Updated Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at 9:12pm
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, June 1 to Sunday, June 5, 2022.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Tuesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston This Week: Wednesday, June 1 to Sunday, June 5, 2022
- The Riot Comedy Show presents Johnny Pemberton at Rudyard’s Pub | Friday & Saturday – The actor and comedian best known for his role as Bo on NBC sitcom Superstore brings the laughs to Montrose over two nights. $15 and up. 7:30pm to 9pm.
- T.J. Miller at Houston Improv | Friday to Sunday – Seen in Deadpool and on Silicon Valley, the comedian and actor takes to the Improv stage for five sets on the weekend. $50 for 2, and up. Times vary.
Wednesday, June 1, 2022
- Wednesday Trivia Night at Eureka Heights | No Cover – Join in a free game of general trivia over brews at Eureka Heights. 7pm.
- $2 Bill Two Dollar Comedy Show at The Secret Group – Enjoy mid-week drinks and laughs at the weekly comedy showcase. $2. 7:30pm.
- Gera MX at House of Blues – Coming off a huge 2021 that saw the Mexican rapper team with Christian Nodal and Rels B on charted singles, the rapper heads to Downtown to perform fan faves and songs from his latest EP, Los No tan Tristes. $49 and up. 8pm.
Thursday, June 2, 2022
- Party on the Pavers at the Ion | No Cover – Pre-game ahead of First Thursday festivities at Mid-Main at the first of several Party on the Pavers events at the Ion this year, featuring live music from Danny Trio, bites from Oh My Gogi!, and more. Then, hop on the rail and head to Mid-Main for more fun. 4pm to 6pm.
- First Thursday on Mid Main – Enjoy live music, DJs tunes, drink specials, and complimentary beers from Saint Arnold’s Brewery in the garden, and take advantage of drink and food specials in local Mid Main establishments. $10. 6pm to 10pm.
- The Suffers Album Release Concert at the Secret Group – Houston’s own soul slingers celebrate their latest release, It Starts With Love, It Ends With Love Part 1, with an album party in EaDo. $25 and up. 8pm.
Friday, June 3, 2022
- Fireworks Summer Kickoff at Kemah Boardwalk | No Cover – Get summer rolling on the Boardwalk with amusement rides and fresh-catch dinner, then groove to live music and a spectacular fireworks show. 6pm to 10pm.
- Ben Rector in Concert at 713 Music Hall – The Nashville-based singer-songwriter with seven studio albums under his belt takes the stage Downtown in support of this latest, The Joy of Music. $35 and up. 7pm.
- Back in Black: The AC/DC Tribute at House of Blues | FREE with RSVP – Flash back to the ’80s with a highly energetic tribute concert featuring AC/DC’s hits. Metallica tribute band No Remorse opens the show. $15 and up, but free with RSVP before Wednesday, June 1, 2022 at 6pm. 8pm.
- Tiwa Savage in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The downstairs stage at White Oak hosts Nigerian singer-songwriter Tiwa Savage as she delivers songs from her 2021 Afrobeats album, Water & Garri. $37 and up. 8pm.
- Valentino Khan at Stereo Live – The LA-based DJ and producer heads to West Houston’s home for electronic music, bringing a night of trap tracks and collabs. $15. 10pm.
Saturday, June 4, 2022
- Doggy Day at B-52 Brewing | No Cover – Spend some time with your four-legged family members and enjoy multiple dog vendors, dog adoptions, and enter your pooch in a costume contest. 10am to 4pm.
- Houston Oyster & Seafest at the Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park – Everyone’s favorite bivalves will be the center of this tasty festival featuring live music, cocktails and oysters from some of the city’s best restaurants, in support of Galveston Bay Foundation’s Oyster Shell Recycling Program. $35 and up. 11am to 4pm.
- 2022 Lager Rush at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. | FREE – Guests are invited to get a taste of college nostalgia and rally at Eureka Heights for its 2nd annual Lager Rush, featuring a few new lagers and dollar hot dogs from Bullhorn Tailgate, plus sweet ’80s jams from Flashback and some “fratty” team games. 1pm to 6pm.
- 28th Anniversary Party at Saint Arnold Brewing Company | No Cover – Celebrate 28 years of local craft brews with live music, vendors, and several variations of one of the brewery’s most popular beers, Art Car IPA. 2pm to 9pm.
- ‘Lectric Eye & Captain Fantastic Tribute Night at Rockefeller’s – Enjoy an evening of glam rock when ‘Lectric Eye pays tribute to David Bowie, and Captain Fantastic pays tribute to Elton John. $10 and up. 8pm.
- Alyssa Edwards at Wortham Center | Sunday, June 5 – The Ru-Paul All-Star and host of Netflix’s Dancing Queen, Alyssa Edwards brings hilarious tales of her life to the stage in Downtown. $39.50 and up. 8pm.
- Rock & Roll Picnic at The Continental Club – This afternoon picnic session and fundraiser combines a group of women-fronted rock bands with foods from some of Houston’s master chefs, including Evelyn Garcia (KIN), Anita Jaisinghani (Pondicheri), Monica Cobb (Monica’s Restaurant, Spago), Julia Doran (Tiny Champions), and more. $25 and up. 2pm to 6pm.
- Spring Sake Tasting & Class at Camerata – Hosted by talented general manager Elyse Wilson (an Advanced Sake Professional certified by the Sake Education Council), this afternoon of sake tasting will feature four different styles of sake, each paired with a snack. $75 and up. 4pm to 6pm.
- USPA NYTS Cup at Houston Polo Club – The final match of the spring polo season sees teams jockeying for the last cup before summer break. Swing by for live music, a champagne divot stomp at halftime, plus get a look at the latest 2022 Ford trucks on display. Individual courtyard tickets are $32.50; $15.50 for ages 12 and under. Boxes for 2 to 20 guests range from $89 to $895. 6pm.
- Kishi Bashi in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Celebrating 10 years as a full-time artist, the songwriter and violinist will perform in support of the re-release of his debut album, 151a. $22 in advance; $25 at the door. 8pm.z
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).