Bust a gut at these must-see live comedy shows and events in Houston for June 2022.
If you’re looking to have a laugh, then we have you covered with some of the biggest headlining comedians, stand-up acts, and more stellar sets heading your way.
Want to dig for more laughs? Then check out our extended collection of comedy events in our calendar.
Here are our picks for the month’s top nights to tickle your funny bone:
Top 18 Live Comedy Events This Month: June 2022
- The Riot Comedy Show presents Johnny Pemberton at Rudyard’s Pub | Friday, June 3 & Saturday, June 4 – Known as Bo on the NBC hit sitcom, Superstore, the comedian stops by Montrose for three shows in two nights. $15 and up. Times vary.
- T.J. Miller at Houston Improv | Friday, June 3 to Sunday, June 5 – Seen in Deadpool and on Silicon Valley, the comedian and actor takes to the Improv stage for five sets on the weekend. $50 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Alyssa Edwards at Wortham Center | Sunday, June 5 – The Ru-Paul All-Star and host of Netflix’s Dancing Queen, Alyssa Edwards brings hilarious tales of her life to the stage in Downtown. $39.50 and up. 8pm.
- Tony Roberts at Houston Improv | Wednesday, June 8 & Thursday, June 9 – The Def Jam comic out of Detroit stops by the Marq*E comedy spot for back-to-back nights of hilarity. $44 for 2, and up. 7:30pm.
- Hari Kondabolu at the Secret Group | Friday, June 10 – Known for his 2017 documentary, The Problem with Apu, the New York-based comedian brings his insights as an Indian American to the Secret Group stage, tackling social issues with satirical takes on the world around us. $20 in advance; $25 day of show. 8pm.
- Annie Lederman at Houston Improv | Friday, June 10 to Sunday, June 12 – Seen on shows like MTV’s Girl Code and Chelsea Lately, plus as a writer and producer of Showtime’s Who Is America? with Sacha Baron Cohen, Annie Lederman performs five sets across the weekend at the West Houston comedy club. $44 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Nick Kroll at House of Blues | Saturday, June 11 – Rescheduled from an earlier date in January, the Big Mouth creator and hilarious comedian, that’s also featured in Sing 2 and alongside Harry Styles and Florence Pugh in Don’t Worry Darling, brings his Middle-Aged Boy Tour to House of Blues for a one-night engagement. $47.50. 8pm.
- Bored Teachers Summer 2022 Comedy Tour at Hobby Center | Monday, June 13 – The one-stop comedy platform for teachers around the world can be seen across social media with hilarious skits, memes and familiar classroom frustrations, but now you can catch them live on tour on Monday night at Hobby Center in Downtown. $35 and up. 8pm.
- Eric D’Alessandro at Houston Improv | Thursday, June 16 – The viral video comedian is known for his celebrity impressions and parody covers, launching himself to a worldwide audience with “Mask Off Remix (Walmart Diss).” Now, you can catch him for one night–only at the Improv. $40 for 2, and up. 8pm.
- Godfrey at Houston Improv | Friday, June 17 to Sunday, June 19 – From BET to Comedy Central, and in films like Soul Plane and Zoolander, the Nigerian American comedian can be found all over as he heads to West Houston for five sets across the weekend. $44 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Anjelah Johnson-Reyes at Bayou Music Center | Saturday, June 18 – The former MADtv cast member known for her characters like Bon Qui Qui, and most recently seen in The Real Dirty Dancing on Fox, Anjelah Johnson-Reyes heads Downtown for a packed night of laughter. $39 and up. 7pm.
- The Riot Comedy Show presents Cara Connors at Rudyard’s Pub | Saturday, June 18 – The Just For Laughs comedian brings her latest solo show, Straight for Pay, to the Montrose British pub’s upstairs stage for a late set on Saturday night. $12 and up. 11pm.
- Bobcat Goldthwait at the Secret Group | Sunday, June 19 – For decades, the gruff-voiced comedian has made audiences laugh with roles in movies like Police Academy, as a director for Chapelle’s Show and Community, and in his stand-up specials. He’ll come to EaDo for one Sunday evening set. $15 in advance; $20 day of show. 8pm.
- Damon Wayans at Houston Improv | Thursday, June 23 to Sunday, June 26 – Across six sets in four nights, the legendary comedian and actor brings his genius for laughter to the Improv stage for can’t miss comedy. $90 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Marlon Wayans at Bayou Music Center | Friday, June 24 – While his brother does four nights at the Improv, Marlon Wayans brings his own brand of side-splitting comedy to Downtown’s Bayou Music Center for a one night–only show while on the Microphone Fiend Tour. $49 and up. 7:30pm.
- Michael Ian Black at the Secret Group | Friday, June 24 & Saturday, June 25 – One-third of the comedy troupe Stella, and known for his roles in Wet Hot American Summer and other projects across TV and the silver screen, Michael Ian Black does two nights at the EaDo comedy club. $25. 8pm.
- An Evening with Vic DiBitetto at House of Blues | Saturday, June 25 – The longtime comedian and actor blew up over the pandemic with his YouTube videos where he delivers his grievances from the front seat of his car, and now heads to House of Blues in Downtown for a live set. $25 and up. 7:30pm.
- Alex Fernández at Houston Improv | Tuesday, June 28 – The Mexico City comic can be spotted on Comedy Central and in his Netflix special, The Best Comedian in the World. Catch him at the Improv for one-night only. $50 for 2, and up. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).