Updated Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 6:35pm
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, July 6 to Sunday, July 10, 2022.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston This Week: Wednesday, July 4 6 Sunday, July 10, 2022
- Comedian Bruce Bruce at Houston Improv | Friday to Sunday – The side-splitting comedy of stand-up extraordinaire and frequent BET host, Bruce Bruce, takes over the Improv for five sets across the weekend. Tickets are sold by the table; $120 for 4, and up. Times vary.
Wednesday, July 6, 2022
- Wednesday Steak & Whiskey Night at The Barn at the Frio | No Cover – Enjoy $19.95 steak with a baked potato, along with half off select whiskeys, at the weekly steak night special at Cypress’ new music venue and 6pm to 11pm.
- $2 Bill Two Dollar Comedy Show – Take in an ultra-cheap comedy program and enjoy drink specials at the midweek comedy showcase. $2. 7:30pm.
- Disco vs. New Wave Wedneday Night at Etro Lounge | No Cover – Soak up drink specials and dance the evening away as DJ Grrrl Parts spins hits from the ’70s and ’80s at the Downtown favorite. 9pm to 2am.
Thursday, July 7, 2022
- Wallows in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The indie rock trio comes to Houston on the heels of the spring release of their sophomore album, Tell Me That It’s Over. $39.50 and up. 7pm.
- Thunder From Down Under at House of Blues – Admire the pristine physique of male Aussie dancers and strippers as they take to Downtown’s House of Blues with dynamic dance routines, barely-there costumes and chiseled abs. $22.50 and up. 7pm.
- Comedian Nathan Macintosh at Houston Improv – With stops by Jimmy Fallon, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, and Conan, the comedian and podcast host brings his explosive stage presence to West Houston. Tickets are sold by the table; $40 for 2, and up. 8pm.
- Latin Night at Como Social Club | No Cover – The poolside terrace and bar in the Woodlands welcomes Yelba to the stage, performing Latin hits to get you grooving. 8pm to midnight.
Friday, July 8, 2022
- Fri-Yay Rosé Tasting at Brennan’s of Houston – Back again for its fifth year, the Fri-Yay Rosé Party offers guests the chance to taste up to several rosé selections from Wine Guy Rich in a walk-around tasting, with limited light bites provided. $35 per person. 4pm to 7pm.
- History of Mezcal Tasting at Houston Botanic Garden – Take in a lesson on the original North American spirit, meszcal, when the South Houston botanic garden hosts this class that covers the history and its cultural uses, as well as provides a mezcal tasting and pairing. $85. 7pm.
- Cheap Date 8: $20 Art Show & Outdoor Market at Hardy & Nance Studios | FREE – Explore the artist studios and original works of available for $20 or less, and spill out into the outdoor art market with free Eureka Heights beer, DJ music, a food vendor, and more. 7pm to 11pm.
- Noche de Cumbia at Axelrad | No Cover – Get moving to the rhythms of Cumbia as supplied by guest DJs and live bands on the outdoor stage at the neon-lit watering hole on Alabama. 7pm to 1am.
- Comedy Night at B-52 Brewing – The spacious outdoor brewery in Conroe hosts a slate of local comedians like Symply Courtney, Jimmy Smoltich and Kristy Belich for a night of stand-up and craft brews. $12. 8pm to 10pm.
- Danny Ocean in Concert at Rise Rooftop – Reggaeton producer and singer-songwriter Danny Ocean brings multi-platinum singles to the Rise Rooftop stage, including his breakout hit, “Me Rehúso.” $50 and up. 9pm.
- DJ Vrywvy presents VRYR&B at Warehouse Live – The Texas-based DJ brings her signature R&B night to Houston for the first time, featuring tunes from Drake, Summer Walker, Sza, the Weeknd and more. $25 in advance; $30 day of show. 10pm.
- Lady Faith & GEO in Concert at Stereo Live – Get into the high-energy groove when dance DJs Lady Faith and GEO take to the decks at West Houston’s Stereo Live. $8. 10pm.
Saturday, July 9, 2022
- Ultimate Rap League: NOME at Bayou Music Center – Catch a series of rap battles taking place on-stage at Downtown’s Bayou Music Center. The winner will battle it out for a grand prize of $100,000. $78.25 and up. 3pm.
- KTX Market Day at No Label Brewing Co. | No Cover – The Katy brewery sets up shop for the day with an evening market of local vendors, along with food trucks and live music. 5pm to 9pm.
- Road to River Revival Music Fest: Tomar and the FCs, Gio Chamba at Market Square Park | FREE – Join other live music fans in Downtown’s Market Square Park while Tomar and the FCs headline the July installment of the Road to River Revival Music Fest. 6:30pm.
- A Bayou City Picnic with Adysen Malek at the Arboretum – The third of four summer picnics at the Arboretum, this one features live music from local artist Adysen Malek that you can enjoy while noshing down on a picnic for two; your choice of sandwiches or charcuterie plus a six-pack of Saint Arnold. $85, with add-on options available. 6:30pm.
- Electric Foam: Beach Ball Bounce-a-Thon at Stereo Live – Find your groove among towering clouds of foam when the cannons come out for a summer dance night at Stereo Live. Free before midnight; $7 express entry. 10pm.
- Obscure Houston’s Summer Sideshow at Numbers Nightclub – Shop for all your macabre and bizarre goodies from vendors specializing in taxidermy, wet specimens, skulls, found art, antiques, true crime memorabilia, and more. Throughout the day, you can also enjoy live music performances, a visit from Skabz the Clown, plus food trucks and full bar at your service. $5. 1pm to 8pm.
- Regard DJ Set at Clé Houston – THe Kosovan Albanian DJ comes poolside at Clé for a pulse-pounding splash as part of the club’s Summer Sessions series. $15 and up. 2pm to 8pm.
- 8th Wonder Comedy Hour at The Secret Group – Comedian Zahid Dewji headlines this Sunday evening comedy showcase of local talent, featuring Grant Wheeler, Joe McNamara, and Tess Verguilt and hosted by Luis Dejesus. All tickets include an 8th Wonder beer and a take-home souvenir glass. $10. 6pm to 8pm; comedy at 6:30pm.
- Hilari-Tease: A Burlesque & Comedy Experience at the Secret Group – This new show hosted by comedian Ku Egenti and the Abby Cadabra at the EaDo comedy venue offers a night of burlesque performances from Cara Cherie, Nikki Knockout and Peter Pecker, as well as stand-up sets from Mike Rao, Abby Vollman and De De T. $30; $45 for VIP. 6:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).