Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with the 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, May 20 to Sunday, May 22, 2022.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 15 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend: May 20 to 22, 2022
- Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers at Minute Maid Park | Daily – With the Rangers in town for the weekend, the ‘Stros host several days of giveaway goodies, including a Chewbacca can cooler on Thursday’s Star Wars Night, an Orbit jersey on Friday, a Yuli Gurriel bobblehead on Saturday, and a limited key chain on Sunday afternoon. $15 and up. Times vary.
- Stages presents You Are Cordially Invited to Sit In at the Gordy | Daily | Final Weekend – This world premiere explores the lives of four Black college students from Houston’s segregated Third Ward who join the fight for Civil Rights. Backed by music from the 1960s and ‘70s, this Houston-based story in inspired by the true story of the Bayou City’s first sit-in. $15 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Carin Leon in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Friday, May 20 – The Todo el Año Tour brings the Sonoran musician to Sugar Land, performing his regional Mexican tunes. $66 and up. 7pm.
- Pasadena Strawberry Festival at Pasadena Municipal Fairgrounds | Friday, May 20 to Sunday, May 22 – The annual strawberry fest returns to Pasadena, featuring a weekend of bbq, carnival rides, a car show, mutton bustin’, a kids zone, and more. Tickets are $15; $5 for ages 6 to 10. Weekend passes are $30. Times vary.
- 2022 Houston Art Bike Festival at MacGregor Park | Saturday, May 21 | FREE – Celebrate personal creativity on two wheels at this inaugural festival and bike parade featuring art bikes from HISD schools, live music, art activities, food trucks, and more. Ride begins at MacGregor Park, proceeding to Fonde Park and Smither Park (at the Orange Show) along Brays Bayou Greenway. 9am to 6pm.
- Houston Margarita Festival at the Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park | Saturday, May 21 – Returning for its ninth edition at the Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park, the Houston Margarita Festival features 19 flavored margs for tasting, live music, DJ tunes, dancing, food vendors, and more. $9 with discount code 365; $30 at the gate. Noon to 10pm.
- 14th Annual Galveston Island Beach Revue at Beach Central | Saturday, May 21 – Head to the island for some throwback fun in the sun at this official kick-off to the summer season, featuring a Bathing Beauties contest, hot rod and classic car show, food and vintage vendors, and more. $5 and up. Noon to 7pm.
- The Taste of Louisiana Festival 2022 at Crown Festival Park | Saturday, May 21 – Back again for its 7th year, this festival celebrates our neighbors from down the way, with spicy Louisiana-style crawfish, a beer garden, live music from NOLA—including a headline show by Big Freedia—plus a kids zone with games, face painters, and inflatables. $25 and up; crawfish starts at $22 for 3 pounds. 2pm to 9pm.
- Cody Jinks with Lukas Nelson & The Promise of the Real in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, May 21 – The Texas country artist heads to the Woodlands to play songs from his 2021 release, Mercy. $35 and up. 6pm.
- Phoebe Bridgers in Concert at the Lawn at White Oak Music Hall | Saturday, May 21 – Returning to touring after a pandemic hiatus, the indie rock singer-songwriter brings songs from her award-winning album, Punisher, while on her Reunion Tour. $57.50. 7pm.
- Comedian Daniel Tosh at Bayou Music Center | Saturday, May 21 – The longtime host of Tosh.0 and stand-up comic known for his biting delivery, Daniel Tosh takes the stage in Downtown for a night of nonstop hilarity. $49 and up. 7:30pm.
- Ars Lyrica presents Dido and Aeneas at Hobby Center | Saturday, May 21 & Sunday, May 22 – This new production of Henry Purcell’s opera is the dramatic story of a queen who falls in love with a prince, and the sorceress who plots to separate them. $25 and up. Saturday 7:30pm; Sunday 2:30pm.
- Run Houston! Clear Lake 5K & 10K at University of Houston–Clear Lake | Sunday, May 22 – Get your feet moving at the next event in the Run Houston! series, which sends runners down 5K and 10K courses from the UH–Clear Lake campus, down Bay Area Boulevard, and back. Starting at $40, kids can also register for the 1K course. $60 and up. 8am.
- 2nd Annual Karbach Hot Sauce Festival at Karbach Brewing | Sunday, May 22 – Add some heat to your day at this second annual festival celebrating everything spicy, with a special performance from Bob Schneider, artist markets, local food and hot sauce vendors. $12. 11am to 6pm.
- Performing Arts Houston presents An Evening with Neil Gaiman at Jones Hall | Sunday, May 22 – The genre-bending author known for his popular works like Coraline, American Gods, and the Sandman comic series comes to Jones Hall for an evening of stories, questions, and words of wisdom. $29 and up. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).