Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with the 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, May 13 to Sunday, May 15, 2022.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 15 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend: May 13 to 15, 2022
- Activation Festival: Ion Block Party at the Ion | Friday, May 13 | FREE – Wrapping up a week of grand opening festivities, the brand new innovation hub in Midtown hosts an evening block party featuring arcade and lawn games, live music, food trucks, appearances from Houston mascots, and more. 5:30pm to 9pm.
- Party on the Plaza: Reputation in Concert at Avenida Houston | Friday, May 13 | FREE – Join with other Swifties for a night of the pop icon’s singalong hits when the Taylor Swift tribute act, Reputation, takes the stage in one of this year’s final Party on the Plaza concerts in Downtown. Attendees can also enjoy beverages and snap a photo for the massive selfie display. 6pm to 9pm.
- Dave Matthews Band at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Friday, May 13 – One of the best-selling rock bands of all time comes to the outdoor pavilion in the Woodlands for a night of greatest hits and songs from their chart-topping 2018 release, Come Tomorrow. $49.50 and up. 7:30pm.
- Kung Fu Film Nights: The Grandmaster Movie Screening at Asia Society Texas Center | Friday, May 13 – Take to Asia Society Texas’ outdoor lawn for a screening of the 2013 Chinese martial arts film, The Grandmaster. Tickets to the action-packed evening also include a complimentary Asahi beer and a themed cocktail from Desert Door Distillery, plus free popcorn for the first 20 arrivals. $10. 8pm.
- For Ellen, a Group Show at Hardy & Nance Studios | Friday, May 13 & Saturday, May 14 | FREE – In the North Downtown area, this two-night show features work of many styles and mediums from 32 local artists, including DUAL, Chris Cascio, Paul Kremer, Emily Peacock, Ellen Brown and many others. 5pm to 11pm.
- Houston Ballet at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, May 13 & Saturday, May 14 | FREE – One of the city’s beloved arts companies brings two nights of incredible athleticism and artistry to the outdoor stage in Hermann Park, performing thrilling moments from some of the most recognizable and cherished ballets. 8pm.
- AAPI Festival at Houston Public Library–Downtown | Saturday, May 14 | FREE – Celebrate Houston’s Asian American Pacific Islander community with an afternoon of dance performances, bilingual storytime, a papier-mâché craft activity, and a story circle with voices from the AAPI community at Houston Public Library’s outdoor Barbara Bush Literacy Plaza. 11am to 2pm.
- Bedrock City Comic Con at No Label Brewery | Saturday, May 14 | No Cover – The city’s premiere comic book vendor joins with Katy’s No Label Brewery for an afternoon mini-convention akin to the popular Comic-Con, complete with more than 30 vendors, comic talent, artists, cosplay contests, games, food trucks, live music and more. Noon to 6pm.
- 5th Annual Sundress & Shorts Crawfish & Zydeco Festival at BH Ranch | Saturday, May 14 – Get a taste of Louisiana at this all-day shindig featuring crawfish from Creole Creajuns, plus a zydeco lineup of live music from Ruben Moreno, Brian Jack, Leon Chavis and more. Attendees can bring their own chairs, tents, and drinks to take in the party. $35 and up. 2pm.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. Nashville SC at PNC Stadium | Saturday, May 14 – Two Western Conference squads tussle on the pitch at PNC when the Dynamo host Nashville SC in a Saturday evening showdown. $10 and up. 7:30pm.
- Houston Fringe Festival’s Best of Fringe 2022 at MATCH | Saturday, May 15 & Sunday, May 16 – Take in some of the city’s best talents at this annual showcase that features a diverse lineup of solo and ensemble work in dance, spoken word, drag performances and more. $15 in advance; $20 at the door. 8pm.
- Galveston Family Beach Challenge at East Beach | Sunday, May 15 | FREE – Get competitive as a family at a larger-than-life obstacle course on Galveston’s East Beach. Families of 4 or more will vie for gift cards and VIP tickets to Galveston attractions by competing through 14 stations for kids and adults, including games like bean bag toss, a life-size Battleship, limbo, volley balloon, and more. Free, but registration is required. 11am to 4:30pm.
- Super Happy Sunday Funday at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. | Sunday, May 15 | No Cover – Partnering with Super Happy Incredible Toys, this Halfway to Halloween Swap Meet finds toy and art vendors, beer, movies on the big screen, food trucks and more at Eureka Heights’ monthly event. 6pm.
- Michelle Zauner in Conversation with Bryan Washington at Asia Society Texas Center | Sunday, May 15 – Founder of the indie rock band Japanese Breakfast and New York Times best-selling author of Crying in H Mart, Michelle Zauner is joined by acclaimed Houston author Bryan Washington for a conversation about the development of Zauner’s memoir, the origins and successes of her band, and how her family and Korean heritage has influenced her art. $20. 7pm.
- Roberto Carlos in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Sunday, May 15 – The forefront artist of the 1950s Brazilian pop rock movement, Roberto Carlos, or “The King” as he’s known, graces the stage in Sugar Land to perform hit songs from his decades-spanning career. $59.99 and up. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).