Catch music’s biggest talents at these must-see live shows and concerts around Houston from Monday, August 1 through Sunday, August 7, 2022.
This week includes a final US stop by country legend Garth Brooks, a tribute to a legendary Mexican singer-songwriter, a rap double-bill of hip-hop stars, indie rockers, and more.
Want to dig deeper for live concerts in Houston this month? Check the 365 Houston calendar for additional shows taking place across H-Town.
Top 12 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston This Week
- Leon Bridges at White Oak Music Hall | Wednesday, August 3 – Known for his singles like “Coming Home” and “River,” Leon Bridges performs in Houston with Little Dragon opening the show. $69.50. 6pm.
- Tim Heidecker at the Heights Theater | Wednesday, August 3 – Prepare for a two-part evening that presents Tim Heidecker (of Tim & Eric fame) on stage as his stand-up comedian character, followed by an evening of his critically-acclaimed albums, Fear of Death and the newly released, High School. $45 and up. 8pm.
- Metalachi at Warehouse Live | Thursday, August 4 – Out of Hollywood comes the world’s premiere heavy metal mariachi outfit, Metalachi, who arrive in EaDo to perform songs from their three studio albums. $20 and up. 8pm.
- Three 6 Mafia at House of Blues | Friday, August 5 – Hip hop duo Three Six Mafia makes their way to Downtown Houston to perform their chart-topping hits spanning three decades. $59.50 and up. 8pm.
- Big Time Rush at Smart Financial Centre | Friday, August 5 – Heartthrob pop boy band Big Time Rush headlines in Sugar Land with Spencer Sutherland opening the show. $29.95 and up. 8pm.
- Franz Ferdinand at White Oak Music Hall | Friday, August 5 – Scottish rock band Franz Ferdinand, known for singles like “Take Me Out” and “Do You Want To,” performs in the Northside for their Houston fans to enjoy. $40. 8pm.
- Coin at Bayou Music Center | Friday, August 5 – The Nashville pop rock trio bring their latest album, Uncanny Valley, which debuted at No. 12 on the Billboard Heatseeker charts. $29.50 and up. 8pm.
- Wiz Khalifa & Logic at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, August 6 – Hip hop artists Wiz Khalifa and Logic team up to co-headline their Vinyl Verse Tour 2022. $29.50 and up. 6:30pm.
- 3rd Annual Mariachi Festival: A Tribute to Vicente Fernández at Wortham Center | Saturday, August 6 – In tribute to the legendary Mexican singer-songwriter, Vicente Fernández, the third annual mariachi fest will gather groups like Mariachi 7 Leguas, the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Ballet Folklorico, and the University of Houston Mariachi Pumas for a night of singalong classics. $45.99 and up. 7pm.
- Garth Brooks at NRG Stadium | Saturday, August 6 – Country music legend Garth Brooks stops by Houston for the final United States date on his Stadium Tour. $89.50 and up. 7pm.
- The Dan Band at House of Blues | Saturday, August 6 – As seen in films like Old School and The Hangover, the Dan Band takes the stage in Downtown for a night of pop covers twisted with added obscenities and swearing. Limited free tickets with RSVP (ends midnight on Friday, August 4); full-price tickets are $20 and up. 8pm.
- Bandella at The Grand 1894 Opera House in Galveston | Saturday, August 6 – Led by popular astronaut Chris Hadfield (who went viral in a shot-from-space music video set to David Bowie’s “Space Oddity”), this group of fellow space travelers blends folk, Americana, bluegrass and jazz, while also taking questions from the audience and sharing tales from their years as astronauts. $18 and up. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).