Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with our 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, July 1 to Sunday, July 3, 2022.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 15 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend: July 1 to 3, 2022
- Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels at Minute Maid Park | Daily – All-around phenom Shohei Ohtani leads the Angels for a three-game weekend series at the juice box. $29 and up. Times vary.
- Thorn & Moon Magickal Market at Raven Tower | Friday, July 1 – On the grounds of White Oak Music Hall, this unique market features talented performers, authors and guests that are on hand while you shop wares from local artisans that include artwork, tarot, oddities and other goods of the mystical and occult. 6pm to 11pm.
- Rugby: United States Eagles vs. French Barbarians at Aveva Stadium | Friday, July 1 – International rugby comes to Houston as part of the USA Rugby Summer Series. $20 and up. 7:30pm.
- Noir at Alley Theatre | Friday, July 1 & Saturday, July 2 | Final Weekend – Inspired by classic film noir, this world premiere musical is the story of a lonely man who begins eavesdropping on the couple next door, drawn deeper into intrigue and deceit. $28 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Houston Symphony presents Summer Symphony Nights at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, July 1 & Saturday, July 2 | FREE – The Symphony continues a tradition that dates back more than 80 years, showcasing local, national and international soloists and conductors with the first two nights of unique programming this month. 8:30pm.
- Hennything HTX at Aveva Stadium | Saturday, July 2 – Back again for its fifth year, this Fourth of July weekend special brings together vendors, food and culture to celebrate the beloved cognac. Plus, enjoy live music from Yung Bleu, Money Man, Trae Tha Truth and more. $30 and up. 3pm to 10pm.
- Neon Indian DJ Set at Axelrad | Saturday, July 2 | FREE – The chillwave electronic pop outfit, Neon Indian, DJs at Axelrad along with live music by Bad Bongo and Seys. 5pm.
- Lei the Day Luau at SpindleTap Brewery | Saturday, July 2 – Celebrate the release of the North Houston brewery’s latest, Lei the Day, a collaboration with Maui Brewing Company, and enjoy a luau with live performers, Hawaiian food and more. $15; $35 for VIP. 5pm to 10pm.
- Fleet Foxes at 713 Music Hall | Saturday, July 2 – The indie folk five-piece comes to Post Houston’s stage in support of their 2020 release, Shore. $39.50 and up. 8pm.
- Vegan Vibez Summer Fest at Raven Tower | Sunday, July 3 – Sample plant-based food and drinks at this festival that also features DIY crafts, rollerskating, DJ battles, artificial snow and more. $20. 2pm to 10pm.
- Funk ‘n’ Soul featuring Commodores, Cameo, SOS Band & more at Smart Financial Centre | Sunday, July 3 – Legends of funk and soul take the stage in Sugar Land for a star-studded night of grooving hits from Commodores, Cameo, Zapp, SOS Band, Midnight Starr, and Club Nouveau. $39.50 and up. 6pm.
- Star Spangled Salute at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Sunday, July 3 | FREE – Delight in patriotic music as the Houston Symphony presents its annual Star Spangled Salute in the Woodlands. Pre-concert activities kick off in the North and South Plazas and will feature free patriotic souvenirs, photo opportunities with characters, a special art project, a petting zoo and more. 6:30pm.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. Charlotte FC at PNC Stadium | Sunday, July 3 – Take advantage of discounts on 713 Night for the Dynamo, featuring $7 tickets, $1 hot dogs and $3 beers. $7 and up. 7:30pm.
- Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit at 713 Music Hall | Sunday, July 3 – The Grammy-winning Americana musician brings his band, the 400 Unit, to Post’s 713 Music Hall for a night in support of Georgia Blue, the group’s latest album. $45 and up. 8pm.
- Rick Ross at Rise Rooftop | Sunday, July 3 – The Boss Rick Ross makes an appearance on Fourth of July weekend, hitting the stage atop Midtown’s Rise Rooftop. $60 and up. 9:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).