Bust a gut at these must-see live comedy shows and events in Houston for August 2022.
If you’re looking to have a laugh, then we have you covered with some of the biggest headlining comedians, stand-up acts, and more stellar sets heading your way.
Want to dig for more laughs? Then check out our extended collection of comedy events in our calendar.
Here are our picks for the month’s top nights to tickle your funny bone:
Top 15 Live Comedy Events This Month: August 2022
- Tim Heidecker at the Heights Theater | Wednesday, August 3 – One half of the Tim & Eric comedy duo, Tim Heidecker offers a unique two-act evening that features his stand-up character as well as music from his critically-acclaimed 2020 album, Fear of Death, and his brand new release, High School. $45 and up. 8pm.
- Quincy Johnson II at the Secret Group | Thursday, August 4 – The comedian and actor lands at EaDo’s Secret Group for a live album recording performance. $15. 7pm.
- Kevin Hart at Toyota Center | Thursday, August 4 & Friday, August 5 – Back to the stage for his first tour in more than four years, comedian and actor Kevin Hart brings his Reality Check Tour to Downtown’s Toyota Center for back-to-back nights of brand new material and pressing thoughts for the audience. $49.50 and up. 7pm.
- Eddie Griffin at the Improv | Friday, August 5 & Saturday, August 6 – The longtime funnyman and actor, who’s appeared in more than 50 films, brings his newest material to the stage for back-to-back nights at the Improv. Tickets are sold by the table; $120 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Dave Lawson at the Improv | Sunday, August 7 – Houston-based comedian Dave Lawson celebrates his 50-something birthday with a comedy bash at the Improv, also featuring Lil Darrel, Grossmann, and 7even the Poet. Tickets are sold by the table; $40 for 2, and up. 4:30pm.
- PAH presents Comedy Bang! Bang! Live at Wortham Center | Sunday, August 7 – Celebrating its 13th anniversary, the popular podcast and IFC television show led by outlandish comedian Scott Aukerman makes its way to Downtown for a live show on the Wortham Center stage. $45.75 and up. 7pm.
- Celeste Barber at 713 Music Hall | Thursday, August 11 – Australian comedian, actor and writer Celeste Barber brings her Fine, Thanks Tour stateside, landing at Post Houston’s venue in Downtown. $50.50 and up. 7pm.
- Chris Redd at the Improv | Thursday, August 11 to Saturday, August 13 – A Saturday Night Live cast member since 2017, the actor and comedian swings through the Improv while on his Why Am I Like This? Tour, performing across three nights. Tickets are sold by the table; $50 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- The Riot Comedy Show presents Caleb Synan at Rudyard’s British Pub | Friday, August 12 & Saturday, August 13 – With stops on Conan, Last Comic Standing, and Bill Burr’s The Ringers on Comedy Central, Caleb Synan has comedy bonafides and brings them to the upstairs stage at the Montrose British pub. $17 and up. Times vary.
- JR De Guzman at the Improv | Thursday, August 18 to Saturday, August 20 – The multi-talented comedian and musician from the Philippines brings his unique stage show to the Improv that combines his signature laughs with stories of culture and his family from around the world. Tickets are sold by the table; $40 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- The Riot Comedy Show presents Kelsey Cook at Rudyard’s British Pub | Friday, August 19 & Saturday, August 20 – For back-to-back nights, the touring stand-up comedian and podcast co-host of Self-Helpless with fellow comics Taylor Tomlinson and Delanie Fischer, will bring her latest material to Rudyard’s upstairs stage. $17 and up. Times vary.
- Tycoon Houston Comedy Music Fest at Toyota Center | Thursday, August 25 – Rapper 50 Cent hosts a one-two punch of comedy and music performances in Downtown, featuring nine stand-up acts that include B-Simone, Bill Bellamy, Jess Hilarious, Gary Owen, and many others, in addition to appearances from Fetty Wap, Flo Rida, Rotimi and more. $49 and up. 8pm.
- The Riot Comedy Show presents Jason Cheny at Rudyard’s British Pub | Thursday, August 25 – The LA-based comedian from Taiwan hits the upstairs stage at Rudyard’s for a set that offers a cross-cultural perspective that skewers the social absurdities within his family, his upbringing and American society. $15 and up. 7pm.
- The Riot Comedy Show presents Rachel Wolfson & Mat Edgar at Rudyard’s British Pub | Friday, August 26 & Saturday, August 27 – Starring alongside the classic crew in the 2022 film Jackass Forever, Rachel Wolfson takes the stage with friend Mat Edgar for back-to-back nights of stand-up in Montrose. $17 and up. Times vary.
- Earthquake & Donnell Rawlings at Hobby Center | Sunday, August 28 – Stepping up to the big stage at Hobby Center, classic Def Jam comedian Earthquake joins forces with Donnell Rawlings for the Legendary Tour as it swings through Downtown Houston. $55 and up. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).