Get your Derby on—including the biggest, grandest, most elegant hat you can find—at one of our Kentucky Derby Day picks around Houston on Saturday, May 7, 2022.
It’s time to pony up for a good time as the Kentucky Derby returns this weekend, bringing with it a slate of events at local bars and restaurants that will you have you sipping mint juleps, gathering among some of the most elegant hats you’ve seen, and toasting to two minutes of horse race madness.
Check out our picks for where you can catch the Kentucky Derby from Churchill Downs (race time is around 5:30pm), along with food and drink specials, and more.
2022 Kentucky Derby Day Viewing Parties Around Houston
- Talk Derby to Me at the Rustic Downtown | No Cover – The Rustic will be hosting its annual Kentucky Derby watch party, featuring live music kicking off after the race, plus drink and food specials, and a best dressed contest with prizes. 10am to 1am.
- Derby Day Party at the Four Seasons Houston | No Cover – Cheer on your favorite horse at Bayou & Bottle, the American eatery housed in Downtown’s Four Seasons Hotel. Enjoy food specials, a best-dressed competition and plenty of mint juleps to go around. 11am to 11pm.
- Derby Day at Eight Row Flint | No Cover – Get those extravagant hats ready for Eight Row Flint’s Derby Day party in the Heights, featuring live DJs, two bars, a build your own hatband bar, a Derby hat contest, and more. 11am to midnight.
- Kentucky Derby Day Party at Julep – The Washington Avenue drinkery invites locals to break out their best hats and bowties for its annual Derby Day Party, featuring house cocktails, Champagne, a Topo Chico station, two main bars, a whiskey bar, tacos from Cochinita & co., a live DJ set and a Vinyl Ranch pop-up shop, along with the live stream of the Kentucky Derby. $15; $20 at the door. Noon to 6pm.
- Kentucky Derby Watch Party at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. | No Cover – Bring out your seersucker jorts when Eureka Heights Brewing Co. hosts their Derby Watch Party, with food from Harold’s in the Heights on-site, a market, Derby-themed drinks, and more. Noon to 6pm.
- Annual Kentucky Derby Hat Party at Brasserie 19 | No Cover – Sip on a mint julep, don your best hat, and cheer on this year’s prized stallions at the French restaurant in River Oaks. Noon to 7pm.
- Derby Wine Fest 2022 at Brenner’s on the Bayou – Featuring eclectic wines, chef-crafted bites, live music, and more along the picturesque Buffalo Bayou, the annual Wine Fest gets a Derby twist this year at Brenner’s on the Bayou. $150 per person. 2pm to 6pm.
- Derby Day at William Price Distilling | FREE – Wear your freshest threads and join William Price in the Heights for a day of Derby with mint juleps and the race on a 20-foot screen. RSVP to attend, and receive a betting ticket to place on your horse of choice and vie for prizes. 3pm to 6pm.
- Kentucky Derby Bourbon Dinner at the Tasting Room – In CityCentre, dine on Chef Beto Gutierrez’s decadent Kentucky Derby–inspired menu with expert bourbon pairings to go along with it. $75 per person. Reservations required. 4pm.
- Kentucky Derby Party at Pier 6 Seafood in San Leon – Don you seersucker for Pier 6’s derby party on the patio, featuring specials on mint juleps, wine flights, and a Run for the Roses photo wall. Best dressed will also take home wine basket prizes. 4pm to 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).