Dine on delicious dishes and enjoy our picks for the top food and drink events taking place around Houston in August 2022.
Houston’s favorite annual fundraiser, Houston Restaurant Weeks, returns this August, supporting local restaurants and the Houston Food Bank all month long and through Labor Day.
But that’s not the only tasty happenings this month. From a Coast-to-Coast Chef Series to a grape-stomping Harvest Festival, here’s everything you need to eat, drink, and do around Houston this August.
Top 10 Food & Drink Events in Houston This Month: August 2022
- Houston Restaurant Weeks at Multiple Locations | Monday, August 1 to Labor Day, Monday, September 5 – Houston Food Bank’s biggest fundraiser returns for another month-plus of tasty food, drink, good times and charity. As always, more than 200 local restaurants will offer prix fixe meals for brunch, lunch and dinner (and even to-go), with a set dollar donation from each meal sold benefiting the Houston Food Bank and its mission to end hunger and provide food for better lives. Brunch and lunch options are $25; dinner ranges from $39 to $55. Times vary by location.
- Acqua e Sale at Lulu’s River Oaks | Tuesday, August 2 – In conjunction with Möet-Hennessy, Lulu’s Executive Chef José Monterrosa has prepared a special menu inspired by water and salt, designed to transport guests to the Italian Coast. $225; includes five-course menu and champagne pairings. 7pm.
- Houston Chef Series: Coast to Coast at Grotto Downtown & Brenner’s on the Bayou | Wednesdays, August 3 & August 10 – Landry’s invites guests to travel “Coast to Coast” during its annual Chef Series, held on select Wednesday evenings in August. This month, things close out with Chefs Ricky Cruz and Sean Hochstein showcasing cuisine of the Amalfi Coast at Grotto Downtown (August 3); and Chef Ryan Braden taking inspiration from the Turquoise Coast with a special dinner at Brenner’s on the Bayou (August 10). Tickets are $119 per person for each dinner. 7pm both nights.
- Sky High for Kids Fundraiser at d’Alba Craft Kitchen & Cocktails | Saturday, August 6 – Sky High for Kids and d’Alba near the Heights have teamed up to support endeavors to end childhood cancer, offering an exclusive Mimosa and Bloody Mary Bar every first Saturday of the month. Guests can purchase wristbands for $35, and 100% of the wristband sales will go toward supporting Sky High for Kids’ mission. 10am to 4pm.
- White Linen Night in the Heights | Saturday, August 6 – The original White Linen Night returns to the Heights, with 19th Street shops, restaurants, vendors and artists welcoming locals for a stroll through the ‘hood. Plus, other spots get in on the fun, too, including a block party along White Oak to a DJ-fueled fiesta at Cedar Creek Bar & Grill. 6pm to 10pm.
- Everybody Eats Dining Experience at Thirteen Houston | Monday, August 8 – The multi-city, intimate dining experience Everybody Eats comes from Executive Chef Tobias Dorzon and Chef Matt Price, fusing good food, fine dining, fashion, social media, and charity. Tickets include a seven-course meal with cocktails and a $25 Uber voucher. $250 per person (inclusive of wine and spirits), with a portion of ticket sales donated to nonprofit partners. 6:30pm.
- Insatiable Glass & Live Jazz at Ouisie’s Table | Thursday, August 11 – The River Oaks staple continues its monthly dinner, wine, and jazz series, featuring four musicians performing live in the dining room. Guests can choose Ouisie’s Insatiable Wine offering—a sampling of ten great wines with refills—for $35 plus the purchase of any main course. Reservations are strongly encouraged as space is limited. Menu prices vary. 6pm to 9pm.
- Platinum Wine Vault Tasting at Bayway Cadillac of the Woodlands | Friday, August 12 – Wine & Food Week has expanded to hosting events throughout the year, featuring a summertime version of its signature event, the Platinum Wine Vault Luxury Tasting, this August. The luxe affair offers the Pop The Cork! bubbly experience, Love My California Cab tasting, and Try Me offerings from Argentinian and Chilean Malbecs to domestic Zinfandel to Grand Durif, and more. Tickets are $125. 6pm to 9pm.
- National Fajita Day at Spanish Village | Thursday, August 18 – The Tex-Mex institution will be offering a major discount for National Fajita Day, offering its beef fajita platter for two (regularly $54.95) for $29.99 along with free churros. 8am to 9pm.
- Harvest Festival at Messina Hof Winery | Weekends in August – The winery’s annual Harvest Festival is back for its 45th year at the Bryan Estate. Every weekend in August, the family-friendly event celebrates the tradition of picking and stomping the very grapes that go directly into Messina Hof’s wines, with fun activities from a Wine Cellar Tour & Dinner and Outdoor Gourmet BBQ to Murder Mystery Nights. Prices and times vary.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).