Make the most of your week with our top festivals, events, and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, July 4 to Sunday, July 10, 2022.
From food and concerts to Broadway shows and all the star-spangled goodness you can think of, there is definitely something for everyone to enjoy in Houston this week.
We’ve whittled it down to our 15 picks for the week, but you can always check out the extended calendar for more happenings in Houston.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, July 4 to Sunday, July 10, 2022.
Top 15 Festivals, Events & Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Fourth of July Fireworks, Concerts & Events Around Greater Houston | Independence Day, Monday, July 4 | Many FREE – From Galveston to Conroe and everywhere in between, cities across the Greater Houston area are gearing up for big firework spectacles, concerts, and much more. Check out our guide to find a celebration near you. Times vary.
- Sugar Land Space Cowboys vs. El Paso Chihuahuas at Constellation Field | Independence Day, Monday, July 4 to Sunday, July 10 – El Paso returns to Sugar Land for a six game series that kicks off with an Independence Day spectacular with giveaways and fireworks—plus you can enjoy other themed nights with discounts on concessions, Marvel characters and more. Note that no game occurs on Tuesday, July 5. $7 and up. Times vary.
- Broadway Across America presents Disney’s Frozen at Hobby Center | Tuesday, July 5 to Sunday, July 10 – The Broadway adaptation of Disney’s classic film Frozen comes to Downtown, bringing Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Kristoff, Sven, and more to the Hobby stage. Recommended for ages 6 and up; ages 2 and under will not be admitted. $40 and up. Dates and times vary.
- The Ultimate 12-Course Meat Tasting & Wine Pairing at B&B Butchers Shop | Wednesday, July 6 – Guests will feast on an exclusive 12-course meat and wine pairing featuring the best cellar cuts from one of Houston’s top-rated steakhouses. Chef Eduardo Montesflores will be on hand to educate guests on wine selections and the restaurant’s dry aging process. $375. 6:30pm.
- Skyfarm Pop-Up at Post Houston | Thursday, July 7 | No Cover – Head to Post’s front plaza where you can taste, learn and take home fresh local food from farms across Houston. Plus, take to the rooftop and check out a tour of the Skyfarm, where more than 600 plants are growing for a late summer harvest. This event aims to connect Houstonians with farm fresh foods as well as invite them to be a part of the city’s green future. 5pm to 8pm.
- Fri-Yay Rosé Tasting at Brennan’s of Houston | Friday, July 8 – In the heat of the summer, Brennan’s is ditching its traditional tasting in the wine room, inviting locals to its fifth annual Fri-Yay Rosé Party in the Courtyard instead. Guests can taste up to several rosé selections from Wine Guy Rich in the walk-around tasting, and limited light bites will be provided. $35 per person. 4pm to 7pm.
- History of Mezcal at Houston Botanic Garden | Friday, July 8 – Take in a lesson on the original North American spirit, meszcal, when the South Houston botanic garden hosts this class that covers the history and its cultural uses, as well as provides a mezcal tasting and pairing. $85. 7pm.
- Noche de Cumbia at Axelrad | Friday, July 8 | No Cover – Get moving to the rhythms of Cumbia as supplied by guest DJs and live bands on the outdoor stage at the neon-lit watering hole on Alabama. 7pm.
- DJ Vrywvy presents VRYR&B at Warehouse Live | Friday, July 8 – The Texas-based DJ brings her signature R&B night to Houston for the first time, featuring tunes from Drake, Summer Walker, Sza, the Weeknd and more. $25 in advance; $30 day of show. 10pm.
- Summer Jam at Moody Center for the Arts | Saturday, July 9 | FREE – Explore Rice University’s Moody Center for the Arts and see the latest artwork on display at the family-friendly Summer Jam. Kids can enjoy face painting, art activities, and a scavenger hunt, and all are invited to sip on cold beverages, shop at the indoor local food market, and snack on plenty of food options. Noon to 5pm.
- Road to River Revival Music Fest: Tomar and the FCs, Gio Chamba at Market Square Park | Saturday, July 9 | FREE – Join other live music fans in Downtown’s Market Square Park while Tomar and the FCs headline the July installment of the Road to River Revival Music Fest. 6:30pm.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. FC Dallas at PNC Stadium | Saturday, July 9 – Mexican International Héctor Herrera makes his Dynamo debut against the team’s major rivals from up north. $22 and up. 7:30pm.
- ThriftCon Houston at NRG Center | Sunday, July 10 – Shop vintage and retro culture and apparel from more than 100 fashion vendors at this super-sized con that makes for a prime place to cop your next look. $12 in advance; $20 at the door; free for ages 13 and under. 10am to 5pm.
- The Galveston Family Beach Challenge at East Beach | Sunday, July 10 | FREE – Get competitive as a family at a larger-than-life obstacle course on Galveston’s East Beach. Families will vie for gift cards and VIP tickets to Galveston attractions by competing through 14 stations for kids and adults, including games like bean bag toss, a life-size Battleship, limbo, volley balloon, and more. Free, but registration is required. 11am to 4:30pm.
- Hilari-Tease: A Burlesque & Comedy Experience at the Secret Group | Sunday, July 10 – This new show hosted by comedian Ku Egenti and the Abby Cadabra at the EaDo comedy venue offers a night of burlesque performances from Cara Cherie, Nikki Knockout and Peter Pecker, as well as stand-up sets from Mike Rao, Abby Vollman and De De T. $30; $45 for VIP. 6:30pm.
Many More Things to Do in Houston
- Top Concerts & Live Shows This Week – Check out our top picks for local and touring musicians, stars, and personalities hitting the stage in H-Town this week.
- Top Games & Sports Events This Week – Scope out professional and select college sports games, touring athletic competitions, local fitness and participatory events, and more.
- Top Things to Do For Kids & Families This Week – Zero in on the best option for families and the junior set around Greater Houston.
- Current Temporary Museum Exhibits & Art Installations in Greater Houston – Explore the newest installations and exhibits on short term display at museums and locations around Houston, with a focus on art, history, and science.
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more live entertainment, events, pop-ups, markets, and other options around Houston.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).