Plan a summer week of family fun with our picks for the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston this week from Monday, July 11 to Sunday, July 17, 2022.
This week, get into free family fun all week long, meet some of your favorite comic characters in Downtown, celebrate Kids Day with a huge festival in Levy Park, and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 10 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Week
- Rhyme & Reason: A Celebration of Black History at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Tuesday, July 12 | FREE – Featuring two Houston Poet Laureates, Emanuelee Outspoken Bean and Deborah DEEP Mouton, this afternoon performance is filled with music, dance and poetry to present Black history from ancient Africa to today. 11am.
- Express Theatre presents Let’s Make A Play Together at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Wednesday, July 13 | FREE – Designed to help kids experience the power of collaboration and creativity, the Express Theatre Improv Players will create a spontaneous 45-minute children’s musical, complete with costumes, props and spur-of-the-moment songs. 11am.
- Queer Teen Night: For LGBTQ+ Youth & Allies at Contemporary Arts Museum Houston | Thursday, July 14 | FREE – LGBTQ+ youth from the Greater Houston area get together for a night of art-making, performances and tours of Mariah Garnett’s Dreamed This Gateway exhibition. 6pm to 8pm.
- The Little Mermaid Movie Screening at Seawolf Park | Thursday, July 14 | FREE – Take to Galveston’s Seawolf Park on the east side island for an outdoor screening of the classic Disney film, The Little Mermaid. Free, though parking at Seawolf Park is $6. 8:30pm.
- Sing-A-Long Karaoke at Sugar Land Town Square | Friday, July 15 | FREE – Warm-up those vocals and sing your heart out on a big stage at Sugar Land Town Square, which invites kiddos and their families to be the star of their own show. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Comicpalooza 2022 at George R. Brown Convention Center | Friday, July 15 to Sunday, July 17 – The annual comics and pop culture convention returns to Houston for a weekend of celebrity meet-and-greets, cosplay, one-of-a-kind local vendors, panels and more. Tickets start at $25 for adults; $6 for ages 6 to 12; free for ages 5 and under. Times vary.
- Who Let The Dogs Out? at Children’s Museum Houston | Saturday, July 16 – Spend some time petting therapy dogs and meet some of the famous pups from Paw Patrol (appearing from 10am to 3pm) at this event in the Museum District. $15 for ages 1 and up. 10am to 6pm.
- Unspeakable Live at Toyota Center | Saturday, July 16 – Nathan from the popular YouTube channel, Unspeakable, brings along some of his friends for an evening that adapts the crazy content for the stage, which features pranks, challenges, and other hilarity. $39.99 and up. 5pm.
- Kids Let’s Party Fest at Levy Park | Sunday, July 17 – Celebrate Kids Day with a packed Party Fest at Levy Park, featuring performances from Adassa—who plays Delores in Encanto—along with That Girl Lay Lay from Nickelodeon, a Selena tribute from Isabel Marie, appearances by Houston sports mascots, and much more. $24.99 and up. Noon to 8pm.
- Plaza Palooza at CityCentre | Sunday, July 17 | FREE – The West Houston shopping district joins with CityWest Church for an afternoon of games, music and kids activities before Sunday Night Live brings music performers to the stage. 1pm to 3pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).