Find the next adventure for kiddos of all ages at our picks for the top 10 summer camps for kids in Houston for summer 2022.
Summer has arrived a bit early this year, but that doesn’t mean you’ve missed the chance to enroll kiddos in upcoming summer camps taking place across the Greater Houston area.
From theater and the arts to creative writing and outer space, there are plenty of ways to engage with every kid’s favorite interests.
2022 Summer Camps for Kids in Houston
- Space Center Houston Explorer Camps | Tuesday, May 31 to Friday, August 12 – In 4- and 5-day camps, Space Center Houston engages with kiddos to explore engineering and robotics through STEM activities, problem solving, and a hearty sense of adventure. Ages 4 to 11. Enrollment varies and starts at $299.95. Learn more.
- Houston Humane Society Camp Pawsome | Tuesday, May 31 to Friday, August 19 – Animal lovers will adore this week-long camp that will have them getting hands-on time with adoptable animals, learning about animal welfare, playing games and making crafts, and even having a chance to observe a live animal surgery in the on-site clinic. Ages 7 to 17. $300. Learn more.
- Elite University Summer Camps | Wednesday, June 1 to Friday, August 19 – In Midtown and West University, these kids camps encompass quite a few different week-long classes and workshops, including instruction in archery, horseback riding, culinary arts, karate, STEM, veterinary science and more. Incoming Kindergarten to 12th grade. Enrollment varies and starts at $275. Learn more.
- Coder Kids Summer Camps | Wednesday, June 1 to Friday, August 26 | Virtual Option – Held at multiple locations across Houston and virtually, Coder Kids camps this summer are week-long crash courses in building programming foundations and offering hands-on application in video gaming, YouTube, digital animation, apps and more. Incoming Kindergarten to 8th grade. Enrollment varies and starts at $165. Learn more.
- Urban Chef Summer Cooking Camps | Monday, June 6 to Friday, July 29 – Set your kiddos on the kitchen with week-long courses that will give them the fundamentals of cooking, baking, and techniques needed to master grub from around the world. Ages 6 to 17. Enrollment varies and starts at $360. Learn more.
- Theatre Under the Stars’ Humphreys School Summer Camp | Monday, June 6 to Friday, August 5 – Get a touch of the theater with TUTS’ summer camps that give kiddos a crash course in musical theatre, Disney-themed dance numbers, audition prep in dance and voice, and even a full summer production—from lighting and costumes to tech and talent—that spans three weeks. Ages 4 to 18. Individual sessions and week-long courses are available. Enrollment varies and starts at $89. Learn more.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston’s Glassell Junior School | Monday, June 6 to Friday, August 12 – Across two sessions this summer, MFAH is offering classes and workshops that help kiddos explore artistic worlds from many different mediums (like ceramics, acrylic painting, digital art, sculpture and more), intended to tap into individual creativity and experimentation, along with plenty of take-home masterpieces. Ages 4 to 18. Classes are typically a week long, but vary. Enrollment starts at $165 for nonmembers. Learn more.
- School of Rock Summer Camps | Monday, June 6 to Friday, August 19 – At its four locations in the Heights, West University, Memorial and Pearland, School of Rock offers week-long music camps this summer that get kiddos with no experience to explore their instruments through games and activities, or let the more seasoned artists learn how to dip into songwriting or performing songs from popular pop and rock icons. Ages 5 to 18. Enrollment varies and starts at $325. Learn more.
- Creative Writing Camp at Rice University | Monday, June 13 to Friday, July 29 | Virtual Option – Held at four physical locations or fully online, these week-long camp sessions provide kids from incoming Kindergarten to 12th grade an opportunity to jump into the world of creative writing, explore feelings and thoughts, channel themselves in poetry, try their hand at playwriting, and more. $495; discounts for multiple children. Learn more.
- USA Ninja Challenge Katy | Monday, June 13 to Friday, August 12 – Inspired by the global competition show, these week-long camps offer kids a chance to build all the skills they’ll need to navigate the gym-wide obstacle course and smash that button at the end of the week. Ages 5 to 13. $225. Learn more.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).