Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with our 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, July 8 to Sunday, July 10, 2022.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 15 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend: July 8 to 10, 2022
- Fri-Yay Rosé Tasting at Brennan’s of Houston | Friday, July 8 – Back again for its fifth year, the Fri-Yay Rosé Party offers guests the chance to taste up to several rosé selections from Wine Guy Rich in a walk-around tasting, with limited light bites provided. $35 per person. 4pm to 7pm.
- History of Mezcal at Houston Botanic Garden | Friday, July 8 – Take in a lesson on the original North American spirit, meszcal, when the South Houston botanic garden hosts this class that covers the history and its cultural uses, as well as provides a mezcal tasting and pairing. $85. 7pm.
- Comedian Jeff D at the Secret Group | Friday, July 8 – The NOLA stand-up comedian and actor most recently featured in Hulu’s The Premise and Killing It on Peacock, can be seen taking the stage with local funnyman Ku Egenti for a night of laughs in EaDo. $15. 8pm.
- DJ Vrywvy presents VRYR&B at Warehouse Live | Friday, July 8 – The Texas-based DJ brings her signature R&B night to Houston for the first time, featuring tunes from Drake, Summer Walker, Sza, the Weeknd and more. $25 in advance; $30 day of show. 10pm.
- Summer Jam at Moody Center for the Arts | Saturday, July 9 | FREE – Explore Rice University’s Moody Center for the Arts and see the latest artwork on display at the family-friendly Summer Jam. Kids can enjoy face painting, art activities, and a scavenger hunt, and all are invited to sip on cold beverages, shop at the indoor local food market, and snack on plenty of food options. Noon to 5pm.
- Comedian Bill Engvall at the Grand 1894 Opera House | Saturday, July 9 – Galveston-native and hilarious funnyman, Bill Engvall of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour comes by while on his farewell tour, bringing his downhome style of comedy for one last performance. $28 and up. 4pm and 8pm.
- Road to River Revival Music Fest: Tomar and the FCs, Gio Chamba at Market Square Park | Saturday, July 9 | FREE – Join other live music fans in Downtown’s Market Square Park while Tomar and the FCs headline the July installment of the Road to River Revival Music Fest. 6:30pm.
- A Bayou City Picnic with Adysen Malek at the Arboretum | Saturday, July 9 – The third of four summer picnics at the Arboretum, this one features live music from local artist Adysen Malek that you can enjoy while noshing down on a picnic for two; your choice of sandwiches or charcuterie plus a six-pack of Saint Arnold. $85, with add-on options available. 6:30pm.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. FC Dallas at PNC Stadium | Saturday, July 9 – Mexican International Héctor Herrera makes his Dynamo debut against the team’s major rivals from up north. $22 and up. 7:30pm.
- Ludacris in Concert at 713 Music Hall | Saturday, July 9 – 97.9 The Box brings Atlanta-based rapper and actor Ludacris to Post Houston’s stage for a night of the Grammy Award-winning artist’s signature hits. $49.50 and up. 8pm.
- Andean-Indian: A Folk Music Concert at MATCH | Saturday, July 9 – Explore the melodies of South America and India in this cross-continent concert that features folk performers from Ecuador, Venezuela, Bolivia and India. $20 and up. 8pm.
- ThriftCon Houston at NRG Center | Sunday, July 10 – Shop vintage and retro culture and apparel from more than 100 fashion vendors at this super-sized con that makes for a prime place to cop your next look. $12 in advance; $20 at the door; free for ages 13 and under. 10am to 5pm.
- The Galveston Family Beach Challenge at East Beach | Sunday, July 10 | FREE – Get competitive as a family at a larger-than-life obstacle course on Galveston’s East Beach. Families will vie for gift cards and VIP tickets to Galveston attractions by competing through 14 stations for kids and adults, including games like bean bag toss, a life-size Battleship, limbo, volley balloon, and more. Free, but registration is required. 11am to 4:30pm.
- Obscure Houston’s Summer Sideshow at Numbers Nightclub | Sunday, July 10 – Shop for all your macabre and bizarre goodies from vendors specializing in taxidermy, wet specimens, skulls, found art, antiques, true crime memorabilia, and more. Throughout the day, you can also enjoy live music performances, a visit from Skabz the Clown, plus food trucks and full bar at your service. $5. 1pm to 8pm.
- Hilari-Tease: A Burlesque & Comedy Experience at the Secret Group | Sunday, July 10 – This new show hosted by comedian Ku Egenti and the Abby Cadabra at the EaDo comedy venue offers a night of burlesque performances from Cara Cherie, Nikki Knockout and Peter Pecker, as well as stand-up sets from Mike Rao, Abby Vollman and De De T. $30; $45 for VIP. 6:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).