Make the most of your week with our top festivals, events, and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, July 11 to Sunday, July 17, 2022.
This week, make your final tweaks to your cosplay costume, celebrate 713 Day at a Houston institution, fill up on pints at bars around Downtown, catch comedians and concerts, and much more.
We’ve whittled it down to our 15 picks for the week, but you can always check out the extended calendar for more happenings in Houston.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, July 11 to Sunday, July 17, 2022.
Top 15 Festivals, Events & Things to Do This Week in Houston
- The Fifth Element 25th Anniversary Movie Screening at Axelrad | Monday, July 11 | No Cover – Catch a screening of the Bruce Willis and Milla Jovovich–starring sci-fi film, The Fifth Element—which celebrates its 25th anniversary this year—at a screening at sundown in Midtown’s neon-lit watering hole. 9pm.
- The MBA Tour at Hilton Americas–Houston | Tuesday, July 12 | FREE with RSVP – Join with other aspiring MBA students at this free networking event that gets you in touch with notable business schools like Columbia, Yale, MIT, Rice and others, helping you explore how to take your business career to the next level. In addition to panels and unique programs, you can also stop by the résumé clinic, get a free professional headshot photo, and more. Free with RSVP. 4:30pm to 9pm.
- Hanson in Concert at House of Blues | Tuesday, July 12 – The ‘90s heartthrob boy band Hanson travels to Houston to perform old favorites like “Mmmbop” and “Where’s The Love”. $39.50 and up. 7pm.
- 713 Day at Spanish Village | Wednesday, July 13 – Locals are invited to celebrate 713 Day (July 13) visiting one of Houston’s old restaurants, Spanish Village. Approaching its 70th anniversary next year, the historic Third Ward institution will be celebrating the day with a $7.13 lunch plate of its fan favorite El Clasico enchiladas. 8am to 9pm.
- The Masked Singer National Tour at Smart Financial Centre | Thursday, July 14 – Pop star Natasha Bedingfield hosts and performs on this tour of the hit Fox TV show, which also features fan-fav characters from past seasons, surprise celebrity guests, and more. $39.75 and up. 7:30pm.
- Comedian Billy Wayne Davis at the Secret Group | Thursday, July 14 to Saturday, July 16 – A finalist on Last Comic Standing, and seen on specials like Comedy Central’s Tales From the Trip, the Tennessee comedian swings through EaDo for a weekend of side-splitting sets. $20 in advance; $25 day of show. 8pm nightly.
- Mixers & Elixirs at Houston Museum of Natural Science | Friday, July 15 – Party amid prehistory when HMNS returns with another edition of its popular Mixers & Elixirs series, which offers a dancefloor to groove on, along with cash bars and local food trucks on hand. $25. 7pm.
- Comicpalooza 2022 at George R. Brown Convention Center | Friday, July 15 to Sunday, July 17 – The annual comics and pop culture convention returns to Houston for a weekend of celebrity meet-and-greets, cosplay, one-of-a-kind local vendors, panels and more. Tickets start at $25 for adults; $6 for ages 6 to 12; free for ages 5 and under. Times vary.
- Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics at Minute Maid Park | Friday, July 15 to Sunday, July 17 – The ‘Stros play host to bottom of their division when the Oakland Athletics come to town for a three-game series. Special nights include a Lance McCullers jersey giveaway on Friday, NASA Night on Saturday, and an Orbit “greenie” baby on Sunday. $29 and up. Times vary.
- Saint Arnold’s Pub Crawl in Downtown | Saturday, July 16 – Houston’s oldest brewery will host its ever-popular Saint Arnold’s Pub Crawl through Downtown, hitting some of the Historic District’s favorite bars starting with a punch card pickup at 2pm. The fun runs until 6pm, when crawlers will meet up at Market Square Park to receive their official Saint Arnold pint glass and enjoy an after party with live music and Greek eats from Niko Niko’s (available for purchase). 2pm to 6pm.
- 22nd Anniversary Bash at the Continental Club | Saturday, July 16 | No Cover – Get ready for a good time in celebration of the Mid-Main concert venue and backyard dive, Continental Club, when they host a Customer Appreciation Party honoring 22 years of service, with a packed concert lineup featuring Johnny Falstaff, the Allen Oldies Band, Bayou City Funk, KALO, the Mighty Orq and others. 7pm.
- Los Hermanos/The Brothers Movie Screening & Concert at Post Houston | Saturday, July 16 | FREE – Catch a screening of this documentary centered on two separated Afro-Cuban musician brothers, who grow up through parallel lives, yearning to collaborate musically for the first time. Following the screening, the brothers themselves, Aldo and Ilmar López-Gavilán, will perform for the crowd in attendance. 7:30pm.
- Vertigo: One, One & One at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Saturday, July 16 | FREE – Take in a multi-sensory performance from Israeli-based Vertigo Dance Company when they present One, One & One, which sees dancers atop a dirt-covered stage, exploring our connection to the natural world. 8pm.
- Kids Let’s Party Fest at Levy Park | Sunday, July 17 – Celebrate Kids Day with a packed Party Fest at Levy Park, featuring performances from Adassa—who plays Delores in Encanto—along with That Girl Lay Lay from Nickelodeon, a Selena tribute from Isabel Marie, appearances by Houston sports mascots, and much more. $24.99 and up. Noon to 8pm.
- Comedian Mary Lynn Rajskub at Houston Improv | Sunday, July 17 – Found in shows like It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and alongside Adam Sandler in Punch-Drunk Love, the actor and comedian performs one-night only at West Houston’s Improv. Tickets are sold by the table; $40 for 2, and up. 7:30pm.
Many More Things to Do in Houston
- Top Concerts & Live Shows This Week – Check out our top picks for local and touring musicians, stars, and personalities hitting the stage in H-Town this week.
- Top Games & Sports Events This Week – Scope out professional and select college sports games, touring athletic competitions, local fitness and participatory events, and more.
- Top Things to Do For Kids & Families This Week – Zero in on the best option for families and the junior set around Greater Houston.
- Current Temporary Museum Exhibits & Art Installations in Greater Houston – Explore the newest installations and exhibits on short term display at museums and locations around Houston, with a focus on art, history, and science.
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more live entertainment, events, pop-ups, markets, and other options around Houston.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).