Updated Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 6:10pm
Celebrate the Fourth of July with our guide to fireworks, parades, concerts, and more happening around Greater Houston on and before Independence Day, Monday, July 4, 2022.
From Galveston to Conroe and everywhere in between, cities across the Greater Houston area are gearing up for big firework spectacles, concerts, and much more. Check out our guide below to find a celebration near you.
Things to Do on July 4th Around Greater Houston
Fourth of July Events & Fireworks in Houston
- Independence Day Festival at Railway Heights Market | Sunday, July 3 | FREE – The market on Washington Ave will include more than 70 vendors, live music, a kids’ area, and special food pop-ups serving up Texas BBQ, a whole roasted pig, crawfish, and more. 2pm to 10pm.
- 4th of July Brunch at B.B. Lemon | Independence Day, July 4 – Dish on brunch food and cocktails along with Wagyu burgers, hot dogs, and a live DJ for Independence Day. 11am to 3pm.
- Fourth of July Celebration at Bayou Bend Collections & Gardens | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Salute freedom in style as Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens features an extravaganza of Americana, with live performers, crafts, activities, and refreshments. 1pm to 5pm.
- Freedom Over Texas & Fireworks at Eleanor Tinsley Park | Independence Day, July 4 – The annual Freedom Over Texas will feature local, regional, and national entertainment and will be capped off with a musically choreographed, “Texas-sized” fireworks finale at Eleanor Tinsley Park. Along with the live music, Johnson Space Center brings an exclusive Space City Experience that will include an opportunity to be up close and personal with NASA astronauts, robotic demonstrations, virtual reality field trips to the International Space Station, and more. Tickets are $10; free ages 5 and under. 4pm to 10pm.
- Bubbles & Fireworks Boat Tour at Allen’s Landing | Independence Day, July 4 – Hop aboard BBP’s pontoon boat for a perfect view of Downtown’s spectacular fireworks show while floating along Buffalo Bayou and enjoying bubbly, beer, wine, and light bites. $125 per person. 8pm to 10pm.
Fourth of July Events & Fireworks in the Woodlands, Kingwood & North Houston
- Star Spangled Salute at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Sunday, July 3 | FREE – Delight in patriotic music as the Houston Symphony presents its annual Star Spangled Salute in the Woodlands. Pre-concert activities will feature free patriotic souvenirs, photo opportunities with characters, a special art project, a petting zoo and more. 6:30pm.
- South Montgomery County 4th of July Parade at the Woodlands Town Center | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – The annual parade returns with the them, “Stronger Together,” near the Woodlands Mall. The 1.3-mile parade route through Market Street will include entertainers, marching bands, elected officials and dignitaries, fire engines, and military members. 9am.
- July 4th Festival at Town Center Park | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Head over to Town Center Park in Kingwood for some family-friendly entertainment, games, and a laser light show to end the evening. 3pm to 9pm.
- July 4th Celebration and Street Fest in Tomball | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Honor America’s independence with live music, food, games, and more activities followed by a fireworks spectacular at dusk in Tomball. 6pm to 10pm.
- 25th Annual Red, Hot & Blue Festival in The Woodlands | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – The Woodlands celebrates freedom with a variety of family-friendly activities at multiple locations throughout the township. All sites will feature live music beginning at 6pm with bands playing until the Fireworks Extravaganza at around 9:30pm. 6pm to 10pm.
Fourth of July Events & Fireworks in Sugar Land, Bellaire & Southwest Houston
- Celebration of Independence Parade and Festival at Bellaire Town Square | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – The Bellaire Celebration of Independence kicks off with the children’s decorated bike parade, followed by a live band, a petting zoo, carnival games, food and more at Bellaire Town Square. 9:30am.
- Red, White and Boom at Crown Festival Park in Sugar Land | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Take the family out to Crown Festival Park for live musical entertainment, community booths, activities, photo opportunities, and of course, a dazzling firework display to conclude the celebration. 6pm to 10pm.
Fourth of July Events & Fireworks in Katy & West Houston
- Katy Freedom Celebration at Typhoon Texas | Independence Day, July 4 – Enjoy a day of 4th of July fun and entertainment at Typhoon Texas in Katy, then stick around for the Freedom Celebration fireworks show. Guests are also welcome to view the fireworks from Katy Mills Mall for free. General admission to the park ranges from $34.99 to $49.99. 11am to 9:30pm.
- Fulshear Freedom Fest at Fulshear High School | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Celebrate freedom with live music from Bag of Donuts from NOLA, plus shop local vendors, grub at food trucks and let the kiddos let loose at family fun zones. 6pm to 9:30pm.
- Independence Day Fireworks at CityCentre | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – The West Houston shop district hosts an evening of live music and a 10-minute firework spectacular for Independence Day. Though free, parking is $10 in the garages after 4pm. 7pm to 11pm.
Fourth of July Events & Fireworks in Pasadena, Deer Park & Baytown
- Baytown’s 4th of July Celebration at Bicentennial Park | Sunday, July 3 & Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – The City of Baytown hosts its two-day 4th of July event with a parade, a firework extravaganza, and live music by the Band Perry, Vanilla Ice, Cody Hibbard, and more at Bicentennial Park. Sunday 6pm to 10pm; Monday 4pm to 10pm.
- 4th Fest Celebration at Pasadena Municipal Fairgrounds | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Let freedom ring and enjoy food trucks, a kids’ zone, vendors, fireworks, and live music by The Slags and Gray Falls at Pasadena Municipal Fairgrounds. 4pm to 10pm.
Fourth of July Events & Fireworks in Galveston, Kemah & Southeast Houston
- Fireworks & Music at Moody Gardens | Saturday, July 2 | Some FREE – Enjoy a live DJ set on Palm Beach at Galveston’s Moody Gardens, followed by a fireworks show. $20 for entry to Palm Beach starting at 5pm; DJ music at 7pm. Fireworks viewing is free from around Moody Gardens and starts at 9:15pm.
- July 4th Celebration at Multiple Locations in Friendswood | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – The 127th Annual Friendswood 4th of July celebration will begin with a Grand Parade, then rides, games, and more at Stevenson Park at 10am. Later at night, head to Centennial Park and catch live entertainment and a firework show. 10am; fireworks at 9:20pm.
- July 4th Celebration & Concert at The Grand Galvez | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Bring your lawn chairs to Centennial Green in front of the historic hotel for prime parade-viewing, lawn games, music, and more. 6pm to 9pm.
- Fourth of July Parade in Galveston | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Galveston Island hosts its annual Independence Day with a parade featuring a procession of floats, decorated military vehicles, and performers. The parade will kick off at 6pm with a procession on Seawall Boulevard starting at 59th Street and ending at 27th Street. 6pm to 8pm.
- Celebration of Freedom at Independence Park | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Honor the country’s birthday at Independence Park in Pearland with live music from the variety band, Adrian Michael and the Greenway Band, and a spectacular fireworks display. Free to attend, though $5 for a wristband to participate in rides and attractions. 6pm to 10pm.
- Independence Day Concert & Fireworks at Bay Street Park | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Texas City salutes patriotism with live musical entertainment and explosive fireworks to end the show at Bay Street Park. 7pm.
- Galveston’s Fourth of July Drone Show at the 37th Street Groin | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Experience a one-of-a-kind show for the Fourth of July as hundreds of drones launch right from the beach at the 37th Street Groin in Galveston. The 12-minute show will include 12 custom formations including fireworks bursts, patriotic images, and island features such as birds, sea turtles, and fish. 9pm and 10:30pm.
- 4th of July Celebration at Kemah Boardwalk | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Spend the evening at Kemah Boardwalk for a July 4th celebration complete with live music and a patriotic firework show over Galveston Bay. 9:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).