Make the most of your month with our list of the 15 biggest and most notable festivals and events in Houston in June 2022.
The official start of summer is near, which means there’s plenty of summertime fun for kids, adults and the young at heart.
This month, we celebrate Juneteenth, Father’s Day and a month of Pride events which culminates in the return of the 44th annual Pride Celebration in Downtown.
Events are listed chronologically by week, and are not in a ranked order. Events that span multiple weeks are carried over into the following week where appropriate.
Top 15 Festivals & Events in Houston This Month: June 2022
Week of Monday, May 30, 2022
- The Suffers (Album Release) at the Secret Group | Thursday, June 2 – Houston’s own soul slingers celebrate their latest release, It Starts With Love, It Ends With Love Part 1, with an album party in EaDo. $25 and up. 8pm.
Week of Monday, June 6, 2022
- Black Restaurant Week’s 5th Annual Nosh Culinary Showcase at George R. Brown Convention Center | Friday, June 10 – Back again for a fifth time, this culinary showcase gets you close to the city’s premiere Black chefs, caterers and bartenders who are serving up tantalizing tastes from cuisines that stretch the African diaspora. Early bird tickets are $30; $65 for VIP with cocktail lounge access, and up. 6pm to 10pm.
- Machine Gun Kelly in Concert at Toyota Center | Friday, June 10 – Houston is the second stop on the Mainstream Sellout Tour, the multi-platinum rapper and pop rock singer’s first arena tour, joined by Blackbear and Iann Dior. $29 and up. 8pm.
- Moon2Mars Festival at Space Center Houston | Friday, June 10 to Sunday, June 12 – Across three days, the Space Center celebrates NASA’s Artemis program and the space tech that we’ll need for the trip to Mars in the coming years. Swing by and enjoy food and drink, indoor and outdoor activities, and live performances from country artist Aaron Watson, singer-songwriter Katie Toupin, and indie rock groups American Authors and Shaed. $34.95 and up. Times vary.
- AsiaFest 2022 at Asia Society Texas Center | Saturday, June 11 | FREE – Celebrate a decade of Asia Society Texas’ immersive cultural programming with a birthday bash with live performances, arts and crafts, eats and treats, and more. Free, though theater performances are $10. 11am to 5pm.
- Summer Jam HTX 2022 at SoHo Festival Grounds | Saturday, June 11 – Get to South Houston for a summer concert featuring summertime DJs and over two dozen rap artists, headlined by Moneybagg Yo, Latto, Bun B, Lil Flip, Tay Money, and more. $85 and up. 2pm to 11pm.
- A Bayou City Picnic: Adysen Malek at the Arboretum | Saturday, June 11 – This special summer picnic series stocks you up with free Saint Arnold brews and your choice of sandwiches or charcuterie for you to enjoy when Adysen Malek performs a night of love songs in the breezy scenery of the Arboretum. $85 for 2; add-on options available. 6:30pm to 8pm.
Week of Monday, June 13, 2022
- Father’s Day Bourbon Whiskey Flight at Blossom Hotel Houston | Monday, June 13 to Father’s Day, Sunday, June 19 – All week long, you can bring Pops to the brand new luxury hotel near the Museum District for a flight of three Bourbons—Eagle Rare, Willet Bourbon and Bulleit Rye—plus a charcuterie board to pair. Father’s Day specials are also available for booking. Flights are $32. Noon to 9pm.
- Backstreet Boys in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Tuesday, June 14 – The Woodlands plays host to the best-selling boy band of the ’90s, Backstreet Boys, who amassed countless No. 1 hits and well over 100 million albums sold. $39 and up. 7:30pm.
- The Big Show 2022 at Lawndale Art Center | Saturday, June 18 | FREE – Featuring only artists practicing within 100 miles of Lawndale, the Big Show returns to the Museum District, offering one of Houston’s signature art events of the year. On display to Saturday, August 13. 11am to 5pm.
- David Lee Murphy, with Texas Hill in Concert at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Saturday, June 18 | FREE – The “Dust on the Bottle” country artist arrives in Houston on the No Zip Code tour, joined by the Craig Wayne Boyd-led Texas Hill. 8:30pm.
- Juneteenth Jubilee at Absolute Equality Mural in Galveston | Juneteenth, Sunday, June 19 | FREE – At the site of Reginald C. Adams’ massive mural on The Strand, celebrate Juneteenth at the birthplace of the historical event itself, with music, live performances, historic reenactments and more. 3pm to 6pm.
Week of Monday, June 20, 2022
- Rainbow on the Green at Discovery Green | Friday, June 24 | FREE – Celebrate Pride Weekend at the Downtown park with award-winning drag queens, Houston’s own powerhouse vocalist Christina Wells, and the Kinsey Sicks, who are known as “America’s Favorite Dragapella Beautyshop Quartet.” 7pm to 10pm.
- An Evening with Vic DiBitetto at House of Blues | Saturday, June 25 – The longtime comedian and actor blew up over the pandemic with his YouTube videos where he delivers his grievances from the front seat of his car, and now heads to House of Blues in Downtown for a live set. $25 and up. 7:30pm.
- 44th Annual Houston Pride Celebration at Houston City Hall | Saturday, June 25 – The signature event of Pride Houston returns for its 44th edition, featuring an all-day festival at City Hall with DJs, vendor booths, a Family Fun Zone, and Coi Leray headlining the concert stage. Plus, the festive parade that caps off the celebration starting at 7pm. Festival admission is $5; parade watching is free from multiple locations in Downtown. Noon to 10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).