Plot out your week of family fun with our picks for the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston this week from Monday, July 4 to Sunday, July 10, 2022.
This week, join teddies for a museum picnic, learn to plant your own garden, catch the wayfaring Moana on the beach, bring the family to a block party, and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 10 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Week
- Fourth of July Fireworks, Concerts & Events Around Greater Houston | Independence Day, Monday, July 4 | Many FREE – From Galveston to Conroe and everywhere in between, cities across the Greater Houston area are gearing up for big firework spectacles, concerts, and much more. Check out our guide to find a celebration near you. Times vary.
- Discovery Days: Pleased to Eat You at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Tuesday, July 5 – Discover what local animals eat and how to classify them as herbivores, carnivores, or omnivores at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center. This workshop is for ages 5 to 10. $15 per class. 9:30am to 11:30am.
- Boogie Bash: Celebrating Teddy Bears at the Woodlands Children’s Museum | Tuesday, July 5 – Celebrate teddy bears with fun musical and rhythmic activities including a bear “hunt” and a march to “Teddy Bears’ Picnic.” Children are welcome to bring their own teddies from home, but there will also be teddy bears to borrow for the activities. $7.50 for ages 1 and up. 11am.
- Sunny Days Ahead WonderWeek at Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center | Tuesday, July 5 to Saturday, July 9 – Kick off this WonderWeek with arts and crafts, workshops and other activities that instruct kiddos to create animal silhouettes, design their own koinobori to fly at home, and more. $15 for ages 1 and up. 10am to 6pm.
- Broadway Across America presents Disney’s Frozen at Hobby Center | Tuesday, July 5 to Sunday, July 10 – The Broadway adaptation of Disney’s classic film Frozen comes to Downtown, bringing Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Kristoff, Sven, and more to the Hobby stage. Recommended for ages 6 and up; ages 2 and under will not be admitted. $40 and up. Dates and times vary.
- Children’s Gardening at Hometown Heroes Park in League City | Friday, July 8 | FREE – Help kiddos learn the basics for planting flowers, herbs and vegetables with other kids at this League City park. This event is recommended for ages 5 to 11. 11am to noon.
- Summer Jam at Moody Center for the Arts | Saturday, July 9 | FREE – Explore Rice University’s Moody Center for the Arts and see the latest artwork on display at the family-friendly Summer Jam. Kids can enjoy face painting, art activities, and a scavenger hunt, and all are invited to sip on cold beverages, shop at the indoor local food market, and snack on plenty of food options. Noon to 5pm.
- Disney’s Moana Movie Screening at Stewart Beach in Galveston | Saturday, July 9 | FREE – Gather for a beachside screening of the popular 2016 Disney animated film, Moana. Free to attend; beach parking is $15. 8:30pm.
- The Galveston Family Beach Challenge at East Beach | Sunday, July 10 | FREE – Get competitive as a family at a larger-than-life obstacle course on Galveston’s East Beach. Families will vie for gift cards and VIP tickets to Galveston attractions by competing through 14 stations for kids and adults, including games like bean bag toss, a life-size Battleship, limbo, volley balloon, and more. Free, but registration is required. 11am to 4:30pm.
- Summer Block Party Series at Levy Park | Sunday, July 10 | FREE – Bring the whole family to the Summer Block Party at Levy Park near Greenway Plaza for an event featuring live music, bubble stations, games, and children’s activities. 5pm to 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).