Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with our 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, July 29 to Sunday, July 31, 2022.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 15 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend: July 29 to 31, 2022
- Houston Shakespeare Festival: King Lear & Cymbeline at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Daily | FREE – On alternating nights, the Houston Shakespeare Festival brings the bard to the stage at Miller Outdoor, performing original productions of King Lear (Thursday and Saturday) and Cymbeline (Friday and Sunday). Times vary.
- Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners at Minute Maid Park | Daily – The ‘Stros take on a division rival in a four-game series that includes a Yordan Alvarez jersey giveaway, an Alex Bregman bobblehead, and Princess Day on Sunday. $27 and up. Times vary.
- Third Eye Blind in Concert at White Oak Music Hall | Friday, July 29 – Best known for their hit song “Semi-Charmed Life”, the rock act Third Eye Blind performs live at White Oak Music Hall. Taking Back Sunday opens the show. $49.50 and up. 6pm.
- Comedian Kurtis Conner at 713 Music Hall | Friday, July 29 – Gathering hundreds of thousands of followers on Vine and later on YouTube and TikTok, the popular comedian and creator takes the stage at Post Houston in Downtown. $40 and up. 8pm.
- Houston Texans Training Camp at NRG Park | Friday, July 29 & Saturday, July 30 | FREE – Ahead of mid-August’s opening preseason games, the Texans return to training camp and you can get a look at the squad with a free ticket to morning sessions over the next few weeks. Free with registration; while supplies last. 8am to 10am.
- Common with Houston Symphony in Concert at Hobby Center | Friday, July 29 & Saturday, July 30 – Experience the Grammy Award-winning artist, actor, and philanthropist, Common, as he joins the Houston Symphony for a special twist on some of his biggest hits at Hobby Center. $34. 7:30pm.
- The Market at Grisby at Watson’s House of Ales | Saturday, July 30 | No Cover – The Energy Corridor District hosts the first ever Market at Grisby, a signature artisan market featuring a live music duo with Josie Arias, gift card giveaways to the five Grisby-area restaurants, and more. 10:30am to 2pm.
- Lowrider Houston’s Greatest Custom Car Show at NRG Center | Saturday, July 30 – The day-long car show features lowriders, custom cars and vehicles, and a celebration of classic car culture. $45. 11am to 6pm.
- Neon Garden with Nortec Collective in Concert at Axelrad | Saturday, July 30 | No Cover – The monthly video game and electronic music experience returns to Axelrad, offering a live performance from Mexico’s Nortec Collective. 7pm.
- Labyrinth Movie Screening at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | Saturday, July 30 – In conjunction with the exhibition Virtual Realities: The Art of M.C. Escher, watch a screening of the 1981 hit, Labyrinth starring David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly. $9. 7pm.
- H.M.S. Pinafore at Hobby Center | Saturday, July 30 & Sunday, July 31 | Final Weekend – Houston’s Gilbert & Sullivan Society presents the 70th anniversary of the hysterical love story, H.M.S. Pinafore, featuring the very last performance of English castmate Alistair Donkin. $29 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Houston Family Fun Fest at La Centerra | Sunday, July 31 | FREE – Houston Family Magazine hosts their annual Family Fun Fest in Katy. Face painting, entertainment, rock climbing, arts & crafts, inflatables and more will be on hand for an afternoon of fun. Noon to 4pm.
- BuffBrew 11th Annual X-Mas in July at Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company | Sunday, July 31 – Enjoy Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company’s annual X-mas in July party with special release brews, icy cold treats and winter wonderland photo-ops. $25. Noon to 6pm.
- H-Town Sneaker Summit at NRG Center | Sunday, July 31 – Buy, sell or trade rare and collectible footwear when thousands of sneakers and other streetwear and vintage apparel hits the 2022 edition of the Sneaker Summit. $25 and up. 3pm to 8pm.
- A.R. Rahman at Smart Financial Centre | Sunday, July 31 – The Sugar Land venue welcomes Grammy-winning Indian composer A.R. Rahman for a live performance. $49.50 and up. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).