Secure your title as “favorite kid” with our top picks for delicious meals, events, and sweet gestures to help better celebrate mom this Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8, 2022.
This year, show the mothers in your life how special they are with a slate of events around Houston that can help convey that appreciation, from concerts to popular eateries serving up delicious brunch plates.
Mother’s Day 2022 Events in Houston
- Jagged Edge & Ginuwine in Concert: Mother’s Day Celebration at Arena Theatre | Friday, May 6 – Bring mom to an R&B concert when Jagged Edge and Ginuwine perform at Arena Theatre. $65 and up. 7pm.
- Luxury Mother’s Day Weekend Package at Blossom Hotel Houston | Friday, May 6 to Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8 – Indulge mom in special weekend getaway at the new boutique hotel by the Museum District, with special goodies including Champagne upon arrival, gourmet chocolates, an indulgent breakfast in bed paired with a refreshing mimosa flight, and a 2pm late checkout time. Prices vary based on room type and size.
- Heights Mercantile Mother’s Day Market 2022 | Saturday, May 7 | No Cover – Find one-of-a-kind gifts for the mothers in your life as Heights Mercantile Mother’s Day Market 2022 returns with pop-up shopping on the promenade along E. 7th, between Heights Blvd and Yale. 11am to 6pm.
- Mother’s Day Weekend at Bayou Bend | Saturday, May 7 & Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8 – Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens celebrates Mother’s Day Weekend, giving moms the chance to be surrounded by the beauty of nature while enjoying art, music and more. There will be live music by harpist Hope Cowan and complimentary cookies, lemonade, and water. $12.50; free for moms. 1pm to 5pm.
- Mother’s Day with Marcus D. Wiley at Houston Improv | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8 – The Houston comic and co-host of the Yolanda Adams Morning Show, Marcus D. Wiley hosts an afternoon Mother’s Day special with his signature brand of clean, edgy comedy. $50 for 2, and up. 2pm.
- Ponies & Petals Cup: Mother’s Day at Houston Polo Club | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8 – Houston Polo Club hosts a special Mother’s Day match, complete with Best Ladies Hat Contest, with door prizes, expert announcing, a Champagne divot stomp at halftime, and live flamenco guitar music. Individual courtyard tickets are $32.50; $15.50 for ages 12 and under. Boxes for 2 to 20 guests range from $89 to $895. 5pm.
- Houston Latin American Philharmonic: Mother’s Day Serenade at Wortham Theater Center | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8 – The Houston Latin American Philharmonic presents its annual Mother’s Day Serenade with special guest and international star José Luis Rodriguez, known artistically as “El Puma.” $29 and up. 6:30pm.
Mother’s Day 2022 Brunch in Houston
- Mother’s Day Brunch at the Glade Cultural Center | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8 – Show your appreciation with a Brunch Buffet menu that includes a seafood station, a carving station, breakfast foods, and more at Glade Cultural Center in the Woodlands. $97 per person and $48.50 for ages 12 and under. 10am.
- Mother’s Day Champagne Brunch at 1880 Garten Verein | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8 – Held in one of Galveston’s most historic buildings, 1880 Garten Verein, this festive brunch will feature a special gift, a Mother’s day corsage, live music, and more. $75; $85 with a homes tour. 10am to noon.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Hugo’s | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8 – Bring the family out to have some modern Mexican fare when Hugo’s in Montrose offers their Mother’s Day Brunch menu. $52 per person. 10am to 2:30pm.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at B&B Butchers & Restaurant | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8 – B&B Butchers & Restaurant invites mothers to enjoy live music along with a tasty brunch menu. Each mom will also receive a complimentary mimosa or bellini. Menu prices vary. 10am to 3pm.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Backstreet Cafe | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8 – Take mom over to Backstreet Cafe for a brunch that includes Shrimp & Stone-ground Cheese Grits, Salmon Benedict, Wagyu Hanger Steak, and more. There will also be live jazz by Bob Chadwick. $56 per person. 10am to 3pm.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Urbe | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8 – Treat mom to a Mother’s Day Brunch at Urbe, a Mexican street food restaurant, and enjoy dishes like chilaquiles, huevos rancheros, gorditas, and more. $45 per person. 10am to 5pm.
- Mother’s Day at Brasserie Du Parc | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8 – Pull up a chair and spend Mother’s Day in Downtown with a delicious French meal at Brasserie Du Parc. $70 per person. 10am to 9pm.
- The Ultimate Mother’s Day Brunch at Turner’s | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8 – Enjoy live piano music while you dine on a delicious, 4-course prix-fixe menu by Executive Chef Robert Del Grande and Chef de Cuisine Jose Valencia at Turner’s in Uptown. Each mom will receive a special take-home gift. $250 per person. 11am.
- Mother’s Day at The Houstonian | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8 – Brighten mom’s day with a spring menu full of fresh salads, seafood dishes, and Post Oak wood-grilled specialties at Tribute at The Houstonian hotel. Reservations required. 11am to 3pm.
- Mother’s Day at Étoile Cuisine Et Bar | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8 – Treat mom to traditional French cuisine when Étoile Cuisine Et Bar offers a Mother’s Day menu featuring dishes like chilled potato leek soup, Spring vegetable risotto, eggs Benedict, and more. $68 per person. 11am to 3pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).