & Friday – Back to the stage for his first tour in more than four years, comedian and actor Kevin Hart brings his Reality Check Tour to Downtown’s Toyota Center for back-to-back nights of brand new material and pressing thoughts for the audience. $49.50 and up. 7pm.
- Harvest Festival at Messina Hof Winery | Friday & Saturday – The winery’s annual Harvest Festival is back for its 45th year at the Bryan Estate. Every weekend in August, the family-friendly event celebrates the tradition of picking and stomping the very grapes that go directly into Messina Hof’s wines, with fun activities from a Wine Cellar Tour & Dinner and Outdoor Gourmet BBQ to Murder Mystery Nights. Prices and times vary.
- Comedian Eddie Griffin at the Improv | Friday & Saturday – The longtime funnyman and actor, who’s appeared in more than 50 films, brings his newest material to the stage for back-to-back nights at the Improv. Tickets are sold by the table; $120 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Night Market at Montrose Marketplace | Friday to Sunday | No Cover – Once the sun starts to dip behind the horizon, browse food truck bites and local vendor goodies at the bustling evening marketplace in the heart of Montrose. 6pm to 11pm each night.
Monday, August 1, 2022
- Margarita Monday at Wakefield Crowbar | No Cover – Dust away the Monday with $2 soft tacos, $6 loaded nachos, and $5 Hornitos margs at the Garden Oaks/Oak Forest watering hole. 4pm to midnight.
Tuesday, August 2, 2022
- Tacos & Trivia Tuesday at True Anomaly Brewing | No Cover – Try your hand at trivia at the popular EaDo brewery founded by four guys from NASA, with tasty tacos and more available for purchase. 7:30pm.
- Back to the Future Movie Screening at Daquiri Time Out | FREE – Go back in time to the 1985 classic at a free screening in Downtown Galveston, complete with pop-up trivia and food from Noodle Ill’e’gal and Con Lagrimas.
Wednesday, August 3, 2022
- Game Night at Pur Noire Urban Wineries | No Cover – Sip on vino while playing Jenga, card games, and more at this Downtown wine spot. 5pm to 9pm.
- Leon Bridges at White Oak Music Hall – Known for his singles like “Coming Home” and “River,” Leon Bridges performs in Houston with Little Dragon opening the show. $69.50. 6pm.
- Raising the Steaks Wednesday at Bottled Blonde | No Cover – Belly up for steaks and drinks at the Washington Ave hotspot’s weekly steak night. Happy hour to 7pm. 6pm to 11pm.
- Metalachi at Warehouse Live – Out of Hollywood comes the world’s premiere heavy metal mariachi outfit, Metalachi, who arrive in EaDo to perform songs from their three studio albums. $20 and up. 8pm.
- Three 6 Mafia at House of Blues – Hip hop duo Three Six Mafia makes their way to Downtown Houston to perform their chart-topping hits spanning three decades. $59.50 and up. 8pm.
Thursday, August 4, 2022
- National IPA Day at Creekwood Grill | No Cover – The Cypress-area grill celebrates Naitonal IPA Day with strong offerings from two of Houston’s breweries, SpindleTap and No Label Brewing. 6pm.
Friday, August 5, 2022
- Free Cookie Day at Crumbl Cookies Oak Forest | FREE – Although it’s not exactly nightlife, you can pop into the delicious new cookie shop in Oak Forest and snag your own fresh, lip-smacking chocolate chip cookie well into the night. 8am to midnight.
- Mid Summer Bash at Warehouse Live – Houston Hemp Market and the Gas Station join forces for a local vendor pop-up featuring food, music from DJ Loza, and more. $5 in advance; $10 at the door. 6pm to 11pm.
- All Access Art Market at Finn Hall | No Cover – Shop local artists and artisans at this monthly market in Downtown Houston. This month’s theme is tattoo art. 6pm to 11pm.
- The Breakfast Club Movie Screening at Market Square Park | FREE – The 1985 John Hughes–directed classic gets a screening at the historic Market Square Park in Downtown Houston. Blankets and lawn chairs are encouraged; drinks and food available for purchase. 8pm.
- Franz Ferdinand at White Oak Music Hall – Scottish rock band Franz Ferdinand, known for singles like “Take Me Out” and “Do You Want To,” performs in the Northside for their Houston fans to enjoy. $40. 8pm.
- Coin at Bayou Music Center – The Nashville pop rock trio bring their latest album, Uncanny Valley, which debuted at No. 12 on the Billboard Heatseeker charts. $29.50 and up. 8pm.
- Marsch at Bauhaus – British born house and progressive DJ March hits the decks for a late night of dancing in Downtown. $40. 10pm to 2am.
- DJ Claptone in Concert at Stereo Live – The German house and techno DJ takes the stage in West Houston for a pulse-pounding set. $18. 10pm to 2am.
Saturday, August 6, 2022
- Pôr Do Sol Brunch: Bauhaus Patio Edition in Downtown – Kick back drinks and bites at the twice monthly Brazilian-inspired daytime DJ takeover at Bauhaus. 3pm to 10pm.
- White Linen Night in the Heights – While the original White Linen Night event on 19th Street will return in a scaled down version, with open shops and restaurants, the larger event officially expands across the Heights, with individual galleries, boutiques, bars, and more offering specials around the Greater Heights. Times vary.
- Wiz Khalifa & Logic at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Hip hop artists Wiz Khalifa and Logic team up to co-headline their Vinyl Verse Tour 2022. $29.50 and up. 6:30pm.
- Bayou City Picnic presents A Picnic at the Houston Arboretum – Show up for an evening of live music and an all-inclusive picnic basket that features your choice of sandwiches or charcuterie, along with a checkered blanket, waters and a six-pack of Saint Arnold brew. $85 for 2; add-ons available. 6:30pm.
- Fat Tony, Kam Franklin & Lucas/Heavan in Concert at Axelrad – Catch a special evening of performances by H-Town favorites Fat Tony, Kam Franklin of The Suffers, and Lucas/Heaven—plus DJ Anarchy of Soul Control—in Midtown’s most active beer garden. 7pm to 1:45am.
- The Dan Band at House of Blues – As seen in films like Old School and The Hangover, the Dan Band takes the stage in Downtown for a night of pop covers twisted with added obscenities and swearing. Limited free tickets with RSVP (ends midnight on Friday, August 4); full-price tickets are $20 and up. 8pm.
- Silent Disco Party at Post Houston – Take part in an immersive dance night at Post in Downtown where you can don a pair of wireless headphones with 3 channels of music, giving you the power to choose your groove. $24. 8pm to midnight.
Sunday, August 7, 2022
- Sunday Funday & .99 Cent Mimosas at Wakefield Crowbar | No Cover – In the Heights, you can get down to $3 breakfast tacos, $6 Bloody Marys, and 99-cent Mimosas while enjoy live music and eats designed to soak up your Saturday night. 10am to 2pm.
- Feels Brunch & Day Party at High & Dry | No Cover – On the Main Street rail in Downtown, you can gather for a vibey Sunday brunch with chill music, craft cocktails, and delicious eats. 11am to 8pm.
- DJ Chris Lake at Clé Houston – British electronic music producer and DJ Chris Lake takes to the pool at Clé Houston in Midtown for an afternoon splash session. $25. 2pm to 8pm.
- She Wolf: Shakira Tribute at Rise Rooftop | FREE with RSVP – Belt out the words to songs like “Hips Don’t Lie” when She Wolf brings their tribute to the Colombian pop star to Rise Rooftop in Midtown. 3pm to 8pm.
- The Lab: Comedy Open Mic at Leon’s Lounge | FREE – Each Sunday, local comics grab the mic for hot six-minute sets in one of Houston’s oldest bars, preceded by happy hour specials from 4pm to 8pm with $4 wells and house wines and $15 domestic buckets. If you’d like to try your hand at the open mic, sign up to participate at 7:30pm. 8pm to midnight.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.