Check out what’s happening for kiddos of all ages at our picks for the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston this week from Monday, June 6 to Sunday, June 12, 2022.
This week offers several chances to get creative with art camps and craft activities, plus you can enjoy live plays and dance performances, a pizza pie cooking class, and an all-day tour of cultures from across Asia at AsiaFest 2022 in the Museum District.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 12 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Week
- Summer Art Camps for Kids & Adults at Kevo Arts Studio | Monday, June 6 to Thursday, June 9 – Kiddos and adults are welcome to take part in these weekly art camps with separate instructors. All classes are open to ages 7 and up, including adults, and begin on Mondays. Most classes are $100 for kids; $150 for adults. Class slots start at noon, 3pm and 6pm, each with different topics.
- Wild Art Wednesdays at Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts | Wednesday June 8 | FREE – Let your creative juices flow as you create your own works of art based on current exhibitions at Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts in Spring. Registration required. 2pm to 4pm.
- Donald Duck Day at the Woodlands Children’s Museum | Thursday, June 9 – Celebrate the birthday of the Disney duck with a “Happy Birthday” singalong and photos throughout the afternoon. $7.50 for ages 1 and up. Every hour from 10:30am to 2:30pm.
- Cheer Live at Smart Financial Centre | Friday, June 10 – Top athletes from Navarro College and Trinity College, as seen in Netflix’s hit documentary, Cheer, take the stage to show off their high-flying skills when the 2022 tour stops by Sugar Land. $29.95 and up. 7:30pm.
- Clifford Movie Screening at Heritage Park | Friday, June 10 | FREE – Bring the family out to Heritage Park in Downtown Conroe for an outdoor screening of the 2021 adventure comedy, Clifford the Big Red Dog. Join 12-year-old Emily Elizabeth and her fun but impulsive uncle as they hit the Big Apple with the cute and cuddly, 10 foot-tall Clifford. 8pm.
- Open Dance Project presents Wonka! at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, June 10 | FREE – See a tribute to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as Open Dance Project celebrates the wit and imagination of Roald Dahl through their signature blend of athleticism and humor, with a multi-generational cast of professional dancers and aerialists. 8:30pm.
- YMCA Splash & Dash at the Shadowbend YMCA in the Woodlands | Saturday, June 11 – This first annual event sees kiddos compete in run and swim events, across three different age groups at the Shadowbend Y in the Woodlands. Open to ages 7 to 15, any skill level is welcome, but kids must be able to swim several laps of the pool unassisted. Swim and run lengths vary by age group. Registration is $40. 7:30am.
- Cleveland Outdoor Expo at Stancil Expo Center | Saturday, June 11 | FREE – North of Houston in Cleveland, this outdoor expo features a snake and reptile show, inflatables for the kiddos, KidFish archery, a touch-a-truck display, vendors and more. 9am to 3pm.
- Hire Houston Youth On-The-Spot Hiring Event at George R. Brown | Saturday, June 11 | FREE – In an effort to employ thousands of Houston area youth, ages 16 to 24, the Hire Houston Youth initiative holds its final event to meet with area representatives and interview on-the-spot (for applicants with resume, Texas ID and social security card). Head to Hire Houston Youth’s website to explore the job board and additional resources from local businesses. 10am to 2pm.
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at Main Street Theater | Opens Saturday, June 11 – Recommended for kindergarten ages and older, this classic adaptation of the beloved film finds Caractacus Potts and his children, Jeremy and Jemima, on a high-flying, fun-filled adventure of a lifetime. $20 and up. 10:30am and 1:30pm.
- AsiaFest 2022 at Asia Society Texas Center | Saturday, June 11 | FREE – Take a tour of cultures from across the Asia region, with all-ages arts and crafts activities inspired by countries like Korea, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and several others, catch traditional dance and music performances, watch a lion dance in the afternoon, and more. Free, though theater performances are $5 for members; $10 for non-members. 11am to 5pm.
- Parent & Child: A Pizza Party Cooking Class at Central Market | Sunday, June 12 – Families can learn to make pizza dough from scratch, create a simple and tasty uncooked pizza sauce, and then form and top their own pie at Central Market. You’ll also learn to make and fill calzones from the same dough and wrap up the festivities by whipping up a chocolate chip–studded filling for cannoli. $100 for 1 parent & 1 child. 11am to 1pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).