Make the most of your week with our top 16 festivals, events, and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, May 16 to Sunday, May 22, 2022.
This week brings a great mix of outdoor fun, great concerts, and family-friendly events to enjoy in Houston.
We’ve whittled it down to our 15 picks for the week, but you can always check out the extended calendar for more happenings in Houston.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, May 16 to Sunday, May 22, 2022.
Top 15 Festivals, Events & Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Wine Dinner featuring Nice Winery at Brennan’s of Houston | Tuesday, May 17 – The classic Gulf eatery hosts a special French-inspired, five-course dinner paired with award-winning wines from local fav, Nice Winery, for Brennan’s first wine dinner of the year. $175. 6:30pm.
- College Baseball: Houston Cougars vs. Rice Owls at Schroeder Park | Tuesday, May 17 – After posting a strong winning record, the Coogs will host Rice in their final home game of the season, before wrapping it up in North Carolina. $10 and up. 6:30pm.
- Notorious RBG in Song at Holocaust Museum Houston | Wednesday, May 18 – Soprano and composer Patrice Michaels (the daughter-in-law of the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg) joins acclaimed pianist Andrew Harley for a nine-song performance that highlights key aspects of Justice Ginsburg’s personal and professional life. $25. 7pm.
- Paul Wall, Doc Loc & the Swangers, DJ Mav in Concert at Discovery Green | Thursday, May 19 | FREE – The Thursday Night Concert series keeps rolling at Discovery Green, with H-Town legend Paul Wall hitting the stage backed by a big band arrangement from Doc Loc and the Swangers, and DJ Mav on the decks. 7pm.
- New Kids on the Block, with Salt-N-Pepa, Rick Astley & En Vogue in Concert at Toyota Center | Thursday, May 19 – Time warp to the ’90s for a night of danceable hits and irresistible pop songs from New Kids On The Block, Salt-N-Pepa, Rick Astley and En Vogue. $29.95 and up. 7:30pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers at Minute Maid Park | Thursday, May 19 to Sunday, May 22 – With the Rangers in town for the weekend, the red hot ‘Stros host several days of giveaway goodies, including a Chewbacca can cooler on Thursday’s Star Wars Night, an Orbit jersey on Friday, a Yuli Gurriel bobblehead on Saturday, and a limited key chain on Sunday afternoon. $15 and up. Times vary.
- An Evening with They Might Be Giants at House of Blues | Friday, May 20 | Postponed – The alt rock duo celebrates Flood, the band’s landmark third album, performing it in entirety along with other fan favorites. $30 and up. 6:30pm.
- Carin Leon in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Friday, May 20 – The Latin singer-songwriter brings his hyper-traditional music filled with strings, horns, accordions, acoustic guitars, bass, and snare drums to Sugar Land. $66 and up. 7pm.
- 2022 Houston Art Bike Festival at MacGregor Park | Saturday, May 21 | FREE – Celebrate personal creativity on two wheels at this inaugural festival and bike parade featuring art bikes from HISD schools, live music, art activities, food trucks, and more. Ride begins at MacGregor Park, proceeding to Fonde Park and Smither Park (at the Orange Show) along Brays Bayou Greenway. 9am to 6pm.
- Casting Call “Chief Humankindness Officer” for St. Luke’s Health at Silver Street Studios| Saturday, May 21 | FREE – Children ages 5 to 12 are invited to audition for the honorary position of Chief Humankindness Officer for St. Luke’s Health. 11am to 3pm.
- Houston Margarita Festival at the Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park | Saturday, May 21 – Returning for its ninth edition at the Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park, the Houston Margarita Festival features 19 flavored margs for tasting, live music, DJ tunes, dancing, food vendors, and more. $9 with discount code 365; $30 at the gate. Noon to 10pm.
- 14th Annual Galveston Island Beach Revue at Beach Central | Saturday, May 21 – Head to the island for some throwback fun in the sun at this official kick-off to the summer season, featuring a Bathing Beauties contest, hot rod and classic car show, food and vintage vendors, and more. $5 and up. Noon to 7pm.
- 2nd Annual Karbach Hot Sauce Festival at Karbach Brewing | Sunday, May 22 – Add some heat to your day at this second annual festival celebrating everything spicy, with a special performance from Bob Schneider, artist markets, local food and hot sauce vendors. $12. 11am to 6pm.
- Ronstadt Revue Tribute at Main Street Crossing | Sunday, May 22 – Watch Gesenia Gerena bring the 40+ year career of musical icon Linda Ronstadt to life with a tribute performance featuring her music in both English and Spanish. $45 and up. 6:30pm.
- Performing Arts Houston presents An Evening with Neil Gaiman at Jones Hall | Sunday, May 22 – The genre-bending author known for his popular works like Coraline, American Gods, and the Sandman comic series comes to Jones Hall for an evening of stories, questions, and words of wisdom. $29 and up. 8pm.
Many More Things to Do in Houston
- Top Concerts & Live Shows This Week – Check out our top picks for local and touring musicians, stars, and personalities hitting the stage in H-Town this week.
- Top Games & Sports Events This Week – Scope out professional and select college sports games, touring athletic competitions, local fitness and participatory events, and more.
- Top Things to Do For Kids & Families This Week – Zero in on the best option for families and the junior set around Greater Houston.
- Current Temporary Museum Exhibits & Art Installations in Greater Houston – Explore the newest installations and exhibits on short term display at museums and locations around Houston, with a focus on art, history, and science.
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more live entertainment, events, pop-ups, markets, and other options around Houston.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).