Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with our 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, June 24 to Sunday, June 26, 2022.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 15 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend: June 24 to 26, 2022
- Comedian Damon Wayans at Houston Improv | Daily – Across six sets in four nights, the legendary comedian and actor brings his genius for laughter to the Improv stage for can’t-miss comedy. Tickets are sold by the table; $90 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Houston Ballet presents La Sylphide at Wortham Theater Center | Daily | Final Weekend – The oldest ballet in existence; this is the story of a Scottish farmer who finds himself enchanted by a Sylph—a beautiful, winged creature—on the eve of his wedding. What will the cost of his betrayal be? $25 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Born With Teeth at Alley Theatre | Thursday to Saturday | Final Weekend – This world premiere of Liz Duffy Adams’ play looks at what happens when two of the greatest writers of all time—Christopher Marlowe and William Shakespeare—meet in the back room of a pub to write a play. Expect intrigue, danger and egos in equal measure. $47 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Keshi in Concert at House of Blues | Friday, June 24 – The Houston-native dropped his debut studio album, Gabriel, in late March, and brings his acclaimed sound of smooth falsetto over hip-hop bangers to the stage at House of Blues. $35. 7pm.
- Rainbow on the Green at Discovery Green | Friday, June 24 | FREE – The Downtown park space presents its annual citywide LGBTQ celebration with entertainment from award-winning local drag queens, Houston’s own powerhouse vocalist Christina Wells, The Kinsey Sicks and more. 7pm to 10pm.
- Comedian Marlon Wayans at Bayou Music Center | Friday, June 24 – While his brother does four nights at the Improv, Marlon Wayans brings his own brand of side-splitting comedy to Downtown’s Bayou Music Center for a one night–only show while on the Microphone Fiend Tour. $49 and up. 7:30pm.
- Apollo Chamber Players present Moonstrike at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, June 24 | FREE – The chamber orchestra takes the stage in Hermann Park to deliver a multi-cultural program of music and art inspired by Native American moon legends, Turkish folk music and poetry. 8:30pm.
- 2nd Annual Summer Seoul Festival at Independence Park | Saturday, June 25 – Immerse yourself in all things K-pop and K-Hip Hop at this Asian music and food festival in Pearland, completely with the Myeongdong Market Pavilion featuring food, drink and dessert vendors, local shopping, three large dance competitions, and more fun for all ages. $10. 11am to 10pm.
- Caribbean Craft Market: Caribbean Heritage Month Edition at Kulture | Saturday, June 25 – On the outdoor patio of the Black-owned Downtown restaurant, you can celebrate Caribbean Heritage Month with local, Caribbean-owned vendors, plus enjoy cultural activities for kids and grub on tasty island cuisine. Free with early bird registration; $5 at the door. Noon to 5pm.
- 44th Annual Houston Pride Celebration at City Hall | Saturday, June 25 – The signature event of Pride Houston returns for its 44th edition, featuring an all-day festival at City Hall with DJs, vendor booths, a Family Fun Zone, and Coi Leray headlining the concert stage. Festival admission is $5; parade watching is free (begins at 7pm). Noon to 10pm.
- Denzel Curry in Concert at 713 Music Hall | Saturday, June 25 – The Florida rapper just recently dropped his fifth studio album, Melt My Eyez See Your Future, which is doing work on the Billboard charts as he comes to Post Houston’s concert stage. $32 and up. 8pm.
- Pop Cats at Silver Street Studios | Saturday, June 25 & Sunday, June 26 – Enjoy two days of cat-themed festivities with kitty playgrounds, merch, photo ops, art, live music, cat adoptions and more. $18. 11am to 5pm.
- Japanese Food Expo at NRG Center | Saturday, June 25 & Sunday, June 26 – The LA-based expo comes to H-Town, bringing Japan’s most popular street food, culture, desserts, and more. Visitors will be able to sample some of the best Japanese food items including ramen, takoyaki, okonomiyaki, mochi donuts, matcha ice cream, and more. $50; $40 for ages 6 to 12. Saturday 11am to 6pm; Sunday 1pm to 4pm.
- Future Fest Market at Post Houston | Sunday, June 26 | No Cover – Buy, sell and trade apparel with more than 45 sneaker, streetwear and vintage vendors at this afternoon market at Downtown’s Post building. Noon to 6pm.
- Adult Craft Night: DIY Neon Signs at Axelrad | Sunday, June 26 – Team up with the instructors from Crafters Paradise and learn how to make your own customized neon sign to take home. $40. 6pm to 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).