Updated Wednesday, July 6 at 6:15pm
Find the perfect things to do in H-Town with our Weekend Guide for Thursday, July 7 to Sunday, July 10, 2022.
This weekend is chock-full of summer fun, including a slate of musical classics, evening markets across Greater Houston, superstar debuts on the soccer pitch, concerts, nightlife and much more.
Add an Event, Offer or Attraction
Have an event, attraction, or offering that we missed? Let us know at [email protected] or order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day (usually sooner). Contact us at [email protected] to learn more.
Things to Do All Weekend Long
- Sugar Land Space Cowboys vs. El Paso Chihuahuas at Constellation Field | Daily – El Paso returns to Sugar Land for a six game series that kicks off with an Independence Day spectacular with giveaways and fireworks—plus you can enjoy other themed nights with discounts on concessions, Marvel characters and more. Note that no game occurs on Tuesday, July 5. $7 and up. Times vary.
- Sunny Days Ahead WonderWeek at Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center | Friday & Saturday – Wrap up this WonderWeek with arts and crafts, workshops and other activities that instruct kiddos to create animal silhouettes, design their own koinobori to fly at home, and more. $15 for ages 1 and up. 10am to 6pm.
- Broadway Serenade at the Nathaniel Center in Kingwood | Friday & Saturday – Enjoy a night of musical theatre with a medley of unforgettable Broadway hits from Fiddler on the Roof, West Side Story, Carousel, and more. $20 and up. Friday 7:30pm; Saturday 7pm.
- Bring it On: The Musical at Hobby Center | Friday to Sunday – Witness the culmination of efforts from TUTS Musical Theatre Academy as they put on a weekend of performances that brings the hit 2000 film to the musical stage. $26 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Comedian Bruce Bruce at Houston Improv | Friday to Sunday – The side-splitting comedy of stand-up extraordinaire and frequent BET host, Bruce Bruce, takes over the Improv for five sets across the weekend. Tickets are sold by the table; $120 for 4, and up. Times vary.
Summer with Kids, Markets & More Event Destinations
- Things to Do with Kids this Summer in Greater Houston – Whether you’re trying to duck the heat for some indoor fun, take to outdoor activities at night, or just find ways to keep the kiddos entertained, we’ve gathered some of the best things to do this summer for kids and families.
- Summer Markets in Greater Houston – Shop local and fresh from the farm with our guide to weekly and monthly markets taking place in all corners of Greater Houston.
- Limited Time Museum Exhibits & Art Installations Around Greater Houston | Daily | Many FREE – Explore the many striking, stunning, and diverse exhibits exploring history, science, art, culture, and creativity around the Greater Houston metro area.
Ongoing Theater Shows & Arts Performances
Many plays, musicals, and other stage shows span multiple weeks. Scroll down to find new shows opening this week, then ongoing performances, followed by shows that are wrapping up this weekend.
- AD Players presents The Sound of Music at the George Theater | Daily | Opening Weekend – The beloved Rodgers and Hammerstein musical is the story of a nun named Maria who is sent to be the governess for the von Trapp family in the last years before the Nazi invasion of Austria. Against a backdrop of the world changing, Maria finds love, holds fast to her faith and discovers her true purpose. $30 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Main Street Theater for Youth presents Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at MATCH | Saturday & Sunday | Opening Weekend – This family-friendly musical is the story of a magical car and a family that embarks on the adventure of a lifetime. Featuring songs by the Sherman Brothers (of Mary Poppins and other Disney classics), this is sure to delight young and young-at-heart alike. $20 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Broadway Across America presents Disney’s Frozen at Hobby Center | Daily | Ongoing – The Broadway adaptation of Disney’s classic film Frozen comes to Downtown, bringing Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Kristoff, Sven, and more to the Hobby stage. Recommended for ages 6 and up; ages 2 and under will not be admitted. $40 and up. Dates and times vary.
- Sarah Sings a Love Story at Ensemble Theatre | Daily | Ongoing – This regional premiere celebrates the love of Elaine and Russell, married for 30 years, through the music and life of jazz singer Sarah Vaughan. $41 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Catastrophic Theatre presents Tamarie Cooper’s Live In-Person Sticky Sweet Summer Show at MATCH | Daily | Ongoing – The irrepressible, energetic, wild wit of Tamarie Cooper is back in this uproarious original production. Expect feral actors, dancing egg rolls and other hilarity across a show that delivers music and comedy in equal measures. Pay-what-you-can; suggested price of $35. Showtimes vary.
- Edith Can Shoot Things & Hit Them at MATCH | Daily | Final Weekend – Catch this play from the award-winning John Steven Kellett Memorial Series about first love, youth and the universal truth about finding the family of your choice. $25. Times vary.
Tickets to Houston Pro Sports Games
- Houston Astros Home Games at Minute Maid Park | 2022 Tickets on Sale | Sponsored − Save on 2022 Astros games with cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats on the online resale market.
- Houston Dynamo Home Games at PNC Stadium | 2022 Tickets on Sale | Sponsored − Save on 2022 Dynamo games with cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats on the online resale market.
Thursday, July 7, 2022
- Houston Astros vs. Kansas City Royals at Minute Maid Park – This four-game series against a struggling Kansas City squad comes to a close at Minute Maid with an afternoon first pitch. $12 and up. 1pm.
- Rock Painting at Battlehops Brewing in Katy | No Cover – Take to the Katy-area brewery and flex a little creativity as they provide all the supplies for a rock painting afternoon while you sip on local craft brews. Free to register. 3pm to 10pm.
- Skyfarm Pop-Up at Post Houston | No Cover – Head to Post’s front plaza where you can taste, learn and take home fresh local food from farms across Houston. Plus, take to the rooftop and check out a tour of the Skyfarm, where more than 600 plants are growing for a late summer harvest. This event aims to connect Houstonians with farm fresh foods as well as invite them to be a part of the city’s green future. 5pm to 8pm.
- Steak Night at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. – Chef Daniel Ajtai from Yong at Finn Hall helps the Heights brewery with an offering of Korean ribeye, honey gochujang salmon, and beer cheese with warm slow dough pretzel to pair with tasty craft brews from the tap. Prices vary. 5:30pm to 9pm.
- Wallows in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The indie rock trio comes to Houston on the heels of the spring release of their sophomore album, Tell Me That It’s Over. $39.50 and up. 7pm.
- Thunder From Down Under Male Dancers at House of Blues – Admire the pristine physique of male Aussie dancers and strippers as they take to Downtown’s House of Blues with dynamic dance routines, barely-there costumes and chiseled abs. $22.50 and up. 7pm.
- Comedian Nathan Macintosh at Houston Improv – With stops by Jimmy Fallon, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, and Conan, the comedian and podcast host brings his explosive stage presence to West Houston. Tickets are sold by the table; $40 for 2, and up. 8pm.
- Latin Night at Como Social Club | No Cover – The poolside terrace and bar in the Woodlands welcomes Yelba to the stage, performing Latin hits to get you grooving. 8pm to midnight.
- Kate Watson in Concert at Dosey Doe: the Big Barn – From the 2019 edition of American Idol, the local singer-songwriter brings her country tunes to the stage in the Woodlands. $15 and up. 8:30pm.
- More Great Things to Do All Weekend Long – Some of the biggest things to do are happening all weekend long. Scroll up and see our list, or browse Houston Experiences to save on museum passes, tours, and more.
Friday, July 8, 2022
- Children’s Gardening at Hometown Heroes Park in League City | FREE – Help kiddos learn the basics for planting flowers, herbs and vegetables with other kids at this League City park. This event is recommended for ages 5 to 11. 11am to noon.
- Fri-Yay Rosé Tasting at Brennan’s of Houston – Back again for its fifth year, the Fri-Yay Rosé Party offers guests the chance to taste up to several rosé selections from Wine Guy Rich in a walk-around tasting, with limited light bites provided. $35 per person. 4pm to 7pm.
- Maverick City Music & Kirk Franklin in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – The Woodlands welcomes gospel music superstars Maverick City Music and Kirk Franklin for a night of heartfelt praise and worship. $30.50 and up. 6:45pm.
- History of Mezcal at Houston Botanic Garden – Take in a lesson on the original North American spirit, meszcal, when the South Houston botanic garden hosts this class that covers the history and its cultural uses, as well as provides a mezcal tasting and pairing. $85. 7pm.
- Noche de Cumbia at Axelrad | No Cover – Get moving to the rhythms of Cumbia as supplied by guest DJs and live bands on the outdoor stage at the neon-lit watering hole on Alabama. 7pm.
- Everything Everywhere All At Once Movie Screening at 14 Pews – Catch one of the best films of the year when the hilarious and head-spinning sci-fi action-adventure film comes to the Heights theater for one night only. $11. 7pm.
- Nightbird in Concert at Main Street Crossing – Relive the Rumours era and more of iconic rock band Fleetwood Mac when the tribute act, Nightbird, comes to Tomball’s stage. $28 and up. 8pm.
- Comedian Jeff D at the Secret Group – The NOLA stand-up comedian and actor most recently featured in Hulu’s The Premise and Killing It on Peacock, can be seen taking the stage with local funnyman Ku Egenti for a night of laughs in EaDo. $15. 8pm.
- Comedy Night at B-52 Brewing – The spacious outdoor brewery in Conroe hosts a slate of local comedians like Symply Courtney, Jimmy Smoltich and Kristy Belich for a night of stand-up and craft brews. $12. 8pm to 10pm.
- Danny Ocean in Concert at Rise Rooftop – Reggaeton producer and singer-songwriter Danny Ocean brings multi-platinum singles to the Rise Rooftop stage, including his breakout hit, “Me Rehúso.” $50 and up. 9pm.
- DJ Vrywvy presents VRYR&B at Warehouse Live – The Texas-based DJ brings her signature R&B night to Houston for the first time, featuring tunes from Drake, Summer Walker, Sza, the Weeknd and more. $25 in advance; $30 day of show. 10pm.
- Lady Faith & GEO in Concert at Stereo Live – Get into the high-energy groove when dance DJs Lady Faith and GEO take to the decks at West Houston’s Stereo Live. $8. 10pm.
- More Great Things to Do All Weekend Long – Some of the biggest things to do in Houston are happening all weekend long. Scroll up to see our list, or browse Houston Experiences to save on museum passes, tours, and more.
Add Your Event
Don’t see your event? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day. Or contact our advertising team to learn about larger campaigns, including bulk and discount options.